PDA

View Full Version : Bugs, Bugs and more bloody Bugs!!!!!

Spoons
12th November 2010, 10:34 AM
Do any of you lot use a product to stop bugs from sticking to your car? If so, what is the product and how effective is it?

Just back from a 5000km round trip to Sydney and am trying to get the bug guts off the Patrol and the caravan. The only thing I have found is to use carnuba wax polish (no abrasive), it gets them off slowly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bigrig
12th November 2010, 10:47 AM
Don't know that I'd be doing it to a newer car, but on shorter trips (under 1000) my old man used to rub vasoline on the front of the car - so long as not too hot (i.e. melts), he reckons the bugs wiped straight off at the end of the drive as they weren't stuck to the paint ... mind you, he was full as a fat girls slipper when he told me, so it could be all lip service!!! LOL

Or you could hunt down someone in Australian who sells this stuff ... http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

Bob
12th November 2010, 11:20 AM
Try Napisan with warm water. Make sure you rinse off

patch697
12th November 2010, 11:56 AM
There is a product called BUGOFF with is what I ues & it works a treat..... Yuo can pick it up at any Super Cheap store.

Spoons
12th November 2010, 01:32 PM
Havnt tried the napisan but will give it a go. Tried all the various commercial bug removers with varying success, mostly not very good. Our bugs are in the godzillions at this time of the year (humidity starting to stay up). I drove through a locust clowd out west years ago and had an instant windscreen wide bug guts smear which the wipers refused to remove, the wipers actually started to stop it was so sticky. Sounded like a handful of gravel had been thrown against the windscreen.

I have got most of the marks off the front of the caravan with carnuba wax polish (seems to melt the crap right off). Going to have a go at the Patrol this afternoon. Will try the napisan.

Thanks

Woof
12th November 2010, 07:20 PM
Try Kero, but make sure that you wash it off.

NissanGQ4.2
12th November 2010, 07:35 PM
just do what i do, don't wash the 4b, you will get use 2 it, i know form experience :)

tariadamar
12th November 2010, 08:43 PM
ok at work i have alot of bugs to clean off as we run trucks through the riverina all the time. i find a good polished truck helps alot. then wash it every morning or night if u can. get to it before the heat, they are easy if they are not baked onto the car.

Finly Owner
12th November 2010, 11:40 PM
There is a product called BUGOFF with is what I ues & it works a treat..... Yuo can pick it up at any Super Cheap store.

yep swear by it.

Finly Owner
12th November 2010, 11:43 PM
I heard misting with lanolin helps to stop bugs sticking. Obviously you can only spray mist on panels not screen.