PDA

View Full Version : heaters

guy forks
12th November 2010, 01:48 AM
Hi Guys looking for help with the heaters on my 02 gr.when i turn on the heaters on some settings it starts to make a clicking noise.which is quite annoying and only stops when i put it on one particular setting.any help would be great full.

YNOT
12th November 2010, 05:49 AM
When you say the heater is making a noise are you referring to the fan? And what settings do you mean, fan speed, vent position?

Tony

AB
12th November 2010, 07:38 AM
May sound simple but a leaf or something caught in the vents too can do this?

As what Tony said, bit more info would help.

guy forks
12th November 2010, 07:49 AM
yes vent position.it sounds as if it is coming from the back of the unit.I cant get the fan to blow air to demist the windscreen it wont blow air tru the screen vents,and all the time it is making this load clicking sound.dont think its a leaf,it could be some thing bigger,but were do i look first.The noise does not get louder with the increase of the fan.So i would say it has nothing to do with the fan,could be wrong do

YNOT
12th November 2010, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a vent door problem. If your Patrol is a TI (top of the range model) then you may have electric motors operating the vent doors. If one of the doors is jammed (in your case the door controlling air flow to the screen) then the ticking sound you are hearing could be the motor/actuator overloading trying to move the door. I'm not a Nissan trained mechanic so I can't be certain.

Tony