PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay for 2000 GU?

CorbinsGUte
2nd November 2012, 11:41 PM
Hey guys, my old man just rang Mr asking what i think a bout a patrol for sale hes interested in.
Its a 2000 GU 4.2 diesel, with aftermarket turbo, dual battery bull bar, from what he sees its got heavy duty suspension with rear air bags . New cooper tyres on front older ones on the back
He cant remember how many k's are on it.
The guy is asking 13000 with RWC
I think its a good price .
What do you all think?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Clunk
2nd November 2012, 11:51 PM
I guess it's more expensive over this side but that seems to be pretty damn cheap to me............. I'd be getting it fully check out to make sure it's all good and that goes for revs check or similar too....... Make sure it hasn't been written off at some stage

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

threedogs
3rd November 2012, 02:09 AM
If it sounds too good to be true it usually is, sounds far to cheap for a 4.2 td
get someone to check it all over. if its all legit got yourself a good buy

nissannewby
3rd November 2012, 07:56 AM
That is cheap for 13k I would give it a very very thorough inspection as it sounds like they are trying to get rid of it.

Sir Roofy
3rd November 2012, 08:13 AM
Way to cheap for a 4.2 unless its got big k,s on it
mate of mine got one for 26k with 2oo+ on the clock

and the car yards are looking at top dollar between
26 and 30+ becarefull

CorbinsGUte
3rd November 2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks for replies. Dad was delivering furniture to an old fella and he was putting a song on it in his front yard, he also has a 200 series cruiser and his missus sad he cant have two 4x4s. I might do a rev check on it bit by all accounts it sounds legit . Said its straight as. Turbo was put on 3 years ago.

lhurley
3rd November 2012, 02:56 PM
Yea mate seems a bit to good to be true. For 13k you looking at a pertol gu same year. the 4.2's go for about 10-15k more. If it all checks out jump on it, i know i would of 2 months ago when i got mine, had i seen it.

growler2058
3rd November 2012, 03:13 PM
Sounds about right for non turbo I've seen them in SA for that mark but waaaaaaaaaaYyy cheap if its turbo I'd be looking at it real carefully

Sent via my tapping thumbs

NissanGQ4.2
3rd November 2012, 03:57 PM
Sounds about right for non turbo I've seen them in SA for that mark but waaaaaaaaaaYyy cheap if its turbo I'd be looking at it real carefully

Sent via my tapping thumbs

Its only an after market turbo so why would it cost a lot more if turbo'd compared 2 non turbo'd vehicle, after all it doesn't cost that much to turbo a non turbo'd vehicle.

Guess I just don't understand.

harro959
3rd November 2012, 04:08 PM
Mate be careful.

How mechanically minded are you??

I think the best option would be to try and get some input from the more knowledgable people (i.e. not me) on what to look for. If its been aftermarket trubod make sure its been done properly and has an anaerobic fuel compensator on the injector pump.

Also is it intercooled??

Might almost be worth putting it over someones dyno who really knows what they are doing.

DO NOT trust a racv check, i got one on a disco when i bought it..... kinda enough said.

Good luck

growler2058
3rd November 2012, 04:32 PM
Its only an after market turbo so why would it cost a lot more if turbo'd compared 2 non turbo'd vehicle, after all it doesn't cost that much to turbo a non turbo'd vehicle.

Guess I just don't understand.

I meant factory as in td42t against standard ol td42. A factory td42t is gunna fetch high 30k odd a td42 GU is not even if its sftermarket why effnose??

growler2058
3rd November 2012, 04:33 PM
And i didnt read the OP properly i didnt realise it had after market turbo
Asking price is about rightr for NA GU 4.2

CorbinsGUte
3rd November 2012, 06:07 PM
The car is 2 hours south in small town where dad lives. He said its not intercooled . I will try and get down there next week end if its still for sale and have a look, not that im that mechanically minded .there wouldn't be anyone down there with a dyno or anything so we will just have to go over it with fine tooth comb . Anything else we need to look out for?? Cheers

Clunk
3rd November 2012, 10:16 PM
I've seen NA GU td42s of that age go for around 16-20k, turbos from around 25k........ ones that go from 11k are either ratty, petrols or the 2.8s and grenades.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....