PDA

View Full Version : Chip & exhaust on 30Ltr DI

Eds where?
1st November 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi I have traded my camper trailer for a 20' caravan. Now I am finding that the '06 Patrol is struggling all the time apart from back wind! What are your thoughts on chipping with an exhaust and can it make over boosting a bigger problem? I did think about adding gas but my last car had a bad experience so trying to stay clear of that. Any advice would be helpful.
Ed

threedogs
1st November 2012, 09:05 PM
You'll need to NADS your ride Chip and zoorst big improvements Check the search engine top right corner,
heaps written on this topic

MEGOMONSTER
2nd November 2012, 05:47 AM
You will control your boost when NADS is done. EGT/Boost gauges a must.
I went 3"Taipan exhaust and DPChip

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

threedogs
2nd November 2012, 07:26 AM
As Mego has suggested,the first thing you need to do is fit EGT and boost guage to monitor any changes.
So You'll need dawes valve from 3 barracing in the states, a provent 200 catch can, and needle valve from
Dependable distributors in sth aust. Easy to set up read any threads by Chaz Yellowfoot {guru} about the
NADS set up, it has all the answers you're after.

Eds where?
5th November 2012, 12:45 AM
Thanks guys I have started putting a list together and will no doubt be asking for more advice on how & where to fit them. Don't suppose anyone know a good mechanic around Rockingham area WA?

macca86
5th November 2012, 07:55 AM
I put a safari d tronic chip after my nads with out an exhuast I got 124 hp and 315 ft pound torque at the wheels on 254/75/16. Its worth it after doing the nads

threedogs
5th November 2012, 08:03 AM
Easy enough to DIY, except exhaust etc, Sure we'll be abe to talk you through it. can be frustrating at times, but once you know what does what under the bonnet its easy.
This is the single best thing you can do to any Z30 great piece of mind.
There are a few members over there I'm sure would love to set your NADS up, Make sure you have everything ready ready, BBQ, esky, Nah just joking

Squalo
5th November 2012, 01:11 PM
Personally, for towing I'd start with a 2.5" exhaust with high flow cat, and a good aftermarket intercooler, preferably with a bigger bonnet scoop and a fan under the IC to pull air through it at low speeds and help reduce heat soak from the engine up into the IC. Then get a good tuner to set the boost up to make the most of this combo.

The 3" exhausts are great but they make a lot of top end power, and for towing you want mid range torque - the 2.5" should be better for this.

You probably wouldn't need a chip after doing the above (plus NADS of course), but adding a chip to the exhaust and IC mods would really get it singing.