PDA

View Full Version : GU UHF Install

BOWZER
1st November 2012, 08:28 PM
Hi All, i know this has probably been as a lot, i am new to this site, i have a 2000 patrol st zd30. i am looking to put my uhf in to it, where is the best place to run my coax cable and and place my uhf unit i have a icom 400 pro and because i have a pioneer double din head unit i cant mount it there so i am looking for other places to mount it. if you have any pics please post them up.

cheers chris

CorbinsGUte
1st November 2012, 08:32 PM
Hey mate when i put mine in my ute i ran the cable through the firewall on the left. Found some good holes to stick it through up under the glove box. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

threedogs
1st November 2012, 08:38 PM
Got the same set up main unit is under the dash on the drivers side.
Coax out under the LHS as well

BOWZER
2nd November 2012, 02:41 PM
thanks for the replies, threedogs what mic is that?

TPC
2nd November 2012, 02:47 PM
Threedogs, looks like yours is a Icom 440 not 400 Pro, the 400 Pro has controls on front of radio.

TPC
2nd November 2012, 03:13 PM
Where are you planning on putting the aerial, gutter or bullbar?

BOWZER
2nd November 2012, 06:43 PM
I have my aerial mounted on the bar lhs

big_fletch
2nd November 2012, 06:52 PM
If your Patrol Doesnt have ABS then you should find it easy to go through the Large Rubber Grommet on Passenger side of firewall and from there you can run it under the lip of the carpet to the center. What about mounting the UHF on the side of the center console near the gear leavers on the Passenger side? Next to the 4wd Leaver? Then can Get power and earth from back or Cigarette Lighter socket and hide all the wires under the center?

Fletcha

BOWZER
4th November 2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the replies, Fletcha I do have abs but I managed to get the coax through that grommet and I already mounted my uhf in the location you thought of

Cheers chris