PDA

View Full Version : beudesert 2.75

kevin07
30th October 2012, 10:06 AM
is anyone getting overboost with the 2.75 beudesert exhaust. please advise if you have a crd or di thanks. kev

Steve4wdin
30th October 2012, 08:07 PM
Hey Kev, Have you seen the Dieselsmart thread and price mate? You could nearly aford the module as well at that price.

threedogs
30th October 2012, 08:13 PM
Hope the guy who welded my exhaust yesterday reads this, as he swore black and blue you cant get a 2.75 system.
Mind you he also said the 3.0 has no boost problems, what pearls of wisdom. something in this for all of us hey lol

Maxhead
30th October 2012, 08:15 PM
Mate, I put a 2.75 beudesert on about 5 months ago and have not looked back. have no engine mods and dont have any issues with boost/overboost.
i reckon this is the best exhaust for the benefits and money

Tell us what other symthoms you are having

Steve4wdin
30th October 2012, 08:17 PM
Hope the guy who welded my exhaust yesterday reads this, as he swore black and blue you cant get a 2.75 system.
Mind you he also said the 3.0 has no boost problems, what pearls of wisdom. something in this for all of us hey lol

Did you laugh in his face

threedogs
30th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Not the boss but the helper. the other one he told me was the rubber hose under my 4x4 leaking is blow by and I need a compression check.
I think the rubber hose attaches to the spill plate under the oil filter. tell me I'm right please.
I was trying not to laugh but you know what its like when you run into someone that KNOWS IT ALL.
07 what motor you running???

kevin07
30th October 2012, 11:00 PM

got exactly the same rant from my local today thats why i wont buy from him i just dont want the headache from a three inch mine crd

nissannewby
30th October 2012, 11:05 PM
I think the rubber hose attaches to the spill plate under the oil filter. tell me I'm right please.

Your right. You have a catch can dont you and your breather from your catch can goes in to your intake? If this is the case then all good. You would know if your engine had blow by especially to make that much mess.

nissannewby
30th October 2012, 11:05 PM
Are you getting over boost kevin 07?

kevin07
31st October 2012, 08:58 AM
no i have not fitted the exhaust yet i just want to get it right the first time before i buy it but it looks the right system

YNOT
31st October 2012, 09:27 AM
3lt DI motors are very sensitive to airflow/exhaust changes and will often overboost when a high flow exhaust is fitted. Short term there is a boost limiting grub screw on the turbo that can be adjusted to control it but long term it will be better to fit full manual boost control by way of a dawes valve.

I fitted the same exhaust to my 3lt DI (since sold the car), don't know if it caused overboosting because I fitted a full NADS kit at the same time.

Tony

BearGUST
31st October 2012, 09:28 AM
2.75" is an odd size for an exhaust but to say you can't get one shows where that exhaust shop is at...
The exhaust company I used to work for used quite a lot of 2.75", it is often a very good compromise.