PDA

View Full Version : Anything fishing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

MEGOMONSTER
29th October 2012, 11:03 PM
Went out on the bay after work to test out my new Lowrance HDS7 sounder/GPS, got 8 flathead to 45cm, 1 gurnard ( I think) and a small gummy shark.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

lorrieandjas
29th October 2012, 11:08 PM
Nice work. Definitely a gummy. Guess its fish for dinner?

Jas

lorrieandjas
29th October 2012, 11:09 PM
Where'd you get out - on the Bay?

the ferret
29th October 2012, 11:42 PM
The Gurnard/ Scorpion fish is not bad eating, however you must watch those spines on the dorsal, the spine is covered with skin, and under the skin is a VERY nasty venom.
To be stung by this fish, you will wish you had never been born, worse than Cobler or Flathead, I had the misfortune of being stung and thought I would never make it back to the ramp.
Now, I just cut them off.
Cheers, the ferret.
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/fish_common_gurnard_perch.jpg

The only thing that will ease the pain and neutralise the venom is very hot water or tea or coffee poured onto the sting area..

BigRAWesty
30th October 2012, 01:30 AM
The only thing that will ease the pain and neutralise the venom is very hot water or tea or coffee poured onto the sting area..

Or spirits.. Drank thought, not on the sting.. Don't waste it. ;)

I dint mind throwing the line out.. But down here it's all you seem to do..
Best I've done is a 45cm snapper back home on yorke peninsula..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 05:00 AM
Where'd you get out - on the Bay?

The Bay is Mexican for Port Phillip bay and I drifted off Werribee from ten metre mark to literally back to the boat ramp.

threedogs
30th October 2012, 05:52 AM
You love your fishing Mego, I worked on a shark boat out of Pt Welshpool years ago, threw a rod over the side any chance I got.
My favourite from the bay would be red mullet [Goat fish] just taste like cray MMMMMmmm cray

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 06:10 AM
You love your fishing Mego, I worked on a shark boat out of Pt Welshpool years ago, threw a rod over the side any chance I got.
My favourite from the bay would be red mullet [Goat fish] just taste like cray MMMMMmmm cray

Don't mind dropping a line when I can, but I paying for it this morning. Very tired.
I normally fish for flathead, whiting, squid, garfish, snapper as a by catch cos I don't really target them

threedogs
30th October 2012, 06:16 AM
Bad days fishing better than a good day working, we used to go to Bemm river every june long weekend.
Now we like going and sitting by the Murray, normally get something.

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 09:10 PM
Last years capture at the cod classic
On a River2Sea perch 100mm dives to 3 metres. 2172121722my cod/yella/reddie lure box.
Favourite lure
Another favourite "the SUMO"
And you can't go past an OARGEE lure , simply the best lures.
All time favourite and has done me very proud many times over is this OARGEE.

stevogq
30th October 2012, 09:16 PM
nice catch megomonster, you going to this yrs codclassic?

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 09:21 PM
nice catch megomonster, you going to this yrs codclassic?

I certainly will be there as an entrant, I will fish all Saturday for cod only and hopefully get some and probably catch a heap of carp on Sunday for the carp boat.

stevogq
30th October 2012, 09:33 PM
is it coincidence or something else, every year i want to go and something HAS to come up :mad:

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 09:45 PM
JUST GO, Last year nearly 3000 entries. $125000 in boats and prizes
I think 6 tinnies.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd November 2012, 02:07 PM
Boats getting packed and I'm off to Yarrawonga

MEGOMONSTER
2nd November 2012, 11:04 PM
Got here well, very tired. All set up and drinking. 21920

threedogs
3rd November 2012, 02:22 AM
Should get some warm weather this weekend too, lucky, lucky Mego and Co.
Will require fish pics when they come to hand.
River up or down, Need water rising? IMO
Whats on the steel rod resting on the logs in pic ??

MEGOMONSTER
3rd November 2012, 11:01 PM
No fishing pics yet.boat starter motor is stuffed so no boat.no fish yet.hvnt been to Mulwala .probs tomorrow 21948
Krasky on the fire. We're all smashed beer wine.
bourbon

threedogs
4th November 2012, 06:12 AM
Sounds good like the hot Casabi too, nice coals happening too. jealous as Mego
Got my eye on one of theses, they just look handy

MEGOMONSTER
4th November 2012, 05:51 PM
Boat starter motor gone, really Shiite haven't even wet a line

threedogs
4th November 2012, 05:54 PM
Can you get fixed ,my son is auto lec.

MEGOMONSTER
6th November 2012, 09:40 AM
Finally got to throw a rod in the water, got two carp, missed a nice fish that snagged me up and a cod I just pulled in. 22153 photo taken and released.

stevogq
6th November 2012, 09:46 AM
what a cracker! perfect size, last time i released a pig of a yellowbelly the guys next to us went off saying why i didnt give it to them to keep lol what a#@$holes

Where did you catch it megomonster?

MEGOMONSTER
6th November 2012, 09:54 AM
On lake Mulwala on cocktail of chicken chippee and scrub worm.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/19.jpg

MEGOMONSTER
6th November 2012, 10:01 AM
Funny how I go to my cod spot and can't get a cod, I go to my carp spot and get a cod go figure. And yes I do enjoy catching carp as I always take some home for my mum.

stevogq
6th November 2012, 10:01 AM
nice never tried chicken chippies, ill be going to barma state forest on sat see how we go

stevogq
6th November 2012, 10:04 AM
my parents love carp, being a balkan background i grewup catching carp every weekend at waranga basin and now i catch them at bonnie doon (secret location ofcorse)

MEGOMONSTER
8th November 2012, 06:18 PM
Found this photo of my first GT caught in the Gold Coast seaway a few years back.
And a couple Tailor that night.

MEGOMONSTER
8th November 2012, 10:31 PM
Only on QLD.

the ferret
8th November 2012, 10:59 PM
Got a Sambo once, 66lb

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Fisherman.jpg

Cheers, the ferret.

Lonicus
9th November 2012, 06:32 AM
Nice one Ferret!

Caught most of a Kingy http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/lonicus/P4230159.jpg

MEGOMONSTER
10th November 2012, 08:27 AM
Couple of mack tuna of the Noosa coast near Sunshine reef.

My brother in laws first fish.

MEGOMONSTER
16th November 2012, 10:38 PM
Hank was re-released for us 3d. http://youtu.be/p2pP_I1-5e8

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

wildgu6
16th November 2012, 11:10 PM
One to make even the keenest angler cringe, OOOUUUCCCHHH

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

wildgu6
16th November 2012, 11:45 PM
This nice little bull terrier was caught by the young fella on a charter that I should of been on Grrrrrr.
Caught at the Sholls about 30k out from Glenelg. SA, took him 40 mins to get it in.
The bugga fed 4 families and was one of the best fish I've eaten

MEGOMONSTER
17th November 2012, 05:46 AM
One to make even the keenest angler cringe, OOOUUUCCCHHH

It's happened on my boat before. So he pushed the hook through the other side of his finger, squashed the barb and tried to bring it back through again, caused more bad than good so cut hook as low as possible and pushed back through his finger. Believe it or not he refused to see a doctor and just wanted to keep fishing.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

threedogs
17th November 2012, 05:55 AM
You only catcthing half fish now/ lol that hook looks painfull, nearly time for all the lies/stories to start
like the one armed fisherman who caught a fish this long. its a visual thing one arm this long, sheesh I got it

MEGOMONSTER
17th November 2012, 06:25 AM
You only catcthing half fish now/ lol that hook looks painfull, nearly time for all the lies/stories to start
like the one armed fisherman who caught a fish this long. its a visual thing one arm this long, sheesh I got it

We're a tuff audience to please. NOT LOL

threedogs
17th November 2012, 06:31 AM
You're a hard task master my friend, good news about 4x4 though

Lonicus
17th November 2012, 06:37 AM
Let's put that one down to the meds 3D, either you need more or less :)

threedogs
17th November 2012, 06:39 AM
Have taken enough for today ,just haven't kicked in yet

Alitis007
17th November 2012, 07:22 AM
224712247222473 Got these on sunday, monday and tuesday on the melb cup weekend and this 8 foot ray last sunday in port phillip bay2247422475 its a bad pic but thats only the wing, it took 3 rods and we used 2 to bring him up after 30 mins of my brother trying on his own haha

Lonicus
17th November 2012, 09:47 AM
Not a bad few days out!

Alitis007
17th November 2012, 10:26 AM
Not a bad few days out!

Cheers mate, hopefully i can post up more i want to get out there as much as possible.

MEGOMONSTER
18th November 2012, 10:05 PM
Well done Alitis, great catch, would have been fun. Snapper are a great fighting fish especially in shallow water.

Alitis007
18th November 2012, 11:17 PM
Cheers Mego, i generally fish in around 40ft (15m or there abouts) of water thers not much that can compare with the shimano 5500 baitrunner screaming with an over stimulated snapper on the end of it apart from when you get them within a meter or two away from the boat and they start to kick again, that gets the heart rate up again hahaha. Heres a pic i dug up from a few years ago when i was in Eden NSW of a couple of 3.5kg salmon i got off the surf at Green cape also known as Disaster bay in the Ben Boyd national park http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/88.jpg This is the beach i got those salmon from http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/89.jpg22585

BigRAWesty
19th November 2012, 01:45 AM
So what's everyone's thoughts on kayaks?? We have a nice river and estuary down here so I've always thought about getting one.. For $600-$800 you can get a nice rig

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MEGOMONSTER
19th November 2012, 04:40 AM
So what's everyone's thoughts on kayaks?? We have a nice river and estuary down here so I've always thought about getting one.. For $600-$800 you can get a nice rig

For stealth it's the only way to go. A mate of mine uses his in Port Phillip Bay with rod holders, live bait tank, kill tank, GPS sounder, Minn Kota, the bloody works and he swears by it. Won't go fishing any other way now. We call him on our tinnies but also say he'll meet us there.

MEGOMONSTER
19th November 2012, 06:17 PM
Nice yella on a jackal in Yass.
http://youtu.be/O6LXxGg12fQ

Maxhead
19th November 2012, 06:24 PM
Nice yella on a jackal in Yass.
http://youtu.be/O6LXxGg12fQ

Yeah, thats Burrinjuck Dam up the road a bit from us. Holds some big yella , cod and trout. Havent been up there for a few years now.top spot

MEGOMONSTER
19th November 2012, 06:25 PM
Good way to catch yellow belly , I do this at the Murray where the water don't flow so fast.
http://youtu.be/YVrdHP-7wXE

stevogq
19th November 2012, 06:36 PM
id like to see a spinner for cod in action

threedogs
19th November 2012, 08:52 PM
Years ago at Yarrawonga caravan park ,maybe 30 yrs ago mate and I were fishing at the weir wall. he got a massive bite that took off.
set the hook then line went funny but still felt like it was there, typical yellow belly strike, WOW some dudes wallet with $200
in it no fish, cross my heart. Pissed as crickets that night, beer was like what $12 a slab. Ah they were the days the dollar was strong like the economy,
times were easier

Try some poppers at night if you want some cod action

stevogq
19th November 2012, 08:57 PM
should of sent him a negitive or a reel of photos with the cut open yalla with the wallet inside it lol

threedogs
19th November 2012, 09:01 PM
Nah just the wallet, sorry caught heaps of Cod with golf balls in them. silly buggers think they are Cocky eggs

stevogq
19th November 2012, 09:03 PM
well thats an idea for a lure hehe

the ferret
19th November 2012, 09:06 PM
Years ago at Yarrawonga caravan park ,maybe 30 yrs ago mate and I were fishing at the weir wall. he got a massive bite that took off.
set the hook then line went funny but still felt like it was there, typical yellow belly strike. mate landed it, WOW some dudes wallet with $200
in it, cross my heart. Pissed as crickets that night, beer was like what $12 a slab. Ah they were the days the dollar was strong like the economy,
times were easier

Try some poppers at night if you want some cod action

Oh really John?? I was fish'n down the wharf the other night and hooked onto an old hurricane lamp, would ya believe it was still alight!!
Cheers, the ferret.

MEGOMONSTER
19th November 2012, 09:09 PM
Nah just the wallet, sorry caught heaps of Cod with golf balls in them. silly buggers think they are Cocky eggs

I've had three cod now with golfballs in them. One had three golfballs and a 30cm carp.

stevogq
19th November 2012, 09:11 PM
hahaha a few years back i was fishing under the bolte bridge and speaking to a bloke who looked familier so i asked him and it was the guy from the other week who caught on to a dead body, he was on the news

MEGOMONSTER
19th November 2012, 09:15 PM
hahaha a few years back i was fishing under the bolte bridge and speaking to a bloke who looked familier so i asked him and it was the guy from the other week who caught on to a dead body, he was on the news

Bloody hell, would have been just dead weight.

stevogq
19th November 2012, 09:17 PM
yeah he must of been dying for a fish

Alitis007
19th November 2012, 09:24 PM
When i was a kid i remember catching a few turtles while we were fish for bream out Robe SA way, and catching 3 or 4 sand crabs at a time every cast off Lake Bunga surf beach near Lakes entrance VIC. Where did all those fish go??

stevogq
19th November 2012, 09:28 PM
yeah alitis same here i remember the size of carp and yellowbelly we used to pull out of waranga basin

threedogs
19th November 2012, 09:32 PM
Lake Bunga brings back memories. good times, good times indeed

Alitis007
19th November 2012, 09:44 PM
I've only fished fresh water a couple of times but mainly ever fished coastal my whole life from mallacoota to robe and only in the last couple of years we have had to buy a 4wd to get to the spots that are not easily accessed or over fished.

the ferret
19th November 2012, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a load of "old Cods wallet " to me lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

MEGOMONSTER
20th November 2012, 05:41 AM
Golf anyone!!!!!!
http://youtu.be/EDuzuXjfn7w

stevogq
20th November 2012, 06:01 AM
Haha love opening the stomach open its like christmas

MEGOMONSTER
22nd November 2012, 09:43 PM
I really need a fishing fix.

Lonicus
23rd November 2012, 05:23 AM
I hear ya Mego. I haven't wet a line since April and don't look to be getting near the water again until late next year.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd November 2012, 05:42 AM
I hear ya Mego. I haven't wet a line since April and don't look to be getting near the water again until late next year.

Surely there must some water near Bathurst, you are retired so you must have some spare time.. Then again you must saving yourself for fishing frenzy in the noosa river.

Lonicus
23rd November 2012, 06:25 AM
Never really done much fresh water stuff, my passion, and gear, is all for the salt.

Retired, but with the move happening all my time is spent getting the house sorted, packed, painted etc.

A frenzy it shall be, especially with my cousin continually taunting me with pics of all the fish he's catching!

When I do happen to catch a whole fish, like this one, http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/lonicus/kingy.jpg

we turn it into this :)
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/lonicus/dinner.jpg

MEGOMONSTER
23rd November 2012, 07:26 AM
Love the salty water but you live so far from it. Noosa here I come.

threedogs
23rd November 2012, 09:27 AM
Didn't worry my BFF and his cod,redfin,trout,yellowbelly, barra,queenie and spanish mac rod works a treat.
But the time for talk is nearly over, soon it'll be time to put up or shut up.
first to fall off esky wins. new rule

DX grunt
23rd November 2012, 10:04 AM
Gunna wet a line at the end of next week, when I start hols. Pics and postcard to follow. lol

Alitis007
23rd November 2012, 11:52 AM
Didn't worry my BFF and his cod,redfin,trout,yellowbelly, barra,queenie and spanish mac rod works a treat.
But the time for talk is nearly over, soon it'll be time to put up or shut up.
first to fall off esky wins. new rule
Is this part of the unwritten rule book for fishing and camping with Threedogs ???

threedogs
23rd November 2012, 03:11 PM
Oh Yeah, Few abscure rules, most rules made up if they just seem wrong, I'm packed, just need some Fresh veggies leaving next Thursday morning. You coming???

mate bagged out this morning on schnapper between Altona and Carrum in 1 hour

Alitis007
23rd November 2012, 03:22 PM
Sorry to say but i wont be, but i rekon i'll be on the bay sunday morning to see if i can catch a cold tho aaahh wait nah got that already haha.

MEGOMONSTER
24th November 2012, 07:06 AM
Sorry to say but i wont be, but i rekon i'll be on the bay sunday morning to see if i can catch a cold tho aaahh wait nah got that already haha.

You should have a good day for it today, should be plenty of traffic out there. Good luck. Pics please.

Alitis007
24th November 2012, 09:09 AM
You should have a good day for it today, should be plenty of traffic out there. Good luck. Pics please.

If i can shake this flue or at least feel better by the arvo i should have some happy snaps for you to feast your eyes on lol

threedogs
24th November 2012, 09:13 AM
Looks like its gunna be a warm weekend, finally.

Sir Roofy
24th November 2012, 09:19 AM
looks like its gunna be a warm weekend, finally.

looking good so you might get out and get some vitamin c

Sir Roofy
24th November 2012, 09:20 AM
looking good so you might get out and get some vitamin c

before next w/end

stevogq
24th November 2012, 09:54 AM
My fishing rods will finally get a tan

Alitis007
24th November 2012, 11:59 AM
My fishing rods will finally get a tan

Make sure u use plenty of lotion mate spf30+

threedogs
24th November 2012, 12:04 PM
, gets very hot on the murray plus my broad brim hat is always in 4x4 ready,
And some concoction for the bloody flies, nothing works, only a net.

Alitis007
24th November 2012, 12:48 PM
, gets very hot on the murray plus my broad brim hat is always in 4x4 ready,
And some concoction for the bloody flies, nothing works, only a net.

Your right in land is usually about 10 degrees hotter then the coast. A couple of mates of mine mix up what looks like some master chef recipe for the flies for when the go shooting, they rekon that normal repellants makes those big blowies hungrier haha. I've been told about this stuff i think its called bushmans or something like that works pretty well.

stevogq
24th November 2012, 12:53 PM
yeah bushmans repels fish also, when you touch the bait you tend to transfure the smell on the bait

Alitis007
24th November 2012, 01:06 PM
yeah bushmans repels fish also, when you touch the bait you tend to transfure the smell on the bait

Dunno never used it i usually forget to put repellant on unless i forget it in my tackle bag lol

stevogq
24th November 2012, 01:18 PM
i refuse to take it with me lol

threedogs
24th November 2012, 01:31 PM
Bushmans is good, one that does work and one I will not do is drop a no.2 next to where you're fishing , down wind, will work every time.
also depends on company of course, Lived in the NT way too long I think

Alitis007
24th November 2012, 02:43 PM
Bushmans is good, one that does work and one I will not do is drop a no.2 next to where you're fishing , down wind, will work every time.
also depends on company of course, Lived in the NT way too long I think

Thats a bit hard to do when your on a boat haha

MEGOMONSTER
24th November 2012, 02:49 PM
Use the burley cage

Alitis007
24th November 2012, 07:22 PM
Any one fishing in port phillip tomorrow??

threedogs
24th November 2012, 08:40 PM
Like I posted earlier guy up the corner bagged out on schnapper in one hr, 25k from Altona heading to Carrum, used pillies,

MEGOMONSTER
27th November 2012, 01:19 PM
Going out today in the bay, got rained off at work. Looking for snapper off stkilda. See what happens.

threedogs
27th November 2012, 03:08 PM
Mego if you got a chance to get out we'll need an update

MEGOMONSTER
27th November 2012, 08:52 PM
Got about 40 pinkie piranhas and these. 22943
1 nice snapper
2 school snapper
9 pinkies
4 flathead.
And heaps of little pains in the arse.

Lonicus
27th November 2012, 08:58 PM
Great catch Mego!

Sounds like it was a good afternoon out.

MEGOMONSTER
27th November 2012, 09:36 PM
Here's the biggest one I got 22945

Alitis007
27th November 2012, 09:42 PM
Great catch Mego now your making me jealous lol cant wait for the week end haha

Lonicus
27th November 2012, 09:42 PM
Good feed off him mate!

stevogq
27th November 2012, 09:49 PM
Straight on the bbq! Great catch

gaddy
27th November 2012, 10:27 PM
just a few fish a mate is a comerical fisho , and i am one of the lucky ones to get to fish with him , after a slow start on sunday with only about 10kg in the morning , we ended with about 60 kg in 2 hours all rod and reel

MEGOMONSTER
27th November 2012, 10:33 PM
I tell you what it was a lot of hard work today, 45 mins to sound our first fish. Moved around about 10 times not many good sized fish for 7 hours work.

gaddy
27th November 2012, 10:43 PM
thats why its called fishin not catchin , and it sure beats workin , you just have to be there when they chew we new they where there , but had to wait for the moon to pop in the afternoon ,

MEGOMONSTER
27th November 2012, 10:47 PM
I must admit I don't normally fish for snapper, so I did alright. A mate told me the spot but very vague description.

gaddy
27th November 2012, 10:58 PM
At the end of the day all you need is a feed , and any time on the water is good , the comerical trips are fun but after a 14hr day fishing in 90 to 100m of water and a 2hr run home , you have a couple of beers and fall asleep,

MEGOMONSTER
29th November 2012, 04:56 AM
I spent a couple hours yesterday filleting all the pinkies and snappers. Boneless, skinless fillets. Hopefully YUM, as I haven't had snapper for a far while and forgotten what they taste like.

MEGOMONSTER
29th November 2012, 02:14 PM
http://youtu.be/dkZhO9HXC3wWhy you never fall asleep when fishing with your mates

Alitis007
29th November 2012, 08:33 PM
http://youtu.be/dkZhO9HXC3wWhy you never fall asleep when fishing with your mates

Top mates! They would cop a few FAPPA SHARKS (if your wondering what a fappa is its the sound a open handed slap makes when you cop it on the back of you head, had many as a young bloke lmao)

gaddy
29th November 2012, 08:46 PM
they are good on the tooth , only to be beaten by pearl pearch ,

gaddy

Alitis007
29th November 2012, 09:07 PM
they are good on the tooth , only to be beaten by pearl pearch ,

gaddy

Lol nice one haha

MEGOMONSTER
29th November 2012, 10:13 PM
I spent a couple hours yesterday filleting all the pinkies and snappers. Boneless, skinless fillets. Hopefully YUM, as I haven't had snapper for a far while and forgotten what they taste like.

I now remember why I don't really fish for snapper, really not the best eating fish, flathead and whiting are a thousand times better to eat.

lorrieandjas
29th November 2012, 11:59 PM
I now remember why I don't really fish for snapper, really not the best eating fish, flathead and whiting are a thousand times better to eat.

I'm there with you mate! Bream are my go though.

Jas

MEGOMONSTER
30th November 2012, 06:36 AM
I'm there with you mate! Bream are my go though.

Jas

Yellow fin bream are much better tasting than our black bream. Will have to go get one as its been a long time since I've eaten a black bream.

stevogq
30th November 2012, 05:27 PM
haven't caught a bream since I got my boat also done some research on the mercury levels down docklands where I used to catchem.

let's just say I won't be eating beam from there.

Alitis007
30th November 2012, 09:12 PM
Try the Tambo river, i always get a decent feed of bream and if you have a tinny its wide enough to trawl.

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 06:20 PM
23353 Me and a mate of mine on the Murray going out for a spin.

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 06:21 PM
Tough life mate.

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 06:23 PM
23354 Gummy shark caught on a 2kg whiting rod, with 6lb braid and 8lb leader, took me 45mins to reel him in. It was still daylight when I hooked him but dark when I finally got him in the boat.

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 06:26 PM
Nicely done Mego!

Alitis007
14th December 2012, 07:35 PM
Nice mate, do you bleed them ??

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 07:43 PM
Nice mate, do you bleed them ??

It's a must on a gummy shark, to be bleed straight away. I have also found that eating fresh gummy shark is as good as freezing it when I fillet it and then eat it. I don't know taste different to me.

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 10:26 PM
Couple of beauties when we went up to Port Douglas
And my favourite Coral Trout.

lorrieandjas
14th December 2012, 10:30 PM
Nice mate. Coral trout is one of my favourites.

Jas

Lonicus
14th December 2012, 10:32 PM
One of the fish on my must catch list. Nice haul Mego.

Alitis007
14th December 2012, 10:40 PM
It's a must on a gummy shark, to be bleed straight away. I have also found that eating fresh gummy shark is as good as freezing it when I fillet it and then eat it. I don't know taste different to me.

Its a must on all sharks and salmon over 1.5kg's IMO but some people like the taste of mercury lol do you know how to "butterfly" the gummy ??? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qod7hnwz2zY i tried this last time i got 1 but i bled it out, got heaps of meat with little to no wastage then left it in the fridge over night to strain out in one of those this you strain spaghetti with into a bowl to catch the water, beer battered it and deep fried it OMG i almost ate my fingers haha

Alitis007
14th December 2012, 10:41 PM
Couple of beauties when we went up to Port Douglas
And my favourite Coral Trout.

Whats the first 1??

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2012, 10:44 PM
I think red bass or red emporer

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 05:42 AM
I really shouldn't have worn a red top to take pictures of red fish, they were so brightly coloured but you can't really tell in the pics.

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 05:47 AM
Here's a spanking flathead I caught near Avalon at Kirks Point, laying on a slab box, that's a corker for us Mexicans , just can't remember what it measured.

threedogs
15th December 2012, 06:18 AM
Thats huge for bay rat now, what are we looking at there 450-500mm, regardless 2 nice fillets in any ones book,
much action other than that, buddy???

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 08:38 AM
Thats huge for bay rat now, what are we looking at there 450-500mm, regardless 2 nice fillets in any ones book,
much action other than that, buddy???

It was way bigger than that look at the slab box, its over hanging heaps. I got it when I first got my boat about 7 years ago.

stevogq
15th December 2012, 08:50 AM
My favorite eating fish is flathead also love catching them

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 08:59 AM
X2 best feed for me too.

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 09:00 AM
Here's a pic of pig of a carp at Lake Daylesford.

Drew
15th December 2012, 10:27 AM
Noice! We're heading up that way mid Jan. what did you use? We're always up for catching some crap err carp :)

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 10:38 AM
Mums garden worms, their like small scrubbies, we got 6 Redfin that day and 1 small rainbow trout.

threedogs
15th December 2012, 12:24 PM
gotta say you love your fishing big guy, X 3 on flatties top feed,
Redfin under rated as well, would like to get out more but.....
next year I sure I will.

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 05:08 PM
Australia's favourite past-time

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 05:11 PM
Nice whiting caught in Noosa, about half way into the Noosa woods, where the toilet block car park is. (Just in case some one wants to know.)23368

93patrol
15th December 2012, 05:50 PM
Down at Donnelly river mouth past Augusta wa south coast. 3.5kg salmon caught early dec. also got some nice bream and tailor to go with it

MEGOMONSTER
15th December 2012, 06:27 PM
Down at Donnelly river mouth past Augusta wa south coast. 3.5kg salmon caught early dec. also got some nice bream and tailor to go with it

Nice one, I haven't been for a beach fish for ages.

93patrol
15th December 2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah head to yeagarup in jan with the brother in law going to chase some more salmon and a few mulloway. Hope to get some dhueys before Xmas as well

MEGOMONSTER
17th December 2012, 05:29 AM
I really need a fishing fix.

93patrol
17th December 2012, 06:40 AM
i think the hardest part monster is finding what little time there is to get out i have to book myself 3 months in advance to get out and wet a line. Mainly because all the lads i go with are shiftys or fifos

MEGOMONSTER
21st December 2012, 02:43 AM
Going out to Queenscliff this morning to have a crack for some Calamari squid for the Xmas table. Waiting out the front of my mates joint since 3am but I think his still asleep as there's no lights on. I've been revving the engine, slamming my car door still nothing. I can't use the horn as I'll wake up the neighbourhood with my twin Stebel air horns.

stevogq
21st December 2012, 05:10 AM
Good spot queenscliff I caught a luderic in "the cut" a couple of years ago

threedogs
21st December 2012, 05:36 AM
You'll clean up on Calamari down there, used to dive all the time a Pt Arlington,

Lonicus
21st December 2012, 05:56 AM
Hope your mate woke up eventually!

I had a mate that used to do the same thing, drives you mad.

threedogs
21st December 2012, 07:23 AM
Must be out on the water, funny down that way no reception once you leave shore. Yet you can see Melb CBD right across the water.

MEGOMONSTER
21st December 2012, 02:40 PM
Hope your mate woke up eventually!

I had a mate that used to do the same thing, drives you mad.

Yeah, I hate it too, he came out 3:35am.
We got twelve squid, 4 nice big ones, the rest were small. Had to work hard for them. We got them all while the wind was WSW-SW drifting parallel to the shore. As soon as it changed to SE the drift pattern changed and nothing else.

Lonicus
21st December 2012, 02:48 PM
Nice one mate. Nothing like a feed of fresh squidlies!

93patrol
21st December 2012, 04:06 PM
At least you got a feed though

threedogs
21st December 2012, 04:09 PM
X 3 gotta be happy with that Mego

MEGOMONSTER
21st December 2012, 11:41 PM
X 3 gotta be happy with that Mego

I'm happy but thought it would be much better fishing, since last week was a bonanza on squid. Any how I am still happy about the results, could have been fishless but then again I would have just stayed out longer.

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 03:57 AM
Got the boat hooked up again, going out at Avalon, probably head to the grammar school for whiting, pinkies and flathead. Lets see if this mate can be here on time

Lonicus
22nd December 2012, 05:11 AM
Tough life mate. Have a good one!

Alitis007
22nd December 2012, 09:12 AM
Got the boat hooked up again, going out at Avalon, probably head to the grammar school for whiting, pinkies and flathead. Lets see if this mate can be here on time

I'm green with envy lol maybe a few beers at the xmas break up might help haha

stevogq
22nd December 2012, 10:19 AM
Good luck mego excellent fishing at the grammer

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 03:27 PM
Hard days fishing again, grammar school was dead, dead, dead. Moved around alot, went across to Alcoa not much there either. Then back down past point Lillius, just behind the marine farm was the most productive. Six whiting, eight flatties, a small gummy shark, 4 banjos in about half an hour. 23535

Lonicus
22nd December 2012, 03:34 PM
Great result mate, even if it did take a bit of work.

stevogq
22nd December 2012, 03:58 PM
In warrnambool atm for a few days, see how the fishing pans out?? Anybody fished here before??

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 04:10 PM
Was there last year with the boat, was very windy, got 2 whiting very small behind the wall was reasonably sheltered. Then went around the front got some pinkies but was way too rough for my tinny.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/46.jpg

stevogq
22nd December 2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah gets pretty rough

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 08:31 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm.
Just had my squid from Friday and my flathead from today. Just superb.

Alitis007
22nd December 2012, 08:32 PM
In warrnambool atm for a few days, see how the fishing pans out?? Anybody fished here before??

Go to port fairy off the bream wall used to get tons of fish ther unless ther a seal around . Try the pier alot of people fish of that, so if u see ink on it go out at night near the ink for squid!

Alitis007
22nd December 2012, 08:33 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmm.
Just had my squid from Friday and my flathead from today. Just superb.

Where do you launch from?? Thers a few fishthat have come around to the altona side of the bay now.

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 08:49 PM
Where do you launch from?? Thers a few fishthat have come around to the altona side of the bay now.

Today I launched from Avalon back beach boat ramp. Small ramp, no fees and very shallow, so not a lot if people use it. Only about 10 trailers parked there today. Yesterday I launched at Queenscliff for the squid.

threedogs
22nd December 2012, 08:52 PM
Mego will have to tee a time with my mate and go out in the bay early next year, He has good bay boat

stevogq
22nd December 2012, 09:15 PM
Go to port fairy off the bream wall used to get tons of fish ther unless ther a seal around . Try the pier alot of people fish of that, so if u see ink on it go out at night near the ink for squid!

I'll give it a crack, a local has told me to try a "locals spot" in the hopskins river

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 11:03 PM
If you like fresh water fishing, especially for Redfin, Lake Aringa or Oringa, can't remember is about twenty minutes out of port fairy. Great little fishing hole.

stevogq
23rd December 2012, 07:42 AM
Just fished for an hour, very windy this morning and not one soul on the pier me and my dad caught a Sargent baker??? Not to sure if it was but looked very familiar overall 2of going to try off the beach after we try pump out some sandworms for whiting

Alitis007
23rd December 2012, 11:04 AM
Today I launched from Avalon back beach boat ramp. Small ramp, no fees and very shallow, so not a lot if people use it. Only about 10 trailers parked there today. Yesterday I launched at Queenscliff for the squid.

Might have to go avalon a try, i always launch at altona but i get ther real early other wise i need to battle all the cowboys and imbeciles!!!

Alitis007
23rd December 2012, 11:06 AM
Just fished for an hour, very windy this morning and not one soul on the pier me and my dad caught a Sargent baker??? Not to sure if it was but looked very familiar overall 2of going to try off the beach after we try pump out some sandworms for whiting

Try muscles for whiting and small hooks, cant remember the size but whiting have smalls mouths unless ther donkeys!!!

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 11:09 AM
Might have to go avalon a try, i always launch at altona but i get ther real early other wise i need to battle all the cowboys and imbeciles!!!

I think you get off at Lara exit, turn left at exit. Follow road straight down till you get to a bend and turn right in to road straight ahead. Straight down to end, also turns into dirt road halfway down.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 11:18 AM
Just fished for an hour, very windy this morning and not one soul on the pier me and my dad caught a Sargent baker???

I'm pretty sure you got would have got a Sargent baker, cos I got two off the wall when I was there.
You get some great salmon off the wall aswell. But when the salmon are on, you got no chance of a good spot. There would be about 150 fishos on the wall. All arguing and splattering about as the tourist tangle line with the locals. Great to watch. I remember watching one guy catch 12 salmon in only a few minutes. Double hook up everytime. 6 casts 12 fish.

Alitis007
23rd December 2012, 12:04 PM
There would be about 150 fishos on the wall. All arguing and splattering about as the tourist tangle line with the locals. Great to watch. I remember watching one guy catch 12 salmon in only a few minutes. Double hook up everytime. 6 casts 12 fish.

Thats reminds me of when i was a kid fishing on stations pier learning how to cast a over head rod and i tangled up this old guy that went off his tree haha n my dad arched up n told the old bloke if he didnt shut his mouth he was gona throw him in the drink lol

12 fish 6 casts isn't a bad effort at all mate

stevogq
23rd December 2012, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty sure you got would have got a Sargent baker, cos I got two off the wall when I was there.
You get some great salmon off the wall aswell. But when the salmon are on, you got no chance of a good spot. There would be about 150 fishos on the wall. All arguing and splattering about as the tourist tangle line with the locals. Great to watch. I remember watching one guy catch 12 salmon in only a few minutes. Double hook up everytime. 6 casts 12 fish.

That's when you just watch the fist fights with the esky next to you lol

stevogq
23rd December 2012, 12:26 PM
Try muscles for whiting and small hooks, cant remember the size but whiting have smalls mouths unless ther donkeys!!!

Sand worms are excellent with whiting, we go every year at flinders

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 03:15 PM
Sand worms are excellent with whiting, we go every year at flinders

Bass yabbies are a killer bait also. Only one shop I know of sell them here near Newport power station. Not sure if his still there, haven't been for ages. Been using frozen cuttle fish with great success.

stevogq
23rd December 2012, 05:26 PM
Lol that's where I get my nippers from

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 08:25 PM
Lol that's where I get my nippers from

Obviously his still there then.

stevogq
24th December 2012, 08:54 AM
Last night I went for a walk on the breakwater and the amount of squid were there was unbelievable, ran to my car to get the rod fished for 10 mins but unfortunately not one :(

MEGOMONSTER
26th December 2012, 11:36 PM
One of my mate Miki, that my brother invited to the Cod classic with us, decided he like fishing for Cod. This is first solo effort on the troll at Lake Mulwala. Although he now knows my hunting grounds. 23686

Alitis007
30th December 2012, 05:53 PM
Went out this morning in port phillip for a couple of hours this morning with a mate of mine23888

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 05:56 PM
Just a perfect sized meal

93patrol
30th December 2012, 05:58 PM
this has got me itching for my block leave in3 weeks so i can get down to yeagerup and chase some mulloway and salmon

Lonicus
30th December 2012, 06:18 PM
Nice haul!

threedogs
30th December 2012, 09:12 PM
mego if thats his first effort, I'd leave him home next time, guys fish for years and never acheive anything close to that LOL

Alitis007
30th December 2012, 09:59 PM
Just a perfect sized meal

20 were filleted, skinned and boned the other 13 are waiting to meet their fate haha

MEGOMONSTER
31st December 2012, 01:49 AM
Fished behind Seaworld near the seaway for a few hours earlier tonight, got 4 medium flatties, 2 bream and a sting ray.

Lonicus
31st December 2012, 05:53 AM
Not a bad result for a bit of prospecting.

gaddy
2nd January 2013, 02:15 PM
picked these 2 up the other day at the top of moreton , also got some nice pearlies ,

gaddy

Lonicus
2nd January 2013, 02:34 PM
Very nice mate!

MEGOMONSTER
2nd January 2013, 02:46 PM
picked these 2 up the other day at the top of moreton , also got some nice pearlies ,

gaddy

Great pick up, pearlies nice on the chew.

gaddy
2nd January 2013, 02:51 PM
they are but not this time I left the pearlies moses pearch and cod for a mate as it was his boat , they went out and one of his kids left the esky open in the sun all arvo , needless to say he almost became shark bait himself !!!

gaddy
2nd January 2013, 03:07 PM
of all the fishing i do this is the best kind gettin the kids fishing

MEGOMONSTER
2nd January 2013, 10:20 PM
Went out on the boat in the Noosa river and got 4 dusky flathead all about 35-38cm. Except in Qld dusky have to be 40cm so they all went back in the drink. Spewin bad. 23943

93patrol
2nd January 2013, 10:27 PM
gutted mate would have been a nice feed

Lonicus
2nd January 2013, 10:31 PM
Pity about missing out on a feed but still fun to catch & a good day out n the water.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd January 2013, 10:46 PM
Quite honestly shit days fishing today with only four fish boated. I would have expected more.
Funny thing is the other three species of flatties up here are 30cm legal limit.

Lonicus
3rd January 2013, 06:14 AM
Might have been a crap days fishing but it was still better than my day of scraping off wallpaper and washing walls :)

MEGOMONSTER
3rd January 2013, 10:25 AM
Might have been a crap days fishing but it was still better than my day of scraping off wallpaper and washing walls :)

Wow, fun fun fun. LOL

gaddy
3rd January 2013, 12:59 PM
not all bad i got the ones I wanted before it happened , and headin to frazer on saturday for a couple of weeks , early start with a 7am low tide leave home by 3am for a good run up the beach , should be some good whiting around when the swell drops , and need to get some more worms to keep the freezer stocked at home ,

Gaddy

Timmo
3rd January 2013, 08:12 PM
Got this just down the road from home.....................

Lonicus
3rd January 2013, 08:14 PM
Nice work Timmo!

PMC
3rd January 2013, 09:42 PM
Nice haul!

OK LONICUS!

Where are the secret fishing spots mate! Fess-up to your fellow Patrolian's!

Regards,

RLI

93patrol
3rd January 2013, 09:44 PM
very nice Timmo

Lonicus
3rd January 2013, 10:06 PM
Wish I had some to share mate.

Most of the fishing I've done in the past few years has been in NZ. Couple of mates & I head over for a week at a time chasing kingfish & snapper. We have been fishing with the same charter boat & skipper for 10 years, Earl Grey, & have never had a bad year.

I used to fish a fair bit out of Jervis Bay, everything from game fishing to chasing flatties for a feed, but eventually got jack of the 5 or so hour drive only to be hit with southerlies for 3 days.

Hopefully once I get up north I'll have a few spots to share, once I find them :)

Timmo
3rd January 2013, 11:08 PM
where abouts up north ya heading?

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2013, 01:12 AM
A little Noosa river. http://youtu.be/sze_Zp1tNzM

Lonicus
4th January 2013, 06:49 AM
Moving to Noosa later this year Timmo.

I'll have to hit Mego up for the good spots :)

ozzyboy
4th January 2013, 08:37 AM
went out from haven, central coast, nsw. A heap of fish in a 6 hour session. My fave was this lizard.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/ozzyboy2000/flatty_zps3c32d3a3.jpg

cheers

ozz

Lonicus
4th January 2013, 09:15 AM
Very nice mate, I can almost taste it!

Timmo
4th January 2013, 09:19 AM
nice lizzie buddy..................

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2013, 12:21 PM
Nice one OZZY, can never beat a feedaflatties

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2013, 06:12 PM
Got into some small Trevally today with my Missus on the boat in the Noosa Woods. Nothing to write home about but we had heaps if fun. 24133241342413524136

Lonicus
4th January 2013, 06:41 PM
Great fun on light gear mate!

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2013, 11:06 PM
Finally got an honest answer out of a tackle shop in Noosaville, saying that the fishing is and has been shit this time of year. Whether its the holiday traffic on the water. But he said the fishings been terrible. We normally come up to Noosa in October, march and July.
Winter fishing here off shore is great during winter. And shitful during summer.

The water on the Noosa river at the moment is 27.9 degrees. That has got to be a reason why the fishing is shit.
I'll keep persevering but I'm not too confident especially since we never come during new year period.

93patrol
4th January 2013, 11:19 PM
Been finding the warm water is causing dramas with catching dhueys down here as well not getting good size ones at the moment the couple I have caught have just been size or under

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Lonicus
5th January 2013, 08:45 AM
Don't know if you've seen this site Mego, but there might be some helpful info on there. Fishing Noosa (http://hookedon.com.au/index.php) page run by a local tackle store Hooked On Angling. Hopefully they might have some tips on where's good at this time of year.

MEGOMONSTER
5th January 2013, 05:26 PM
Taking my wife through the canals house spotting whilst trolling some lure behind the boat. 24169

Lonicus
5th January 2013, 05:43 PM
Looking way too relaxed mate. Stop looking & start catching!

MEGOMONSTER
5th January 2013, 06:01 PM
Missus just dropped a Jack at the boat. She's still cursing at her self. LMAO

Lonicus
5th January 2013, 06:03 PM
That's gotta hurt.

MEGOMONSTER
5th January 2013, 10:37 PM
That was all we got. Was raining on/off/on/off so we came in.

Lonicus
5th January 2013, 10:48 PM
Always tomorrow mate.

MEGOMONSTER
6th January 2013, 12:53 PM
Got a charter booked for tomorrow to go offshore but I think the weather might hinder us.
Hopefully well get a bit of this,http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/01/7.jpgand a bit if that. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/01/8.jpgMaybe some of thesehttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/01/9.jpg

Lonicus
6th January 2013, 01:07 PM
Best of luck mate!

MudRunnerTD
6th January 2013, 01:12 PM
Took my young fella fishing last night off a little pier in Barwon Heads. He got his first fish

He's my boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEGOMONSTER
6th January 2013, 01:59 PM
Took my young fella fishing last night off a little pier in Barwon Heads. He got his first fish

He's my boy!

Nothing wrong with getting a fish for the kids. Even if its a Toadie.

Lonicus
6th January 2013, 04:17 PM
Kids are stoked just to catch something. Mind you, he looks about as pleased with it as I would :)

He'll be out-fishing Dad soon enough.

MEGOMONSTER
6th January 2013, 07:52 PM
Been fishing in my whiting spot for a far few hours now and all I've been getting is these little bastards. At least I know there still coming here but bloody hell there tiny. 2420524206

Alitis007
7th January 2013, 01:19 AM

He's my boy!

Good on him!! Great spot Barwon heads use to fish off the bridge every weekend when i was a kid, i remember we caught 100 mullet's out of breamly river (i think thats was its name cant remember now) and Cunningham pier was a good spot too during summer.

Alitis007
7th January 2013, 01:21 AM
Been fishing in my whiting spot for a far few hours now and all I've been getting is these little bastards. At least I know there still coming here but bloody hell there tiny. 2420524206

Bring on those silver whiting mate, they're perfect snapper bait size lol

MEGOMONSTER
7th January 2013, 06:22 AM
Bring on those silver whiting mate, they're perfect snapper bait size lol

The Qld sand whiting a far too tasty to be used as bait.

Anyway I'm off to some of Noosa's finest off shore reefs which I think won't be that good this time if year. Might get a Cobia. Definitely wont get any coral trout but I really hope I'm wrong there.
A Spanish mackerel would be nice.

Sir Roofy
7th January 2013, 02:38 PM

flattie tails for dinner yuuuuuuuuuuuum ooooooooo

and my grandson looking on

the young fella won his first ever fishing comp with
a bigger flattie not bad for a 4yr old

Lonicus
7th January 2013, 02:53 PM
What a top haul, very jealous!

Good work by the little guy :)

MEGOMONSTER
8th January 2013, 12:43 AM
Well done Roofy. What a catch and the young one with the biggest fish. Good on'im

Sir Roofy
9th January 2013, 01:54 PM
Well done Roofy. What a catch and the young one with the biggest fish. Good on'im

that was one day the next was about the same and as big

MEGOMONSTER
9th January 2013, 05:26 PM
that was one day the next was about the same and as big

Where abouts did you guys fish.?
Always good to see a haul of flatties

Sir Roofy
9th January 2013, 05:59 PM
where abouts did you guys fish.?
Always good to see a haul of flatties

bemm river

MEGOMONSTER
9th January 2013, 09:38 PM
bemm river

How far is the Bemm from you or how far from Sale or where is it exactly

Sir Roofy
10th January 2013, 08:44 AM
How far is the Bemm from you or how far from Sale or where is it exactly

49ks from orbost

MEGOMONSTER
10th January 2013, 06:34 PM
49ks from orbost

Long drive from home for me.

threedogs
10th January 2013, 06:40 PM
6 hr drive from Melb went every Queens birthday weekend for 15 plus years , boy the stories from there.
Did do it once on my motorbike in 3.5 hours but cost me $250 in fines, gummy shark, salmon, tailor and blue swimmer crabs great spot too

MEGOMONSTER
11th January 2013, 09:04 PM
I normally do a Queens birthday boys weekend with some friends, I think I might suggest a trip up that way.

Alitis007
11th January 2013, 09:28 PM
I normally do a Queens birthday boys weekend with some friends, I think I might suggest a trip up that way.

If you drive another hour n a bit you will come to Eden, i'm here now 2 - 3 kg salmon off the surf and if you have your boat you can chase the king fish and boneto tuna. Its been a bit slow for me this week just a couple of salmon, silver travelly, flatties and as many 4" yellow tail scad and leather jackets you wanted!!