PDA

View Full Version : Who's got some vernier caliper on hand?

mudski
28th October 2012, 09:29 PM
Alrighty, sounds stupid, but i don't own any calipers so I would like someone to do a quick measure for me. i just need the shaft thickness of the sway bar link rods. I'm gonna make my own extensions and disconnects all in one from the original rods. I just need the shaft size though.

Thanks.

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2012, 09:31 PM
Mate I have and you know I am local... If you like I will drop them off in the morning on my way to Toorak.

Pm me you address as I cant remember where your house is again???

threedogs
28th October 2012, 09:38 PM
solved that one fast

mudski
28th October 2012, 10:04 PM
Sweet mate. PMOTW.

my third 256
29th October 2012, 07:40 AM
just got mine out to use and the battery has gone flat after 8 years

mudski
29th October 2012, 11:30 AM
BA just left now. We measured and then talked sh!t for two hours after :0 good times. Anyhow fronts are 12mm thick, rear left is 11mm and rear right is 10mm. Just for reference... Might have to rethink my plans on this...

threedogs
29th October 2012, 12:31 PM
I got 100 LR 34 batteries for $2 I think

Don't know what your up to Mudski but can you sleeve them??
Just throwing stuff out there. Think I saw someone today too.

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2012, 03:13 PM
BA just left now. We measured and then talked shit for two hours after :0 good times. Anyhow fronts are 12mm thick, rear left is 11mm and rear right is 10mm. Just for reference... Might have to rethink my plans on this...

Yeah did not motivate me to head out to Toorak I can tell you.. ended up just doing the minimum and heading back this way to get odd jobs done.

Having a bloke come round my house and re gas my system as I have no air con... $65 to come round and check it $140 to regas ...

mudski
29th October 2012, 06:19 PM
I got 100 LR 34 batteries for $2 I think

Don't know what your up to Mudski but can you sleeve them??
Just throwing stuff out there. Think I saw someone today too.
Yeah i was thinking of sleeving them to make them longer and drilling a hole right through the sleeve and shaft and then connecting the two with a lynch pin. Making my own extended disconnects. But the different sizes may have thrown a spanner in the works...

Two slabs BA I paid to get mine regassed :)