PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 turbo upgrade

YNOT
10th November 2010, 07:21 PM
I found this letter posted on a Navara forum, so although it mainly relates to D22 ZD30's with their wastegated turbo's I have highlighted in bold one line that relates to Patrol ZD30's. I thought it might be of interest to some people.;

Dear Dave,

Please find the attached Dyno Sheet.
This is our turbo upgrade, without any other tuning or any other modifications.

Simply, the power gain is attributed to much less backpressure, much cooler intake charge and much more rapid boost delivery.

With additional tuning, potentially well over 120RW KW is available..The main limiting factor is the fuel injection system not being able to provide enough fuel to keep up..

Boost response is much faster than the original unit. It is that fast that I have removed the variable vane unit from my own 3.0L Patrol and now use this same turbo…

The other MAJOR benefit is that the EGT’s have dropped well over 150DegC, simply by bolting the turbo on…Again this is due to the increase in air density and coolness, as well as the reduction in backpressure.

All our test vehicles have reported back with same or slightly better economy, which also goes with the more efficient turbo…

Regards,

Andrew

AXT TURBO PTY LTD

2-3, 175 Cheltenham Road

Dandenong, Victoria 3175

Australia

Phone : 03 9793 7740 / ( International ) +61 3 9793 7740

Fax : 03 9793 7745 / ( International )+61 3 9793 7745

Web : AXT Turbo Pty Ltd

Email : sales@axtturbo.com.au

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/navaraDyno-1.jpg

Tony