PDA

View Full Version : 1st gear pops out.

macca86
27th October 2012, 08:15 PM
Hi lads and ladies.
I have a gu zd30 manual gearbox. My gearbox keeps slipping out of first gear if I go over bumps or back off and let the engine drive it. I was after your opinion as to the problem?

Before I turned it into a submarine and drowned her I never had this problem. I flooded her with silt muddy water. I had to replace clutch as it blew up and I noticed this gearbox problem after I got it back from the mechanics. The gearstick lever came off in my hand as they forgot a circlip that holds it in I have replaced this as well as the bushed. I have dropped the oil twice since the flood with castrol oil correct grade according to their book vmx or something cant remember.
In order of what I think the problem is : The spring at the bottom of the lever or the gearbox mounts not fitted or shagged or the mud has destroyed the box and needs recoed any thoughts and anyone wanna fix it for me?

threedogs
27th October 2012, 08:17 PM
I think you're missing a part from when mechanic had it.
Just can't see mud doing damage to gears etc

macca86
27th October 2012, 08:30 PM
was heavy silt mud it destroyed clutch slave cylinder altenator atarted motor belt tensioner pully etc. I am hoping it's the spring is shagged I'll replace it next weekend as I've changed the nylon bushed split rings and cirlips in it already. I can't find the gearbox and lever schematics to help with my search so if anyone has them can they put them up? then I'll do the gearbox mounts then I'm screwed haha gearbox replacement it 1800 from the wreckers haha

macca86
27th October 2012, 08:43 PM
that's the spring I need to change I think. I just find it dangerous and want it fixed crawl out of an intersection see a gap give it a bit to get through traffic and pop out it goes and left in the road and once down hill very steep rocky shale almost made me crash brakes and low 2nd were just too fast

threedogs
27th October 2012, 08:45 PM
Is this only in 4wd?

macca86
27th October 2012, 08:47 PM
In 4wd and 2wd it's definertly gearbox rather than transfer case related

macca86
27th October 2012, 08:55 PM
I might try it in the order I said earlier as it's cheapest fix first unless anyone has any better ideas

Yendor
27th October 2012, 09:00 PM
was heavy silt mud it destroyed clutch slave cylinder altenator atarted motor belt tensioner pully etc. I am hoping it's the spring is shagged I'll replace it next weekend as I've changed the nylon bushed split rings and cirlips in it already. I can't find the gearbox and lever schematics to help with my search so if anyone has them can they put them up? then I'll do the gearbox mounts then I'm screwed haha gearbox replacement it 1800 from the wreckers haha

Is this what you are after?

macca86
27th October 2012, 09:03 PM
yes yes it is Thanks mate

threedogs
27th October 2012, 09:04 PM
maybe the guide plate is bent , or the spring and balls are shagged both R and L hand side. thinking is if nylon
on selector wears it may cause you when shifting to bend that guide plate .

macca86
27th October 2012, 09:09 PM
Might change bush and spring under the control plate and the spring above the control plate
I changed rings and bushes above return plate already

threedogs
27th October 2012, 09:13 PM
How hard to check the guide plate, if bent may continue to cause grief

macca86
27th October 2012, 09:17 PM
It's pretty tight in there I'm doing this with out dropping the box out but may have to to get to this part but you gotta do what you gotta do