PDA

View Full Version : Turbo interest?

nissannewby
26th October 2012, 02:03 PM
Hey guys

As the title states, I will have a complete turbo setup that I will be selling hopefully within the month. Its a factory system and will come with- factory turbo, all plumbing for the turbo, 3" exhaust (full length) intercooler, intake piping and exhaust manifold. The turbo is currently on the car and is in good working order no noises, no oil etc. The car itself gets serviced every 5000km and this includes a new air filter each time.

Will freight if I have to :).
Cheers Newby

89gqpatrol4x4
26th October 2012, 07:16 PM
too suite what? I have a gq 4.2 might be interested. What sort of money and why the sale?

nissannewby
26th October 2012, 10:06 PM
To suit a TD42 mate. Im not sure money wise will have to look into what they go for. I am selling due to upgrading for some extra ponies :D its getting a bigger turbo with front mount intercooler and stainless exhaust.

MudRunnerTD
26th October 2012, 10:33 PM
To suit a TD42 mate. Im not sure money wise will have to look into what they go for. I am selling due to upgrading for some extra ponies :D its getting a bigger turbo with front mount intercooler and stainless exhaust.

Your an Animal and a Lucky SOB!

nissannewby
27th October 2012, 07:48 AM
Your an Animal and a Lucky SOB!

Its so it tows better ;)

89gqpatrol4x4
27th October 2012, 05:14 PM
when you've got an idea of price let me know please! This would be a good and safe power updgrade to the old diesel gq wouldn't it?

nissannewby
27th October 2012, 05:24 PM
Certainly would mate. You would be very pleased with the results. I could even fit it for you and give it a little tweak. How does 1500 sound?

89gqpatrol4x4
27th October 2012, 05:29 PM
awesome! And If you could help me fit it would be magic

radius fab
28th October 2012, 07:35 AM
I hope your coming past the shop for that stainless exhaust and front mount mate :)

AB
28th October 2012, 08:04 AM
I think that's a very fair price for everything included and install.

snewin
28th October 2012, 08:41 AM
Thread hijack.....

Why the front mount and not a top mount?
I'm interested in exploring both options?

nissannewby
28th October 2012, 12:50 PM
I hope your coming past the shop for that stainless exhaust and front mount mate :)

I certainly will mate. I am picking up the intercooler this week along with some ally piping which once the turbo is fitted I will get you to weld intercooler piping up for me. Unless you have 2.5" piping at your shop to do this, in this case I will just buy the silicone joiners. Have you gotten a hold of any intake manifolds yet?

nissannewby
28th October 2012, 01:00 PM
Thread hijack.....

Why the front mount and not a top mount?
I'm interested in exploring both options?

Going front mount as it will be towing most of the time and in my opinion they are the more efficient of the bunch unless you want to go to a laminove style setup. Front mounts are easy to mount and dont require an extra system. Tops are good as well but at about 12-1400 for a quality top mount that flows considerable air is a little steep. Also with the top mount to get the best out of it I would require a second hold and scoop on my bonnet or a larger hole and larger scoop, which involves cutting up my bonnet and painting so more cost. I know you are putting another heat source in front of the radiator with a front mount but the cooler intake temps I think will help outweigh this as I dont like a cooling device sitting above a heat source (engine) cos as we all know hot air rises making a top mounts job harder to do.
Water to air are also good but the idea of having to run an extra system doesnt appeal to me and I know its been proven but im not a fan of running water in the same spot as my intake air. Front mounts are cheap, easy to fit and are simple.

There are no huge disadvantages or advantages between those 3 setups. If they are setup well they will all do their job incredibly well. It will basically be what you want to do at the end of the day and who gives you the best service.

radius fab
29th October 2012, 07:26 AM
I just used up the last of them but if you want I can order anything you need. Nah have not found one as of this stage mate. Im thinking about making the whole thing. Not just cutting the top off. Are you wanting to run your piping thru the rad support?

snewin
29th October 2012, 09:01 AM
Great post newby, thankyou.