PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket suspension replacement GU III

James_R
25th October 2012, 10:06 PM
G'day guys and girls,

I've just recently got myself into the wonderful world of Poo-Trolls. One of the things I was attracted to with my truck was that it ad previously had a bit of aftermarket suspension work done in the form of a two inch lift with RAW shocks and a steering dampener with King coils.

The shocks are going to need replacement in 6-8 months, and considering I'm a complete and utter novice when it comes to fourbying I was after a bit of advice as to some good replacement shockies?

Cheers

nissannewby
25th October 2012, 10:33 PM
Old man emu mate tried and tested and high quality gear.

MEGOMONSTER
25th October 2012, 10:56 PM
Old man emu seems to be the choice of NP, Koni's also have a top quality shock.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

happygu
25th October 2012, 10:57 PM
+1 for the Koni's

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
25th October 2012, 11:06 PM
Really will depend on your budget and what you actually want to do with you rig.
Shocks can vary in prices from $80-90 to $250-300 a shock and more, a 2" lift with OME with set you back about $1600 for springs and shocks

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

James_R
27th October 2012, 09:41 AM
Cheers guys really appreciate the advice.

megatexture
27th October 2012, 10:25 AM
I like an adjustable shock as I think some pre set ones are too stiff so i went tough dog big bore adjustable for a little control . And i don’t like arb as i think they are a bunch of ##### and over priced but it makes sense when you go in and they have 10 staff sitting on their ass why they charge so much.

Morton
27th October 2012, 06:48 PM
tough dog x 2

threedogs
27th October 2012, 07:11 PM
If you're cashed up go KONI fully rebuildable. other than that anything you want, I have EFS and works a treat.

Rip'n'Shred
12th November 2012, 01:30 PM
I have gone suspension stuff 3" flexi kit. I'm really happy with mine, major improvement from factory.

scotty83
12th November 2012, 01:43 PM
tough dog are good stuff. EFS are just as good. Ironman are a bit cheaper but still great gear. that is what i am running..

lorrieandjas
12th November 2012, 02:53 PM
Just another vote for OME - but like someone else said depends on your budget and what you are trying to achieve.

nissannewby
13th November 2012, 11:27 AM
OME. Basically a fit and forget and in the unlikely event you need replacement/warranty there are dealers all around australia which will more than like carry the shock you need being a patrol.

Thirsty
13th November 2012, 07:11 PM
OME for me too

nissanfan
14th November 2012, 02:15 AM
If you're cashed up go KONI fully rebuildable. other than that anything you want, I have EFS and works a treat.
I would prefer KONI too. I used in my car.

Though it is little stiffer(i preferred to be that way), the handling is really improved greatly

steve4377
14th November 2012, 10:03 AM
Bought my 2004 with a lift kit already fitted. Great height but ride was hard, harsh and jarring. Bought and fitted two Rancho RS9000 adjustables and put em on the front to see if they were any good, in particular as they are $400 a pair (ebay). They are great, soft ride and good control, but now I gotta come up with another $400 for the back end - which still feels like ya riding a buck board. So should be great when they are fitted all round. So you need to decide what you want out of suspension. For a young bloke rock climbing you won't mind a hard set-up, but if ya got kids in the back and you travel a long way on highways then you may prefer it rides like a Rolls...