PDA

View Full Version : VIC meet up - Friday 16th November to Sunday 18th - Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AB
25th October 2012, 10:20 PM
EDIT: Please vote above if you are joining us. We are having a communal roast cook up Saturday Night. Please vote above if you wish to join in the cook up as well. Normally costs between $5-$20 depending on numbers for the person who organises the food, etc.

Ok, the poll is done and the majority wanted to meet up around Toolangi area.

A lot of people are keen to camp so we have decided to have the meet up at the Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve from Friday 16th November to Sunday 18th.

It's only 10 minutes off the main Melba Hwy in the heart of the Toolangi State Forest. It consists of a stretch of camp sites along the creek on Murrindindi Road, Murrindindi.

We will be trying our best to get the Water Gauge camp site. I'll leave a bit earlier on Friday and try to snag that spot for us....Maybe around 5pm....I'll advise exact time later on.....It's an easy place to find. Just drive along Murrindindi Road you will eventually get to the Suspension Bridge which is an open area with the permit box to pay a small fee....You then just drive along the road and big signs point down to the names of the camp sites....You cannot miss it.

You can see each camp site as you drive along so just look out for Nissan Patrols.

All the information you need can be found on the link below...
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/131652/FS0010-Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve-Camping.pdf

Everyone is welcome to attend so don't be shy!!!

Standard procedure will be meet up Friday afternoon set up and talk nonsense, meet and greet.

Saturday will be mostly spent 4wding, etc followed by late afternoon drinks and BBQ's, camp cook ups.

Sunday can be another little out and about if anyone is keen also.

Day trippers on Saturday are more than welcome but try and be at the camp spot before 9am as we will be heading out around 9:30am latest.

The camp site is very well laid out with pit toilets and sheltered picnic tables so not too roughen it up really!!

We had one of our first meet ups here and we all had a ball!!!

Any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask and look forward to meeting some new faces!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/04/16.jpg

Suspension Bridge (Start of the Reserve) PERMIT BOX....STOP HERE TO PAY FIRST
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/80.jpg

Flashy toilets too...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/81.jpg

Well signed....Can't miss it!!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/82.jpg

Every individual camp spot has their own fire pit and plate....Nice!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/83.jpg

AB Copy post from in thread below about the trip...

My videos sucked ladies and gents....LMAO

Not even worth putting up here.

OK....It is exactly 35.7km's from Yarra Glen pub to the turn off to the camping area.

Then just follow the main road the whole way. Do not turn off just keep on the main road. It will eventually turn to dirt road and just keep following the main road which will lead you to the Scenic Reserve.

@ 44.7km's on your trip meter from Yarra Glen pub you will hit the entrance to the Murrindindi Scenic Reserve. There is a little shelter there where you get a permit and pay. It's $7 a night so make sure you bring $14 exact cash and put it in the envelope and place in the box.

You will see on the shelter it says 3km to the Water Gauge camping spot...Very well signed so you can't miss it.

There were a few people camped there and only another 1km past Water Gauge was another spot called The Ferns....Great spot too, heaps of room and no one there.....Also, only another 300m past The Ferns was another great spot called Bull Creek.

Basically all the spots before Water Gauge would not suit us so whoever turns up first try Water Gauge...If some one is there then go to The Ferns....If your not happy there then go to Bull Creek.

Once you found the spot just put a post up here so we know. Otherwise It's easy to find out where we are camped as you can just drive down these spots and find the Patrols.....Easy done!

Hi All,

Weather forecast is looking good for the weekend except we are going to get some rain this week and the tracks will be muddy and slippery by the looks of it.

We will have to split the Saturday driving into two teams by the looks of it.

1 team will be venturing out into the more steeper climbing and more rutted out tracks/holes where a minimum of 2" lift and 33" mud tyres are essential for those tracks.

The second team with the all terrain tyres and stock vehicles will not be able to get through some of those tracks so it has been suggested for two convoys needed.

Just chatted to some of the guys and we have plenty of room in our vehicles for people to jump in so if you have stock patrols and road tyres I suggest doing this or if you are keen for some driving in the area we will have to split the group in two.

On the Friday night we can all look at the maps and work out some routes for both groups anyway.

Winnie
25th October 2012, 10:25 PM
Woohoo, can't wait. Thanks for taking over the organisation for me Ab ;)

DIAL-A-TAP

AB
25th October 2012, 10:40 PM
Forgot to mention...lol

I have a friend coming with his misses who ummmm owns a different model car T....umm....T....Vehicle...LMAO

Great bloke and knows the area well which is good as I dont go up that far normally...He undestands the risk of coming to Patrol meet up so....lol

This should spice things up anyway!!!

chester
25th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Damn man why so far away LOL

Ok since im bring the family which means towing the camper,means i cant tow my fuel trailer hahahaha

So where's the nearest fuel??????

Roofy r u going up might follow you up if i go.

MEGOMONSTER
25th October 2012, 11:31 PM
Damn Toymota drivers, always wanting to play with the big boys.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

Maxhead
26th October 2012, 06:34 AM
I can possibly get there early Friday to grab a spot.....see how we go

..........on the move.

Winnie
26th October 2012, 06:55 AM

Ok since im bring the family which means towing the camper,means i cant tow my fuel trailer hahahaha

Me you and Roofy could possibly mini convoy it.

DIAL-A-TAP

Maxhead
26th October 2012, 07:53 AM
So who's actually going??? hands up who is....hahah

I'm not sure if its just me or the missus and kids yet but I have to be at Mt Evelyn early so I might even make it to the camp spot early Friday arvo.

healy
26th October 2012, 08:56 AM
I'm up for it

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 09:33 AM
OK I have the green light for Friday night and all day Saturday and may bring my daughter along...

Might try get up there as early as possible Friday to help secure the right spot????

krbrooking
26th October 2012, 11:38 AM
Ok I will try my hardest to make it for fri, if I can I finish work at 1 on Fridays so will also be able to get there early. Will also try convince the misses to come with the kids if see if I can bring the kids how old is everyone else's kids.

krbrooking
26th October 2012, 11:41 AM
Ok, the poll is done and the majority wanted to meet up around Toolangi area.

A lot of people are keen to camp so we have decided to have the meet up at the Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve from Friday 16th November to Sunday 18th.

It's only 10 minutes off the main Melba Hwy in the heart of the Toolangi State Forest. It consists of a stretch of camp sites along the creek on Murrindindi Road, Murrindindi.

We will be trying our best to get the Water Gauge camp site. I'll leave a bit earlier on Friday and try to snag that spot for us....Maybe around 5pm....I'll advise exact time later on.....It's an easy place to find. Just drive along Murrindindi Road you will eventually get to the Suspension Bridge which is an open area with the permit box to pay a small fee....You then just drive along the road and big signs point down to the names of the camp sites....You cannot miss it.

You can see each camp site as you drive along so just look out for Nissan Patrols.

All the information you need can be found on the link below...
http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/131652/FS0010-Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve-Camping.pdf

Everyone is welcome to attend so don't be shy!!!

Standard procedure will be meet up Friday afternoon set up and talk nonsense, meet and greet.

Saturday will be mostly spent 4wding, etc followed by late afternoon drinks and BBQ's, camp cook ups.

Sunday can be another little out and about if anyone is keen also.

Day trippers on Saturday are more than welcome but try and be at the camp spot before 9am as we will be heading out around 9:30am latest.

The camp site is very well laid out with pit toilets and sheltered picnic tables so not too roughen it up really!!

We had one of our first meet ups here and we all had a ball!!!

Any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask and look forward to meeting some new faces!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/04/16.jpg

Suspension Bridge (Start of the Reserve) PERMIT BOX....STOP HERE TO PAY FIRST
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/80.jpg

Flashy toilets too...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/81.jpg

Well signed....Can't miss it!!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/82.jpg

Every individual camp spot has their own fire pit and plate....Nice!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/83.jpg
I notice there is rivers nearby is there fishing aloud and will anyone else be bringing the fish feeders.

Sir Roofy
26th October 2012, 11:46 AM
if your lucky mate you might get a trout or two

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 11:58 AM
My daughter is nearly 9 and very mature for her age.

Sir Roofy
26th October 2012, 12:05 PM
Ok I will try my hardest to make it for fri, if I can I finish work at 1 on Fridays so will also be able to get there early. Will also try convince the misses to come with the kids if see if I can bring the kids how old is everyone else's kids.

bring them along mate not aware of any age limits lol more the merryer
just bring extra bedding or clothes as it can be quite cold at nite in that reserve
best have extra than none

AB
26th October 2012, 12:45 PM

Fuel station is at Glenburn....Only 15-20 minutes to the site mate.

Maxhead
26th October 2012, 12:57 PM

I have 2 boys. 6 and 7.5yrs old

Irish
26th October 2012, 01:27 PM
This sounds cool, will see how I'm fixed but it sounds like a bag of fun!

Sir Roofy
26th October 2012, 01:30 PM

im going where do you want to meet up ?time and place your call

you to winnie if your stll comming

AB
26th October 2012, 02:03 PM
For those who havent been here before Its a great place to camp.

The area got destroyed on Black Saturday and all these facilities have been rebuilt and brand new!

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 02:15 PM
This sounds cool, will see how I'm fixed but it sounds like a bag of fun!

You bloody better or I will punch you in the neck and tell everyone how it is with you!!?????

Please dont hurt me Pete........

Thinking of leaving here about 1.30pm?????

krbrooking
26th October 2012, 06:22 PM
Ok have been granted a free pass from fri to sun lunchtimeish. Will be getting there as soon as car is packed, so I can get set up, unfortunately the misses and kids don't want to come. Will be bringing the fish feeders so if all goes well could be having fish for dinner.

Winnie
26th October 2012, 06:38 PM
im going where do you want to meet up ?time and place your call

you to winnie if your stll comming

Not sure if I'll be working then or not. If I am you will probably leave before me as I would have to leave Warragul at 5 on the Friday. If not then I could leave whenever so would be more than happy to cruise up with you gents.

boots
26th October 2012, 06:46 PM
COUNT ME IN . Sounds like fun .looking foward to it.

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 06:48 PM
COUNT ME IN . Sounds like fun .looking foward to it.

What time you thinking of heading up mate???

big_fletch
26th October 2012, 07:07 PM
I should be making this trip as well, Also maybe TUR7LE bringing his rig.. Wont be there till between 7-8pm Fri as heading down straight after work.. Should be a good weekend to test the new 35's haha

boots
26th October 2012, 07:13 PM
Friday arvo after work . just unsure what time knock off will be , roughly 2pm - 6pm leave my place at this stage . Will keep you informed when it gets closer mate .

chester
26th October 2012, 08:11 PM
If i do come which im trying my best to,ill be bringing my wife and 4 boys aged 2,7,8 and 11.

AB
26th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Sounds good gents, should be a ripper meet up and good numbers!!!

Timbo, Rossco and another mate will be coming too so looks like 10 + cars so far...

Sir Roofy
26th October 2012, 08:24 PM
if i do come which im trying my best to,ill be bringing my wife and 4 boys aged 2,7,8 and 11.

let me if your going mate if you want to follow me up

big_fletch
26th October 2012, 08:37 PM
Sounds good gents, should be a ripper meet up and good numbers!!!

Timbo, Rossco and another mate will be coming too so looks like 10 + cars so far...

The more the merrier haha

krbrooking
26th October 2012, 08:40 PM
Wonder if this one will make 4wdtv. Lol..

AB
26th October 2012, 09:11 PM

Don't think this one will mate...lol

Ben-e-boy
26th October 2012, 09:15 PM
dont forget pics and vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna see panel damage lmfao

Winnie
26th October 2012, 09:17 PM

I dont! Lmao but of course there will be pics

DIAL-A-TAP

AB
26th October 2012, 09:25 PM

What time will you be there Benny!!!

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 10:58 PM

Not in it for the fame just the good times.... he he!!!!

Timbo
27th October 2012, 12:01 AM
Sounds like a good excuse to buy the Mud Map app for the iPad!

chester
27th October 2012, 12:22 AM
let me if your going mate if you want to follow me upI will for sure mate,trying my best depends on finance's.

Sir Roofy
27th October 2012, 08:32 AM
I will for sure mate,trying my best depends on finance's.

can understand that lets hope it goes your way

DSPIES
27th October 2012, 10:17 AM
Mind if I throw my hat in the ring for this trip?

Haven't been out for about 5 years (that's not a typo) so very rusty. Also no sliders yet but just looking to get back into the scene.

Anyone leaving from around the city after work on the Friday want to convoy? I'm in Richmond.

Cheers. David

Winnie
27th October 2012, 10:27 AM
Would be more than happy for you to come along also.

AB
27th October 2012, 10:28 AM
Go for it mate, from city I would be going east link to Ringwood on maroondah hwy to Lilydale to Yarra glen to the camp site.

healy
27th October 2012, 10:28 AM
5 years is a long time more than welcome to come along

krbrooking
27th October 2012, 11:49 AM

Haven't been out for about 5 years (that's not a typo) so very rusty. Also no sliders yet but just looking to get back into the scene.

Anyone leaving from around the city after work on the Friday want to convoy? I'm in Richmond.

Cheers. David

Mate you should not only be coming you should lead the convoy for the trip. Jump straight into the deep end.

Only jolking. More the merrier.

Ben-e-boy
27th October 2012, 12:12 PM
What time will you be there Benny!!!
sorry mate i have to give it a miss cant get the time off work

Bloodyaussie
27th October 2012, 03:43 PM

Cheers. David
Good on ya mate.... I am sure someone will be heading up around the same time.

My mate Peter (Irish) will be leaving from Ringwood and if he has to work all day he might not mind the company in convoy form.... you would have to ask.

How do you hold a whole camp ground???

When I was a roadie we would all pile up outside the hotel room and fight our way in and claim the best bed by dropping our pants and marking the sheets!!! Yeah I know....

Sir Roofy
27th October 2012, 06:02 PM
How do you hold a camp ground
get there early and rope of the area that you need
looks like we may need the whole section this time
if you havent been there before its all in small fenced
blocks

Bloodyaussie
27th October 2012, 07:30 PM
Well being it is a scenic reserve I cant bring my shot gun!!!!!!

AB
28th October 2012, 08:24 AM
You technically can't block off the entry to each camp site but whoever turns up first just make it very uninviting for anyone else wishing to camp at the spot...

Things like this always scare people away...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/90.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/91.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/92.jpg

Sir Roofy
28th October 2012, 09:16 AM
dont you remember the rope strung up last time
the ranger had know problem with it

AB
28th October 2012, 09:17 AM
dont you remember the rope strung up last time
the ranger had know problem with it

No probs Roofy, I might go up today and have a look as there were some other spots that might be bigger for us.

Sir Roofy
28th October 2012, 09:31 AM
No probs Roofy, I might go up today and have a look as there were some other spots that might be bigger for us.

the next one up could be a goer a bit more sheltered ,they all should be open now as for last time they where still fixing them up

AB
28th October 2012, 09:35 AM
Ill do a vid, trip meter from Yarra Glen to turn off and down to camp spots....Give me a few hours...I'll be back!!!

Sir Roofy
28th October 2012, 09:40 AM
enjoy mate now that its growing back should make for its name sake

Winnie
28th October 2012, 10:23 AM
Getting excited for this. One of my muddies has a slow leak so gonna take it in tomorrow.

DIAL-A-TAP

growler2058
28th October 2012, 10:40 AM
Shocked to see you up so early poo after that snot you were drinking last night:)

Winnie
28th October 2012, 11:05 AM
Mate I could not feel any better!

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2012, 12:40 PM
Mate I could not feel any better!

Faaaarrk that gets up my nose you types that can drink bleach all night and wake up the next day fine and dandy!!!!!!

Yeah I am keen for this one, trying to sort all my work out so I can have the whole weekend off.

Wonder how Andy is going driving around in this lovely weather looking for camping spots??

threedogs
28th October 2012, 01:06 PM
Hey Aussie thought you'd be down the island??

mudski
28th October 2012, 01:10 PM
I might try to get time off to go to this. Only if you don't mind a novice 4wheeler tagging along.

Winnie
28th October 2012, 03:39 PM
Faaaarrk that gets up my nose you types that can drink bleach all night and wake up the next day fine and dandy!!!!!!

Gotta love it =]

DIAL-A-TAP

krbrooking
28th October 2012, 03:44 PM
More than welcome mate. No better way to learn.

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2012, 04:43 PM
Hey Aussie thought you'd be down the island??

No I have stayed away from bikes for a while now, It was I did for 15 years and it seems I did not have any mates really when I stopped working on peoples bikes for them.....

Have owned over 40 and will get another but not now!!!!!

Is it the 16th yet????????????

Irish
28th October 2012, 06:59 PM
You bloody better or I will punch you in the neck and tell everyone how it is with you!!?????

Please dont hurt me Pete........

Thinking of leaving here about 1.30pm?????

Just read this... you goan die!!!

:clownredpuff:

mudski
28th October 2012, 08:14 PM
Feck it!!! I have a dinner to go to on that Saturday night. I might try to get up there on Friday and leave lunchtime or something like that on Saturday...Lets see how that passes with the boss.
I'll be there this weekend though!!! Weather pending of course...

Sir Roofy
28th October 2012, 08:20 PM
feck it!!! I have a dinner to go to on that saturday night. I might try to get up there on friday and leave lunchtime or something like that on saturday...lets see how that passes with the boss.
I'll be there this weekend though!!! Weather pending of course...

i would think your boss would give you a leave pass if you compromise
on something else thats more important than a dinner, unless its a birthday or annerversery

mudski
28th October 2012, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately this dinner is a every quarter type thing with old friends from way back. Its already been pushed back two months, I'd better turn up. Lets hope one of their kids gets sick and it gets cancelled again :O

threedogs
28th October 2012, 08:48 PM
Love your work Mudski, poison the kids so you can go to meet up. noice one got to be up there with the best

mudski
28th October 2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah I'm really hanging to get out there. Considering I've had my troll for what, 5 months now and she hasn't been on here maiden voyage yet. Mind you it was modding the bejesus out of here since I bought it. Now its all done, well for now, I'm keen as mustard and my mate, who owns a twin locked Suzuki:animierte-smilies-f , is too god damn pussy whipped to commit for a day.
I wanna get out there with my mate's old man actually, he lives in Yarra Glen and picks up his, wait for it, Hummer! Bought it from ARB. They have fitted every ARB accessory to it apparently. Lockers, winch everything. 72 years old and go buys a decked out Hummer. What a legend....

growler2058
28th October 2012, 09:25 PM
Now if it was a H1 with .50cal hanging outa the roof I would get reeeeel excited :)

Sent via my tapping thumbs

threedogs
28th October 2012, 09:31 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they aren't that good, even the H1 was way too wide over 2.5mtr .wouldn't fit down any tracks , top speed 90kph.
and we wont talk fuel consumption.

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2012, 09:33 PM
Yeah but .50 cal John... .50cal hanging off it mate!!!!!!

mudski
28th October 2012, 09:34 PM
But he did say he bought it just to collect his firewood. But he's 72, he can buy what he likes. His four son's all tried to talk him out of it. They all own Playdo's so they can't talk...and one Suzuki too. Tee-hee-hee! I don't know anything about Hummers but he did say it was the smaller model of them...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they aren't that good, even the H1 was way too wide over 2.5mtr .wouldn't fit down any tracks , top speed 90kph.
and we wont talk fuel consumption.

Hey atleast you would look cool trying...

Sorry! me going OT again. I pissed off now, I can't go. Tears for me. Someone throw a Kleenex my way!!!

threedogs
28th October 2012, 09:36 PM
,50 cal not too big for bunnies ???

AB
28th October 2012, 09:37 PM

OK....It is exactly 35.7km's from Yarra Glen pub to the turn off to the camping area.

Then just follow the main road the whole way. Do not turn off just keep on the main road. It will eventually turn to dirt road and just keep following the main road which will lead you to the Scenic Reserve.

@ 44.7km's on your trip meter from Yarra Glen pub you will hit the entrance to the Murrindindi Scenic Reserve. There is a little shelter there where you get a permit and pay. It's $7 a night so make sure you bring $14 exact cash and put it in the envelope and place in the box.

You will see on the shelter it says 3km to the Water Gauge camping spot...Very well signed so you can't miss it.

There were a few people camped there and only another 1km past Water Gauge was another spot called The Ferns....Great spot too, heaps of room and no one there.....Also, only another 300m past The Ferns was another great spot called Bull Creek.

Basically all the spots before Water Gauge would not suit us so whoever turns up first try Water Gauge...If some one is there then go to The Ferns....If your not happy there then go to Bull Creek.

Once you found the spot just put a post up here so we know. Otherwise It's easy to find out where we are camped as you can just drive down these spots and find the Patrols.....Easy done!

Bloodyaussie
28th October 2012, 09:47 PM
But he did say he bought it just to collect his firewood. But he's 72, he can buy what he likes. His four son's all tried to talk him out of it. They all own Playdo's so they can't talk...and one Suzuki too. Tee-hee-hee! I don't know anything about Hummers but he did say it was the smaller model of them...

Hey atleast you would look cool trying...

Sorry! me going OT again. I pissed off now, I can't go. Tears for me. Someone throw a Kleenex my way!!!

Might belt you in the head with the box of tissues????? Bugger mate... still a lot could happen between now and then??

Hey Andy ya sexy man, how was your drive????

AB
28th October 2012, 09:55 PM
Might belt you in the head with the box of tissues????? Bugger mate... still a lot could happen between now and then??

Hey Andy ya sexy man, how was your drive????

It was an awesome day out muffin tops. Sunny Melbourne day, loved it!!!!

mudski
28th October 2012, 11:21 PM

Just to add not long after it turns to dirt you pass under the big electricity pylons and you will come to a T intersection, you need to veer right, you'll go past the old saw mill, if its still there or not, then you will see the new thunder box they've built after the fires went through. Thought to add that just incase someone doesn't veer right at that T....
I'm gonna try my hardest to even just get up there for Friday night atleast and have a bevo or ten with anyone who's there...

healy
29th October 2012, 12:26 PM
I'll be done there by 10 on the Friday hopefully hopefully the directions get me to the rite spot

AB
29th October 2012, 03:01 PM
Just to add not long after it turns to dirt you pass under the big electricity pylons and you will come to a T intersection, you need to veer right, you'll go past the old saw mill, if its still there or not, then you will see the new thunder box they've built after the fires went through. Thought to add that just incase someone doesn't veer right at that T....
I'm gonna try my hardest to even just get up there for Friday night atleast and have a bevo or ten with anyone who's there...

I was going to mention that but Its still the main road which veers around to the right....Thought it may confuse people if I mentioned it...LMAO

Bob
29th October 2012, 03:04 PM
I was going to mention that but Its still the main road which veers around to the right....Thought it may confuse people if I mentioned it...LMAO

Could be coming. Do you have the GPS Co-ordinates (Might be a bit too technical for you RAFLMAO) ????

Bob
29th October 2012, 03:14 PM
Just found the Co-ordinates and they are

GPS Position: 145°33'14"E, 37°23'26"S

belzi82
29th October 2012, 03:44 PM
Hi guys, i won't be coming, i have two passengers who have never been camping or 4wding that weekend so will head out somewhere else, I have been told - must have phone reception and toilet!!! . Sounds,like it will be lots of fun tho.

Sir Roofy
29th October 2012, 04:27 PM
hi guys, i won't be coming, i have two passengers who have never been camping or 4wding that weekend so will head out somewhere else, i have been told - must have phone reception and toilet!!! . Sounds,like it will be lots of fun tho.

youve got long drops ,but very little phone reception where your going

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2012, 04:31 PM
Maybe some velvet toilet paper...

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2012, 05:36 PM
Whats the go with a mate or two coming along that are not Patrol drivers...... please dont hurt me!!!!!!

mudski
29th October 2012, 06:30 PM
wOOt! I reckon I'll be coming for Friday night atleast now. I just have to confirm that I can swap Saturday morning work roster. I may not get any 4b'ing in but having a bevo or ten with you guys will be fun. The amount of sh!t that will be spun has to be filmed.
Taliking with BA this morning got me all revved up...

Bob
29th October 2012, 06:37 PM
Whats the go with a mate or two coming along that are not Patrol drivers...... please dont hurt me!!!!!!

They would be more than welcome

threedogs
29th October 2012, 06:45 PM
X 2 with Bob someone has to collect firewood etc , etc lol

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2012, 06:58 PM
X 2 with Bob someone has to collect firewood etc , etc lol

Funny you should say that..... was thinking about bringing my trailer up for wood collection?????

AB
29th October 2012, 07:04 PM
Funny you should say that..... was thinking about bringing my trailer up for wood collection?????

That'll be handy mate unless there's a few roof racks coming.

Nah the toyo bloke is a good chap, just caught up in the wrong crowd unfortunately...lol

Winnie
29th October 2012, 07:52 PM
Was just gonna come here and mention firewood, can you collect it there? I can bring a chainsaw.

Maxhead
29th October 2012, 08:05 PM
Looks like its gonna be a good turn out. I'll be there with the missus and kids on Friday arvo early sometime... can't wait

krbrooking
29th October 2012, 08:10 PM
I will be bringing some fire wood from the father in laws, he goes out every weekend collecting so I don't think he will mind. I personally think collecting is an excuse just to go 4wding and to get out if the house.

Sir Roofy
29th October 2012, 08:11 PM
was just gonna come here and mention firewood, can you collect it there? I can bring a chainsaw.

winnie bring your saw can cut to your hearts content

krbrooking
29th October 2012, 08:13 PM
Looks like its gonna be a good turn out. I'll be there with the missus and kids on Friday arvo early sometime... can't wait

Is it the 16th yet. I couldn't help myself I already have all the gear sorted and in its own little pile in the garage.

Maxhead
29th October 2012, 08:16 PM
Is it the 16th yet. I couldn't help myself I already have all the gear sorted and in its own little pile in the garage.

Hahaha, We've been away this weekend and I haven't unpacked yet so might just leave all the gear in the truck...lol

Sir Roofy
29th October 2012, 08:20 PM
hahaha, we've been away this weekend and i haven't unpacked yet so might just leave all the gear in the truck...lol

thats what we did when we got home last time cause we was only here 2days before we left again for another 4days of camping

Maxhead
29th October 2012, 08:30 PM
thats what we did when we got home last time cause we was only here 2days before we left again for another 4days of camping

What time r you guys getting there Roofy??

Winnie
29th October 2012, 08:36 PM
I still haven't unpacked mine from last weekend lol dirty clothes and all. PEWWWWW

AB
29th October 2012, 08:39 PM
Was just gonna come here and mention firewood, can you collect it there? I can bring a chainsaw.

Pretty sure you can mate, thats a good excuse for us to go for an extra drive at the end of the day too...LMAO

Winnie
29th October 2012, 08:42 PM
I probably won't be there until after 7pm on the Friday though. But hooray for daylight savings could even collect wood after then!
Seen the forecast for this weekend? Not gonna say anything more on that because you know what happens when you praise good weather.

AB
29th October 2012, 08:47 PM
Melbourne = Bring shorts, singlet and snow jacket....Who frigging knows!!!!

Maxhead
29th October 2012, 08:56 PM
Last meet up I was at in Vic it poured for 4 days straight....Bring on the good weather Vic!!!

AB
29th October 2012, 09:00 PM
Last meet up I was at in Vic it poured for 4 days straight....Bring on the good weather Vic!!!

Yeah that sucked badly....Up there with one of the worst camping trips of all time...lol

mudski
29th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Well if its raining, I'm staying in bed :)

Sir Roofy
29th October 2012, 09:31 PM
What time r you guys getting there Roofy??

itll just be me, winnie looks like hes traveling on his own so wait and see what chester is doing
other wise ill be there early with ya

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2012, 09:37 PM
Ok I will bring the trailer purely for firewood collection.... much easier that farting around with roof racks.

I am chainsaw ready but use one for work so am over it if there are others that want to go mad!!!!

I am hanging... almost want to push my luck and try for the second night??????? that could be dangerous???

growler2058
29th October 2012, 09:40 PM
Go on do it man how angry can she get

Winnie
29th October 2012, 09:41 PM
itll just be me, winnie looks like hes traveling on his own so wait and see what chester is doing
other wise ill be there early with ya

Dunno what is happening there hopefully find out tomorrow.

DIAL-A-TAP

Maxhead
29th October 2012, 09:44 PM
Is it more of a boys weekend? If so the missus is staying at home:)

Sir Roofy
29th October 2012, 09:44 PM
Go on do it man how angry can she get

yer go on do it might get back late so you have to stay over to tired to drive

Bloodyaussie
29th October 2012, 10:02 PM
I am just thinking of that bloody stupid add.... Mother.. where the guys keep goofing off and blame the can!!!!!

Sir Roofy
29th October 2012, 10:08 PM
I am just thinking of that bloody stupid add.... Mother.. where the guys keep goofing off and blame the can!!!!!

that,l work lol

mudski
29th October 2012, 11:11 PM
Yep I think so. I'll be swagging it. So no spooning for me.

belzi82
30th October 2012, 12:28 AM

Mate, its called trying to convert

Bloodyaussie
30th October 2012, 08:01 AM
Oh a recruitment drive you mean....

krbrooking
30th October 2012, 10:15 AM

How else are we going to test out recovery gear. Besides there also has to be a ginny pigs to check for spiders and snakes in the thunder box.

Winnie
30th October 2012, 11:00 AM
Hey Roofy looks like I won't be working so will be able to leave earlier

DIAL-A-TAP

Sir Roofy
30th October 2012, 11:29 AM
hey roofy looks like i won't be working so will be able to leave earlier

dial-a-tap

ok winnie,would like to leave by 9.30 from traf on friday now we have to wait for chester
if he,s still coming

chester
30th October 2012, 01:34 PM
Sorry guys at this stage im out,youngest son is crook in hospitial and not sure for how long,looks like a week at least. I might try and sneak up saturday night. Sorry guys was looking forward to it.

krbrooking
30th October 2012, 01:43 PM
Sorry to hear bout your son mate. Hope he is ok and pulls through.

Winnie
30th October 2012, 03:13 PM
ok winnie,would like to leave by 9.30 from traf on friday now we have to wait for chester
if he,s still coming

No probs with me.
Sorry to hear about the young bloke Chester, family comes first hope all turns out well.

DIAL-A-TAP

Bloodyaussie
30th October 2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Roofy looks like I won't be working so will be able to leave earlier

DIAL-A-TAP

Good work mate!!!!!!

What time you predict being there??

Maxhead
30th October 2012, 04:33 PM
Sorry guys at this stage im out,youngest son is crook in hospitial and not sure for how long,looks like a week at least. I might try and sneak up saturday night. Sorry guys was looking forward to it.

Hope all works out fine with your young fellow mate and you get to make it .

Winnie
30th October 2012, 05:15 PM
Good work mate!!!!!!

What time you predict being there??

Well if Roofy and I leave Traf at 9.30 we should be there before 12. I could get a start on cutting some firewood then.

DIAL-A-TAP

Bloodyaussie
30th October 2012, 05:36 PM
Great so it looks like you guys will get there first or close to!!!

I will leave here after lunch so should get up there about 2.30-3pm... what channel do you guys use??

Sir Roofy
30th October 2012, 05:37 PM

no probs mate always nextime

Sir Roofy
30th October 2012, 05:38 PM
Great so it looks like you guys will get there first or close to!!!

I will leave here after lunch so should get up there about 2.30-3pm... what channel do you guys use??

ch 17 at this stage depends on the b/s on the w/end

Maxhead
30th October 2012, 05:42 PM
If you guys are bringing chainisys then I'll mine at home.

I'm more happy to help cart the lumber around. My rear bar will only take 1.5-2 hrs to put on so we should be done at Mt Evelayn at around 12-1pm. Looks like we wont be the first ones

Sir Roofy
30th October 2012, 05:44 PM
Is it more of a boys weekend? If so the missus is staying at home:)

janes not coming on this one has to work,dont know about anyone else,im guessing timbo will
have his lady with him rossco,s better half said one time she would be on the next one ??

shoot them a pm mate more the merrier

Sir Roofy
30th October 2012, 05:48 PM
Belzi where are you

easy driving mate good place for newbies and not far from
home got the the toots with water if they are fussy
if your lucky might even have fancy paper lol

Bloodyaussie
30th October 2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah same here.. we usually go between 12 and 17 but if there is too much crap then it's find a free space!!

Just spoke to my other non Patrol mate and he has to check his diary but is keen.

Winnie
30th October 2012, 07:11 PM
I am keen as for this!

AB
30th October 2012, 07:36 PM
Looks like some good numbers people...awesome!!!

Sorry about the news Chester.ets organize the next one your way as I was really keen for your spot!

krbrooking
30th October 2012, 08:50 PM
Yeah same here.. we usually go between 12 and 17 but if there is too much crap then it's find a free space!!

Just spoke to my other non Patrol mate and he has to check his diary but is keen.

Has he chickened out. Couldn't handle the pressure.

big_fletch
30th October 2012, 09:09 PM
Well I already have work off so I'm pretty much definitely coming on this trip.. Can't wait to get out there and catch up with everyone

Maxhead
30th October 2012, 09:10 PM
Well I already have work off so I'm pretty much definitely coming on this trip.. Can't wait to get out there and catch up with everyone

good shit mf!!!! hahahhaha

TUR7LE
30th October 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm in to .... I haven't been on in a bit but fletch has been keeping me uptodate

AB
30th October 2012, 09:54 PM
I'm in to .... I haven't been on in a bit but fletch has been keeping me uptodate

Good stuff Turtle, look forward to it mate!!!

Irish
30th October 2012, 10:00 PM
Okay, I should be good for the Friday, might try to take the day off so I can punch Bloodyaussie in the neck early in the afternoon. It's a great way to start the weekend:-)

Also, just bought a 50l waeco, so I'll have loads of ice cold frothies.... for me!
Gonna be cool to meet you lot!

mudski
30th October 2012, 10:17 PM
Shite! We're gonna all have to wear name tags. Looks like a lot going...

AB
30th October 2012, 10:19 PM
Its about time too, the banana benders were holding strong up there....lol

MEGOMONSTER
30th October 2012, 10:22 PM
Shite! We're gonna all have to wear name tags. Looks like a lot going...

Perhaps it time for personalise shirts.

Irish
30th October 2012, 10:25 PM
I'll be easy to spot, the accent is a bit of a giveaway, hahaha.

AB
30th October 2012, 10:32 PM
Perhaps it time for personalise shirts.

Yeah knowing my luck they will all turn up with one persons name on the entire batch....LMAO

belzi82
31st October 2012, 07:11 AM
Okay, i will talk it over with my mates and let Kat know what I decide.

threedogs
31st October 2012, 07:19 AM
Worth towing up the camper ?? Can't stay to long, but hanging to put faces to names

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2012, 07:40 AM
Me and Irish will be easy to spot as I will be on the ground getting beaten up by a mad 6,4 irishman drinking nice cold beer!!!

Sir Roofy
31st October 2012, 07:44 AM
worth towing up the camper ?? Can't stay to long, but hanging to put faces to names

cant see why not i had ours up there last time
but not this time the boss is staying home

krbrooking
31st October 2012, 09:48 AM
Okay, I should be good for the Friday, might try to take the day off so I can punch Bloodyaussie in the neck early in the afternoon. It's a great way to start the weekend:-)

Also, just bought a 50l waeco, so I'll have loads of ice cold frothies.... for me!
Gonna be cool to meet you lot!
So does that mean its your shout in fri. Lol.

Irish
31st October 2012, 10:24 AM
Cheeky bugger, haha.

If I get a chance, I might try and knock together some home brew and bung it in a keg. Nothing better than fresh ice cold beer that you've made yourself! Mmmm, beer...

Sir Roofy
31st October 2012, 10:34 AM
cheeky bugger, haha.

If i get a chance, i might try and knock together some home brew and bung it in a keg. Nothing better than fresh ice cold beer that you've made yourself! Mmmm, beer...

mmmmm would like to try a drop of that

Sir Roofy
31st October 2012, 11:52 AM
Okay, i will talk it over with my mates and let Kat know what I decide.

good stuff bel would luv for you tobe on this one as well

big_fletch
31st October 2012, 07:35 PM
Im excited for this trip, will def be bringing plenty of coldies with me.. Just finishing wiring in a few extra acc for the Troll and ill be set to go haha

Winnie
31st October 2012, 07:37 PM
Is it the 16th yet!??

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2012, 07:40 PM
Are we there yet???????

Maxhead
31st October 2012, 07:40 PM
I'll bring a mild chilli sauce..... ;)

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2012, 08:07 PM
Oh Faarrkkk now I know we are in trouble.... home made beer chili sauce... what next!!!!

I had some of Irish's home made stout and I needed a little nap after it!!!

AB
31st October 2012, 08:31 PM
Don't trust kris in his bloody chilli woffle. Blow your pants apart that stuff!!!

Winnie
31st October 2012, 08:31 PM
Don't let him near me after I've had a few beers.

AB
31st October 2012, 08:33 PM
I tried some of his mild stuff and it felt like I was eating a jiffy firelighter.

Don't know how you blokes do that!!!

Winnie
31st October 2012, 08:37 PM
Funny story about eating Jiffys...

mudski
31st October 2012, 08:37 PM

Hehe, I'll be bringing this and swapping yours over when your not looking. Or should I bring up some of my home made chilli? It'll give you lips like Marcia Hines and you'll shoot fire out of your dot for the next two days:bananarock:
Nom, nom, nom.

big_fletch
31st October 2012, 08:40 PM
Ill eat the chilli sauce, looove hot food.. Ya think it burns goin in, wait till it comes back out hahahaha

Maxhead
31st October 2012, 08:43 PM
Hehe, I'll be bringing this and swapping yours over when your not looking. Or should I bring up some of my home made chilli? It'll give you lips like Marcia Hines and you'll shoot fire out of your dot for the next two days:bananarock:
Nom, nom, nom.

I have that stuff on my breakfast cereal...lololol

This is what you want - http://thechillifactory.com/chilli-chili-chile-product-sauces-Scorpion%20Strike,%20The%20world's%20Hottest%20CHI LLI!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

AB
31st October 2012, 08:46 PM
Awesome stuff gents, looks like we have another chilli comp!!!

Bring your hottest ring burners and I'll bring the video camera...lol

Winnie
31st October 2012, 08:48 PM
I am thinking twice about coming now lmao

Maxhead
31st October 2012, 08:50 PM
I am thinking twice about coming now lmao

You'll be right mate, just have a little teaspoon as a taster.....

mudski
I have that stuff on my breakfast cereal...lololol

This is what you want - http://thechillifactory.com/chilli-chili-chile-product-sauces-Scorpion%20Strike,%20The%20world's%20Hottest%20CHI LLI!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/
That's it. I'm going to buy some tomorrow. I gotta try this.

Maxhead

Maybe Growler can send over one of his chillis.....cmon Gman

Winnie
31st October 2012, 08:51 PM
I don't trust you Kris! My dad loves chilli so I know what I'm in for...... I think

AB
31st October 2012, 08:56 PM
I don't trust you Kris! My dad loves chilli so I know what I'm in for...... I think

Yeah I was only joking mate, it's not that hot tablespoon can be eaten easypeezy...lol

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2012, 08:58 PM
How many drop dunnies are there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think there will be enough??

mudski
31st October 2012, 08:59 PM
Getting way off topic again, read this snippet about the above chilli sauce, and what they wear when they cook it. OMFG!!!
"The fiery Trinidad Scorpion Butch T registers 1,463,700 Scoville heat units, placing it ahead of the previous world'recod-holder recognised by Guinness World Records, the Naga Viper, which comes in at 1,382,118. Jalapenos measure about 2500-5000 and the hottest Tabasco is 30,000.

"They're just severe, absolutely severe," says Marcel de Wit, The Chilli Factory co-owner. "No wonder they start making crowd-control grenades now with chillies. It's just wicked."

The chilli is so scorching, that Marcel and his team have to wear protective gear when handling the new variety. "If you don't wear gloves your hands will be pumping heat for two days later," he says.

The chillies primarily end up as a basis for a hot sauce, where the chillies still pack a punch. "We went to Melbourne to cook our first batch of the sauce, the Scorpion Strike, we all had to wear full chemical masks and suit-up with full protection suits and gloves to cook these up." Marcel says. "Imagine, when you start cooking with it - those fumes that come out of the pot."

Marcel began cultivating the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T two years ago after Neil Smith, who runs The Hippy Seed Company, gave him one of the new chillies to try."

I gotta get some of this before the meet up...

mudski
31st October 2012, 09:00 PM
How many drop dunnies are there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think there will be enough??

Just bring one of your rifles mate...

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2012, 09:01 PM
Love is a burning thing but it dont compare to my burning ring, I eat chili and curry too, felt the fire of the devils poo!!!!

Winnie
31st October 2012, 09:02 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you don't.

Andy, what kind of a fool do you think I am?

AB
31st October 2012, 09:07 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you don't.

Andy, what kind of a fool do you think I am?

Not as foolish as I hoped...lmao

Stay away mate, trust me...I got done...lol

Irish
31st October 2012, 09:13 PM
You chilli boys should cop some of this:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/102.jpg

It's like tear gas in sauce form.

Is it the 16th yet?

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2012, 09:29 PM
Never minded hot food but now I find my chest hurts?????? is it serious doc???

Pete I would pay big money to see you drink a bottle of that shtuff....

mudski
31st October 2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah I have had that one. While its hot, I didn't actually like the taste of it. Taste it just as important than the measure of how many flames come out of your shooter.
This is gonna be like old times for me. My dad used to take me to Murrindindi when I was a kid. Him and his mate would sit around the fire, drinking Grappa and eating pickled chilli's.
Speaking on Grappa, I have a bottle of grappa and a bottle of slivovitz. Home made all the way from Croatia. Should I bring them to compliment the chilli tasting?

Bloodyaussie
31st October 2012, 09:33 PM
You are all a bunch of silly friggin bananas and I will enjoy sitting back watching you lot flop out your chili's to see whose is bigger and hotter!!!

Irish
31st October 2012, 09:33 PM
BA, not happening mate. I can barely cook with that stuff, the fumes are like bleedin zyklon B!

Mudski, yeah it's pretty full on for heat over flavour. I prefer this over it:

http://www.onlyhotsauce.com/img/p/1931-2825.jpg

Good news, my fridge actually holds 68 cans :-D

mudski
31st October 2012, 09:36 PM
Ew nah I irish. I would be the other way around on that. My nephew drink thats stuff like its Coke.

AB
31st October 2012, 09:36 PM
Last time I had grappa at a mates wedding I ended up in Ringwood clubs by myself and got home at 10am Sunday with a hangover that lasted till Tuesday.

Evil stuff...lol

Winnie
31st October 2012, 09:41 PM
So you're in for a fun weekend?

DIAL-A-TAP

AB
31st October 2012, 09:44 PM
I promised myself I wouldn't touch that stuff ever again...lmao. I went on a solo mission and caught cabs everywhere. I didn't want the party to end...haha

Winnie
31st October 2012, 09:46 PM
So why don't you want to go near it any more? Sounds like you had an awesome night.

DIAL-A-TAP

AB
31st October 2012, 09:49 PM
What goes up must come down...lol

Irish
31st October 2012, 09:49 PM
Mudski,

Thats f**ked, lol. I doff my cap to you :-)

AB,

I can't stand grappa, but last time I was home my ould man shoved a glass under my nose from a bottle he got in italy, then stood back to watch the grimace, choke, chunder. I put it down in one like a boss(couldn't let him get the upper hand) and it took all my willpower to keep it down, haha. Never again!!!

Winnie
31st October 2012, 09:50 PM
I liked Andy's story better lmao

DIAL-A-TAP

Irish
31st October 2012, 09:52 PM
I've been bugging my da to send over some Poitin, not sure it'd get through customs though :-(

krbrooking
31st October 2012, 10:03 PM

I'll bring the picture camera, I am not a big fan of lighting my mouth on fire.

krbrooking
31st October 2012, 10:32 PM
Far out here I was thing a bottle of port would go down nice, sounds like we should bring the funnel and yard glass and just fill Irish's fridge up with everything and each take turns on lying under it while two of us hold it up.

Irish
31st October 2012, 10:38 PM
Far out here I was thing a bottle of port would go down nice, sounds like we should bring the funnel and yard glass and just fill Irish's fridge up with everything and each take turns on lying under it while two of us hold it up.

Some call that a good meetup, I like to call it..... Saturday:-p

Irish
31st October 2012, 10:45 PM
Actually, better not write cheques my arse can't cash, I can't drink the way I used to, LOL. Keep forgetting I'm not 21 any more..

krbrooking
31st October 2012, 10:51 PM
Yeh I am in the same boat man I am also on the top half of the hill, so I can't drink as much as I used to.

mudski
1st November 2012, 12:35 AM
Same here Irish, but I like to try sometimes. I tell ya though. I can only go for friday night and I ain't trying to hard that night as saturday night I will be giving the vino a good serving. I'm too old for two night benders now. I remember going to Sheepyards on Cup weekends when they had the bush cup held down at the flats. We used to drink non stop for five days. Well four, as the last day we had to find the will to pack up and go home.

Sir Roofy
1st November 2012, 08:54 AM
This could be better than loveday with all this chilli
winnie the one to watch is kris ,him and growlers looked
like death warmed up

Winnie
1st November 2012, 10:49 AM
I'm gonna be afraid to sleep now.

DIAL-A-TAP

Maxhead
1st November 2012, 10:52 AM
Don't listen to them mate, they're making it all up.......

growler2058
1st November 2012, 11:30 AM
Anyone who doesn't do a chilli is a nancy hahahahahahahahahaha all my nasties are frozen I've got a couple of dried ones
Anyone wanna give me their postal address
BWAAHAHAHA

AB
1st November 2012, 11:34 AM
Po box 356 Yarra Glen 3775....Ill pass it on...LMAO

Maxhead
1st November 2012, 12:13 PM
Anyone who doesn't do a chilli is a nancy hahahahahahahahahaha all my nasties are frozen I've got a couple of dried ones
Anyone wanna give me their postal address
BWAAHAHAHA

This is what I bought yesterday for those VICs...lolol
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330820095343?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1414

Sir Roofy
1st November 2012, 12:20 PM
anyone who doesn't do a chilli is a nancy hahahahahahahahahaha all my nasties are frozen i've got a couple of dried ones
anyone wanna give me their postal address
bwaa
sent via my tapping thumbs

i tried kris,s scorpion in qld ,was very very little and burnt like the devil
him self had used his poker on my lips and tounge:devilred:

AB
1st November 2012, 12:24 PM
This is what I bought yesterday for those VICs...lolol
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330820095343?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1414

Check out the name of the seller....LMAO!!!

Maxhead
1st November 2012, 12:27 PM
Check out the name of the seller....LMAO!!!

Yeah, funny as. http://redring.com.au/

taslucas
1st November 2012, 12:36 PM
Last time I had grappa at a mates wedding I ended up in Ringwood clubs by myself and got home at 10am Sunday with a hangover that lasted till Tuesday.

Evil stuff...lol

Yep my grandpa makes it... Stole some when I was a kid....... VERY steep learning curve!!

Tap, crackle, pop

Sir Roofy
1st November 2012, 12:41 PM
My god you wont get near the longdrops and smokers beware
it could be an explosive visit

Timbo
1st November 2012, 02:33 PM
Looking forward to this. Bringing the missus so hopefully she can drive me around while I drink. Haha!

growler2058
1st November 2012, 02:43 PM
Check this bad boy out then
http://chilemojo.com.au/products/1_Million_Scoville_Pepper_Extract_148ml-37-2.html

mudski
1st November 2012, 02:58 PM
The one posted a few pages back is something like 1.4 million scoville's.

Bloodyaussie
1st November 2012, 03:06 PM
C'mon you lot my daughter is use to silly boys (here dad is one) but I dont want her to come back from this trip scared for life!!!!!!

Is it the 16th yet??

Maxhead
1st November 2012, 03:07 PM
The one posted a few pages back is something like 1.4 million scoville's.

I think this stuff is concentrate with a heat level of 40 where the chilli factory scorpion strike is only 15.

Maxhead
1st November 2012, 03:08 PM
Check this bad boy out then
http://chilemojo.com.au/products/1_Million_Scoville_Pepper_Extract_148ml-37-2.html

The're bloody out of stock :(

I 'm gonna get me some of that...hahahahahahah

mudski
1st November 2012, 08:35 PM
None the less. It's fecken hot!!!

krbrooking
2nd November 2012, 03:51 PM
Is it the sixteenth yet.
Was on the way home and so wanted to pack the car on head out for the long weekend.

belzi82
2nd November 2012, 05:14 PM
Hi i will be heading up saturday morning at this stage

threedogs
2nd November 2012, 05:26 PM
Got some red chilli powder I think from my asian neighbour, thats hot as all get out
not sure what it is but great when we did the steamed mussels and pipis one camp,
keeps you regular that for sure

big_fletch
2nd November 2012, 06:33 PM
Hi i will be heading up saturday morning at this stage

Good to hear belzi, sounds like there is quite a few members heading up now.. Looking forward to a awesome weekend

Winnie
2nd November 2012, 07:13 PM
Woohoo, it's getting closer!

big_fletch
2nd November 2012, 07:37 PM
Woohoo, it's getting closer!

You sound like your ready to hit the Tracks haha

Winnie
2nd November 2012, 07:42 PM
I haven't been fourbyin for a couple months now, getting withdrawals lol

big_fletch
2nd November 2012, 07:49 PM
I haven't been fourbyin for a couple months now, getting withdrawals lol

Oh ok hahaha.. I know the feeling, the most mine has done in last couple was driving in the snow up at Hotham and Falls.. And that was only 10-15 meters from the main road.. I cant wait to get out again

threedogs
2nd November 2012, 08:31 PM
Did someone post GPS co-ords incase I can't come up with Mudski and Co. or leave earlier???

Winnie
2nd November 2012, 08:38 PM
Yes mate Bob posted them

Just found the Co-ordinates and they are

GPS Position: 145°33'14"E, 37°23'26"S

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2012, 08:45 PM
hi i will be heading up saturday morning at this stage

good on ya bel looking forward to this

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2012, 08:47 PM
good to hear belzi, sounds like there is quite a few members heading up now.. Looking forward to a awesome weekend

be good to catch up with you also chris missed you last time in shep

krbrooking
2nd November 2012, 09:01 PM
I can't wait only 9 more days ppl. Going to be an awesome weekend, wish I could have fri off so I could get there early.

Winnie
2nd November 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm counting 14 more days? But I'm happy to only wait 9 lol
Better take my muddy in to get looked at as it has a slow leak

krbrooking
2nd November 2012, 09:11 PM
I'm counting 14 more days? But I'm happy to only wait 9 lol
Better take my muddy in to get looked at as it has a slow leak

Sorry you are right Winnie. Spying that's even longer.

Bloodyaussie
2nd November 2012, 09:49 PM
14, 14 , 14, 14, 14, 14, 14 !!!!!!!!!

Irish
3rd November 2012, 05:20 PM
13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

threedogs
3rd November 2012, 06:23 PM
Mate and I are leaving Friday morning , not bringing everything but some gizmos, Got super strong meds now so anything could happen
Pretty sure mate will drive, wont be able to 4x4 as asked DOC today, Have to take his advice.,Any thing that allows you to meet new people
has to be a good thing , well done Winnie and Ab

Bloodyaussie
3rd November 2012, 07:47 PM
So will you be watching the camp on Saturday or will you be heading back????

healy
4th November 2012, 01:46 AM
I might be pulling out of this now. Just got home after the clutch gave out in gembrook

Winnie
4th November 2012, 02:13 AM
Niooooooooooo!

DIAL-A-TAP

threedogs
4th November 2012, 07:01 AM
That clutch can't be good, hopefully you'll have it fixed in time.
Your only on the other side of town, Aussie did his in the DIY section.
I'm stuffed and can;t help only good at pointing ATM lol
Hope you get it sorted

Bloodyaussie
4th November 2012, 08:57 AM
12 days........... whats the go with the clutch Healy?? a little vague as to whats happened mate???

healy
4th November 2012, 10:31 AM
Well I can press the clutch and select any gear and it won't drive if that explains it any better damn thing is in pakenham still gotta get it home looks like a tow truck might be needed as I don't anyone with a vehicle that could tow it on a tandem it's all just fun and games at the moment

AB
4th November 2012, 11:07 AM
Did you go through deep water???

Check the little drain hole in your bellhousing. Is your bung in there? Take it out mate and leave it out.

I had exact same problem and it was just water stuck in there.

big_fletch
4th November 2012, 11:09 AM
Not long now AB lol

Sir Roofy
4th November 2012, 11:14 AM
hope you get it sorted healy

healy
4th November 2012, 04:46 PM
Nah no water unfortunately I might be able to get it done in time ill be absolutely f'd if I don't get done to meet you guys and I just purchased a long range tank how much should a heavy duty clutch cost?

Maxhead
4th November 2012, 04:59 PM
Nah no water unfortunately I might be able to get it done in time ill be absolutely f'd if I don't get done to meet you guys and I just purchased a long range tank how much should a heavy duty clutch cost?

I think yours is a qg??? so I assume its single flywheel. you're only looking at about 600-700 bucks if you can put it in yourself. Don't forget the thrust bearing

EDIT: just had a look , your is an rb30 and exedy hd cluch kit is around $450.. cheap as

healy
4th November 2012, 05:24 PM
Is that just for the clutch? Do I still need a thrust bearing?

mudski
4th November 2012, 05:43 PM
There will be a spigot bearing in the flywheel, the tip of the input shaft sits in that bearing. Strongly advised to change that while its all out. Some other nong, not mentioning any names forgot to do his... Anyhow, the thrust bearing should come in the kit, spigot bearing wont.
Also I just got back from Murrindindi. They have done a good job of repairing the place after the fires. Its almost bitumen all the way until just after the final (veer right) turn off toward the camp grounds.
AB I will have the friday off. I can go up earlier to somehow reserve places up there. Just really need numbers I suppose of just how many are going...

Maxhead
4th November 2012, 06:18 PM
WOW, check this out.... cluch , pressure plate and bearing. 345 with postage

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EXEDY-H-DUTY-CLUTCH-KIT-PATROL-3-0L-Y60-GQ-PETROL-89-97-/160590966529?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2563f7af01&_uhb=1#ht_1554wt_1139