PDA

View Full Version : Just a quickie...

steve4377
25th October 2012, 01:32 PM
Thanxs for the help the other day, great site and what a resource, with a lovely bunch of people...

Anyway just wondering bout my ZD30 2004 Patrol...The Air Con works great, but about two months ago the fan switch started playing up a bit. The air con fan only runs on top speed - number 4 - there is zero air flow on setting 1 thru 3 (although the air con still works as the light is on and vents still feel cold). One of the guys at work reckon it's a relay/solonoid type switch buggered inside the fan housing rather than the dash switch itself...If so anyone know where the relay/solonoid type switch is located, should be any easy fix if I can find it, or ideas as to whatever else it might be.

Thanxs again

Steve

threedogs
25th October 2012, 01:47 PM
Have you checked the search engine, in meantime I'll check my manual for you

Yendor
25th October 2012, 01:48 PM
The problem will be with the interior fan resistor block.

It's mounted next to the interior fan motor.

You will also need to check that the interior fan motor is not seizing up and spins freely, this can burn the resistor out.

Yendor
25th October 2012, 02:04 PM
Here's a picture. In the middle of the picture you can see the black interior fan motor mounted into the white housing.

There is also a black tube/pipe that comes from the interior fan motor and connects to the white housing.

At the bend of the black tube/pipe you can just see a brown connector, this is the connector for the resistor. Just disconnect the connector and undo the two screws then you can pull the resistor out.

Don't run the interior fan with this resistor out of the housing, it needs air from the interior fan motor flowing over it to keep it cool.

steve4377
25th October 2012, 08:06 PM
Thanxs heaps again guys...

Steve

choppie
26th October 2012, 12:02 PM
Top work Yendor

Bloodyaussie
26th October 2012, 01:06 PM
Here's a picture. In the middle of the picture you can see the black interior fan motor mounted into the white housing.

There is also a black tube/pipe that comes from the interior fan motor and connects to the white housing.

At the bend of the black tube/pipe you can just see a brown connector, this is the connector for the resistor. Just disconnect the connector and undo the two screws then you can pull the resistor out.

Don't run the interior fan with this resistor out of the housing, it needs air from the interior fan motor flowing over it to keep it cool.

Has anyone told you before that you are a sexy man!!!!!!

Yendor
26th October 2012, 01:21 PM
Has anyone told you before that you are a sexy man!!!!!!

lol.....only Bigrig.....does that count