PDA

View Full Version : Sydney/NSW meetups for next year

rkinsey
25th October 2012, 10:36 AM
Hi Boys and Girls, I was thinking that maybe we setup a couple of meets for next year.

Australia Day long weekend: Venue - Newnes

There is some reasonable 4WDing to be had in and around Newnes and its fairly friendly towards families and kids. We can take them on a trip to the glow worm tunnel which is a great trip. Im yet to find the Lost City so that could be another trip.

Easter: Venue - Barrington Tops.

There are quite a few places around here. Everything from a clearing in the bush to resort style camping with Hot Showers and Flushing toilets (Just to keep the trouble and strife happy)
There is also some great places to look at and take the family and kids. I believe we can also take them gold panning and fosiking.

We could make either trip a "Silver Run" trip (Thanks for the idea Bigrig)

Anyone elso got any ideas?

Cheers,

Rob

rusty_nail
25th October 2012, 11:40 AM
thats a great idea and i would definately be in for it! there is way too much over representation from the mexicans and cane toads on this forum, so it would be good to see a NSW related meetup!

rkinsey
25th October 2012, 11:51 AM
Hahahaha...!!

Thanks Rusty. Well you know the only good cane toad is a dead one.....so they say.... not sure what they say about a Mexicans though.... :lol:

Bigrig
25th October 2012, 12:12 PM
Hahahaha...!!

Thanks Rusty. Well you know the only good cane toad is a dead one.....so they say.... not sure what they say about a Mexicans though.... :lol:

Stop it you two!!

As we say, the only good thing about NSW, is that it keeps Victoria further away!!! lmao

Yes, yes ... worm can officially opened!! lol

rusty_nail
25th October 2012, 12:25 PM
Stop it you two!!

As we say, the only good thing about NSW, is that it keeps Victoria further away!!! lmao

Yes, yes ... worm can officially opened!! lol

thread officially hijacked i guess... but the big question is bigus, would you come to a NSW meetup?

rkinsey
25th October 2012, 12:31 PM
thread officially hijacked i guess... but the big question is bigus, would you come to a NSW meetup?

Mate, everyone is welcome if they wish to come along.

Bigrig
25th October 2012, 12:40 PM

You've got my interest - went to Victoria for one, so yeah, depending on when, then why not I say!!

rusty_nail
25th October 2012, 12:43 PM
can we get a few more ideas up then maybe a poll to which date and locations? im really keen to get this one happening!

rkinsey
25th October 2012, 12:49 PM
can we get a few more ideas up then maybe a poll to which date and locations? im really keen to get this one happening!

I'll do some research on Barrington Tops and post a few specific ideas for that area. Its bloody big up there!!

Yendor
25th October 2012, 01:37 PM
I'm also keen....or is the gate closed at the border....lol

Always wanted to try my luck looking for gold. :biggrin:

rkinsey
25th October 2012, 02:19 PM
I'm also keen....or is the gate closed at the border....lol

Always wanted to try my luck looking for gold. :biggrin:

All are welcome any time Yendor.... the more the merrier!

NissanGQ4.2
25th October 2012, 02:35 PM
Will have to speak with the boss first but should be able to count us in on this :) that's of course if my rig is still on the road at that stage :(

rusty_nail
25th October 2012, 02:37 PM
Will have to speak with the boss first but should be able to count us in on this :) that's of course if my rig is still on the road at that stage :(

whats wrong/going to be wrong with it in the future? if you know any good camping spots throw them in, do you know any good spots near zig zag? i know theres alotta tracks, but know little about camping there.

Steve4wdin
25th October 2012, 08:48 PM
Count me in, Rob we can talk about this with beers in one hand welder in other. Caves to caves is good, Out around Hillend maybe.

NissanGQ4.2
25th October 2012, 09:20 PM
whats wrong/going to be wrong with it in the future? if you know any good camping spots throw them in, do you know any good spots near zig zag? i know theres alotta tracks, but know little about camping there.

thinking about taking it off the road for a while, needs lotsa TLC, I just need to find sum1 to give it 2 her :)

Can't help on camping spots, Only been camping once since I had my first kid and that was 6 years ago :(

Cox's River ( 6 Foot Track ) was a nice spot, not sure if the camp ground near the bowtells has vehicle access as there now as there was talks off closing it off to vehicles and only allowing tree hugin hippie bush walkers in there

rusty_nail
25th October 2012, 09:23 PM
thinking about taking it off the road for a while, needs lotsa TLC, I just need to find sum1 to give it 2 her :)

Can't help on camping spots, Only been camping once since I had my first kid and that was 6 years ago :(

Cox's River ( 6 Foot Track ) was a nice spot, not sure if the camp ground near the bowtells has vehicle access as there now as there was talks off closing it off to vehicles and only allowing tree hugin hippie bush walkers in there

why walk when god gave us wheels? hahaha. you gonna work on her yourself or pay someone? if you wanna do it yourself, id be happy to lend a hand from time to time... lend you a hand to drink your beer etc hahah

snewin
25th October 2012, 10:53 PM
Sounds excellent count me in. May be able to offer my place as a meeting point/overnight stop/launching pad for the Barrington trip. Ample room for camping on our property, big fire pit, kids can go feral.

Linger Longer pub, Moonan flat pub & Gloucester pub all awesome for food & beer both sides of the Tops.

rkinsey
26th October 2012, 12:35 AM
Sounds excellent count me in. May be able to offer my place as a meeting point/overnight stop/launching pad for the Barrington trip. Ample room for camping on our property, big fire pit, kids can go feral.

Linger Longer pub, Moonan flat pub & Gloucester pub all awesome for food & beer both sides of the Tops.

That has given me an idea, PM me your location and I will work somthing out and let you know my plans before I post em.

rusty_nail
26th October 2012, 12:39 AM
ooo i love that part of the world! i have driven through there alot! i go through gloucester on the way to uralla, where my olds live. i would DEFINATELY be coming on a trip up that way

The BigFella
26th October 2012, 07:10 AM
count us in, the missus has been nagging about camping more this year,,,,,,,,,,,,

Steve4wdin
26th October 2012, 07:50 PM
Barrington seems the popular choice than. There are so many areas and options up that way ,it could be a great meet up.

Agronaught
12th November 2012, 03:57 PM
I may be a newb to offroad, but im keen to get to a meetup. Newns could be rather busy on australia day though, first come first served.

rkinsey
12th November 2012, 04:42 PM
Ive been a bit busy with work lately (Im currently in Melbourne) but having a think about this I am looking at doing just a day run on Australia Day to either Newns or to Yengo NP (North of Wisemans Ferry) and we have a picnic / BBQ.

Im looking at a few sites at Barrington Tops at the moment the we can use as a base camp for two days while we go exploring.

I will keep you posted

Cheers,

Rob

typo368
12th November 2012, 07:56 PM
sounds great count me in :tease:

The BigFella
12th November 2012, 11:46 PM
Have we set s date yet. Getting itchy feet just thinking about it,,,,,,,

rkinsey
26th November 2012, 01:59 PM
I just greated a new Thread for this meetup - http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?16439-Sydney-Australia-Day-meetup-day-trip&p=298279#post298279

OK boys and girls. Here is my suggestion for a day trip out of Sydney. This is one of many possible trips we could have but I wanted to keep it interesting but not too difficult. Not to mention that we dont want to spend hours in the car just getting to the start point. For me from Minchinbury it should take around 1.5 to 2 hours to get to the start.

Basically we have a play around in the Jenolan State Forest and have a look at what we find in there. No need to stick to too much of a dedicated course. I did take the liberty of suggesting a few "Destinations" though.

I would say we meet at around 0800 or 0900 Hrs at the start point and spend an hour meeting everyone so we can put faces to names and then air down and get into it. Have a break at around noon where we find a spot and have an Australia day lunch in the bush. We can then spend a bit more time having a laugh and a yarn.

Maybe kick off our return trip at about 1400 Hrs (ish) and travel a different way out to Little Hartley. (Trip notes below)

What do you think?

Trip in
Jenolan State Forest start -33.7132,150.048826
Little River Road crossing -33.740043,150.075381
Gibralter Rock -33.746788, 150.128236

Aternate trip out

Ganbenang Rd and Coxs River Rd. This route passes by the River near the Six foot track. We might just be able to find ourselves a spot near the river for afternoon tea.....

Start - Intersection of Table Rock Fire Rd and Mini Mini Forest Road

1. Head north-east on Table Rock Fire Rd towards Prices Fire Rd - 1.8 km
2. Take the 1st right on to Prices Fire Rd - 3.3 km
3. Continue onto Table Rock Fire Rd - 5.6 km
4. Turn left onto Marsden Rd - 3.7 km
Total sector distance - 14.4 km – about 35 mins

Marsden Rd
5. Head north-west on Marsden Rd towards Marsden Swamp Rd - 2.3 km
6. Continue onto Ganbenang Rd - 4.4 km
Total sector distance - 6.8 km – about 13 mins

Ganbenang Rd

7. Head east on Ganbenang Rd towards Lowther Siding Rd - 3.7 km
8. Continue onto Coxs River Rd - 9.4 km
Total sector distance - 13.1 km – about 15 mins

Total trip distance 34.2Km

Destination Intersection of Coxs River Rd and Great Western Highway at Little Hartley

Possibly finish the day at the Mt Victoria pub for a debriefing...?