PDA

View Full Version : Changing front body mount. GU Patrol

mudski
23rd October 2012, 03:58 PM
So my front left mount is stuffed and the bar on that side shakes around when driving. I have ordered a new one, I thought to rip the old one out while the other one arrived tomorrow. I got the bolt out and the bottom section of the mount but stuffed if I can figure out how to get the mid section out from between the chassis and the body. It seems to have a metal tube section that runs through the rubber and down through the chassis bracket for about 40mm. I have jacked up the body from the chassis and while it did lit its not enough to get the mount out.
Does that metal tube come apart from the mount? As I'm thinking it might but its really stuck in there. I could wait until tomorrow and see the new mount but I though to ask here and get the old mount out first.
Cheers for any help...

threedogs
23rd October 2012, 06:47 PM
Yell out if you need a hand

mudski
23rd October 2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks mate. Its not a big job, i hope. I think I might have to loosen the other side and maybe the middle mounts too so I can lift it up more. It only needs 10mm more to remove it.

threedogs
23rd October 2012, 07:33 PM
Cool just looks like the centre piping has rusted off the rubber

mudski
23rd October 2012, 07:58 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Is that a pic of you at your pc posting your hello's here on the forums? As for the mount. I'm not really sure. Upon a close inspection it does look like its one thing. But its so destroyed I think i'll have to wait until the new bit arrives to see.
By my pic you can see the smaller pipe inside the larger section. I'm assuming that smaller pipe is part of the above mount.

mudski
24th October 2012, 04:00 PM
Well I managed to get it out and get the new one in. I remembered I had a 5ft long crow bar so I jammed it in between the body and chassis and got the missus to lean on it just enough for me to get the old one out and new one in. Trouble is the the bar sits lop sided. So I have ordered a mount for the other side. Also the mount is actually a three piece jobby.

threedogs
24th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Cost per mount $$ ??
take it all went well fitting the new mount then.?

mudski
24th October 2012, 06:33 PM
Cost was $63.35 trade price. I tell them I am a home workshop and repairing a customers car :) I can get it cheaper again from Essendon Nissan as where I occasionally work (did work there for 18 years) they have an account so I can get it at wholesale which is cheaper again but The local dealer is around the corner...
Fitting. Using the 5ft crowbar I had and someone to lean on it while I took it out, it was easy. Getting the old rusted up one out was another thing.