PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Rick (Silver)

Bigrig
21st October 2012, 09:04 AM
UPDATE

It is with the sincerest regret to inform you all that Rick (Silver) passed away early this morning. Fran was by his side and Rick went peacefully.

Rick

I know you'll be watching down from above guiding us to do things the right way rather than our half baked approach at times!

You'll be sorely missed mate!

Our sincerest condolences to you and the family Fran. He was a wonderful man, and will not be forgotten as a valued friend and mentor to many of us here.

growler2058
21st October 2012, 09:07 AM
Rest in peace Rick

threedogs
21st October 2012, 09:12 AM
Truely sorry to hear this news, from my family please pass on our condolences at this time.
when someone passes it looks like this eg 1944 - 2012, what most people miss is that dash in between.
RIP Rick

Maxhead
21st October 2012, 09:12 AM
RIP Rick.
It was a pleasure to have met you mate.

Condolences to the family!

Bob
21st October 2012, 09:15 AM
Rest in Peace Rick
Condolences to you Fran and the Family

Clunk
21st October 2012, 09:29 AM
My condolences to Fran and family.
May you rest in peace Rick.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Winnie
21st October 2012, 09:31 AM
R.I.P Rick. Really wish I had a chance to meet you.

My sincerest condolences to Fran and family. Our thoughts are all with you.

frenzy
21st October 2012, 09:32 AM
Sad news. RIP Rick.

Dhuck
21st October 2012, 09:33 AM
Our condolences go out to Fran, Eliza and family. Rick was one hell of a man and great mate to all. He will be truly missed by us all.

Dave (Dhuck), Bec and Caiden

MEGOMONSTER
21st October 2012, 09:33 AM
Our sincere condolences to Fran and family. Rest in peace Rick.
From Mick and Natalie.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

Yendor
21st October 2012, 09:38 AM
R.I.P Rick, you will be missed.

Sincere condolences to the family.

sam697
21st October 2012, 09:50 AM
Rest in Peace Rick

Our condolences to you Fran and Eliza

Paul and Sami xxx

BigRAWesty
21st October 2012, 09:55 AM
R.I.P Rick.
Our deepest condolences to the family.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

nickpeacock36
21st October 2012, 11:58 AM
RIP Rick. It was a pleasure meeting you, a true gentleman. Condolences to Fran ane Eliza from all the Peacock family.

the ferret
21st October 2012, 01:32 PM
Rest in peace Rick, so sad to see you go mate.
I'm gunna miss your posts.
Rod.

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 01:39 PM
It's your time to Rest in Peace Rick ... Our heartfelt condolences to Fran, Eliza and Family :(

Sharen, Brad & Kids

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....

snicko
21st October 2012, 02:03 PM
RIP Rick
You will be missed here but Heaven had gained another angel.

My deepest condolences to Fran and Eliza

Cathy

Tappa Tappa yappa yappa

Airstrike
21st October 2012, 04:25 PM
Very intelligent man as many of you would know after meeting him. To be so open and kind to members at meet ups and still battle this thing head on is a true credit to him and his courage should and I am sure does make his family very very proud. As Scott mentioned on the first post, Rick was a factual member and if there was anything that needed research whether is was legal or not he was always happy to lend an opinion. I am sure though with Big Rigs hand we will see Fran and Eliza out and about on many more meet ups to come.

AB
21st October 2012, 04:36 PM
R.I.P Rick, I was saddened by the news this morning from our forum mates.

My deepest condolences to Fran and Eliza!

I have copied all of the replies in the other thread and thanks to Plassy's idea we have now made a dedicated forum to ensure this great bloke will not be forgotten!

healy
21st October 2012, 04:39 PM
R.I.P Rick

Stropp
21st October 2012, 04:42 PM
Rip Rick, sympathy to the family.

boots
21st October 2012, 04:55 PM
RIP Rick -very sad news.

macca
21st October 2012, 04:59 PM
You are in my thoughts

macca86
21st October 2012, 05:03 PM
Rick was a man one could only aspire to be like. Intelligent kind never one to boast. May he join the patrol gods and smile down on us all. I am very blessed to have known the man both here and in person. I've learnt alot from him in regards to patrols fishing shooting and hunting. I'll shall keep your family in my prayers mate. From Steve and Jenni Macdonald.

megatexture
21st October 2012, 05:11 PM
my condolences go out to ricks family and friends ,and judging by the calibre of friends you have on the forum you must have been a great guy, sorry I didn’t have the pleasure of meeting you, rest in piece

Woof
21st October 2012, 05:19 PM
My condolences to Ricks family, RIP mate

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2012, 05:24 PM
My deepest condolences to all of Rick's loved ones.

I really wish I had gone to the QLD meetup as I know I would of joined those that made the time to go visit you.

You may be gone but never forgotten and you will be sadly missed around this forum.

May you rest in peace mate

MudDonk
21st October 2012, 05:38 PM
I know your looking down on us from a better place Rick, but it is with a very heavy heart I say goodbye. I had the absolute pleasure of meeting you and getting to know you, and can only hope I can become 1/2 the man you are. The way you carried yourself prior to and throughout your poor health is nothing short of amazing.

Deepest condolences to Fran and Eliza you will be in my thoughts.

Chris.

Bloodyaussie
21st October 2012, 06:13 PM
To all the family left behind may you have but fond memories of your beloved.....

The BigFella
21st October 2012, 07:18 PM
Our sincere condolences to Ricks family and friends.
Words never seem to be enough in situations like this, I hope the sadness can make way for those close to Rick to enjoy and embrace his life.

May you rest in peace Rick, you're in Gods hands now!

jack
21st October 2012, 07:48 PM
Condolences to the family and friends.

macca
21st October 2012, 07:51 PM
I'm a bit stunned by Silvers passing, got home from a good day out with my Dad and saw the thread.

Roofy dropped in here on his way back to Vic and spoke of seeing Silver and how pleased he was to see you blokes visit him.

Similar thing happened when I last saw my father-in-law, left him in good spirits for the last time.

Sounds that is what you all did, and that is absolutely awsome.

My thoughts go out to you all; family, friends, forum buddies he met in person and online. You all are part of his life and he is part of yours.

RIP Silver.

my third 256
21st October 2012, 07:55 PM
rip thanks for all the great suport you have given to the forum
may you rest in peace
happy 4x4 in your next life
doo the mods you have always wanted to do
you are always in our hearts
stephen
our thoughts are with your family

Sir Roofy
21st October 2012, 08:04 PM
R.i.p rick was an honour to have met you

roofy and jane

MudRunnerTD
21st October 2012, 10:08 PM
Damn! I am just seeing this for the first time.

My sincerest condolences to Ricks family. Wow! Silver! Damn! Alway a good solid intelligent thoughtful contribution to our community.

Farewell mate, travel well R.I.P.

wildgu6
21st October 2012, 11:05 PM
It sadens me to say fairwell to a top bloke.
May you now be at peace Rick, you will be truely missed.

Regretfully, my sincerest condolences To Fran and family, and Ricks close friends,
My thoughts are with you all. Stay strong and be there for one another.

Scotty as you were obviously the closest member to Rick and his Family,
I know how draining a fight like this can be both mentally and physically as well as financially,
Would i be out of line suggesting we take a up collection on behalf of NISSANPATROL.com to help Fran and Eliza out through this stressful time.
Just a thought as i know first hand how draining it can be.

B & Pete

Tappn the App Beers on Tap

DX grunt
22nd October 2012, 03:09 AM
My sincere condolences to Fran and family.

Rest in peace.

Rossco

hekarewe
22nd October 2012, 04:55 AM
unfortunatly i only got to meet rick a few times but in those short couple of times we wheeled together hunted and shared a few drinks thoughts and opinions. to say that i admired his inner strenghts would an understatement and i had hoped that macca and myself would have been able to get rick out for one more hunt but alas it was not to be.

rest in peace rick you will always be remembered and in our thoughts you will live forever

to fran and the family our deepest sympathy and our thoughts are with you all in this time RIP Rick

MC97GQ
22nd October 2012, 06:59 AM
I would also like to extend my condolences to Rick's family,

I never had the pleasure of meeting Rick but I always valued his contributions to this community.

Rest in peace mate you will be missed.

Mark

katwoman
22nd October 2012, 10:58 AM
This type of news breaks our hearts.
Rick was a great bloke, you could tell just from one meeting.
Our thoughts are with Fran and Eliza.
Rick, just so you know, the tent is on its way to Victoria and we'll set it up just to give you something to laugh at.
Kat, Steve and Emily

choppie
22nd October 2012, 11:10 AM
R.I.P. Rick, from another who did not have the good fortune to meet you.
May the Patrol Gods always be at your side mate.
Col

taslucas
22nd October 2012, 12:00 PM
Goodbye Rick. Thankyou for all the help. It would gave been great to meet. May you rest in piece mate.

ozzymalone
22nd October 2012, 12:42 PM
RIP Rick. It would have been great to meet you but alas,...... Thank you for you advice and contributions. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Timbo
22nd October 2012, 02:31 PM
RIP Rick.
Condolences to his family.

Timmo
22nd October 2012, 11:01 PM
RIP Rick.

Condolences to your family.

chester
2nd November 2012, 06:16 PM
So sad to read of this news R.I.P mate.
Patrol gods take care of our beloved member.
My condolence's to Fran and family.

Dinger
6th November 2012, 12:59 AM
R.I.P Rick
Would have great to meet you you were a wealth of knowledge and always helpful
My condolences to your family

rainman01
6th November 2012, 06:50 PM
R.I.P. Mate, and sincerest condolences to the family.

Robo
24th November 2012, 10:44 AM
To Fran and the Family our deepest sympathy and our thoughts are with you.
It is obvious here, Rick was a Man held in high regard.
The positives are as threedogs said "is that dash, 1944 - 2012".
Reflection of the good and bad times spent with our Friends and Family will ease our sorrows, and in the end put a smile on our faces.

Cheers to Rick.

Finly Owner
2nd December 2012, 01:55 AM
Fran, I know Rick only wanted us to celebrate his life, and we will always remeber him as a gentleman here. I know we will also continue to see you as part of our forum family. I may not have not got to know Rick really well, but, any of us who have been to a forum meet at Scott and Sandras, know we are all friends.

Rest In Peace Rick.

Tim

MEGOMONSTER
9th December 2012, 10:13 PM
Has anyone spoken to Silvers family, just to see how their going. And that we still think if him. Cos it is hard when you lose your own member of your family.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

lorrieandjas
9th December 2012, 10:14 PM
Hey mate - nice thought.

Jas

BigRAWesty
23rd October 2013, 10:14 AM
One year has passed already, Monday just gone.
Its gone so quick.
I was thinking of some flowers for Rick's Family from the forum.
We just need a member who knew Rick's family to deliver, or organise something.
Ill put $10 towards it.

NissanGQ4.2
23rd October 2013, 11:00 AM
RIP Rick,

I still come across your posts and every time I see one I wish I had the opportunity 2 meet you before your passing. May you be watching over us all

NP99
24th October 2013, 12:17 AM
I never had the good fortune to meet Rick and this site is full of praise for him. What about as part of his passing he should be celebrated here with some pics and stories of the guys that knew him. I'm sure there would be some good adventure stories to tell :)

Clunk
24th October 2013, 02:15 AM
R.I.P Rick. Your level headedness and input on here is sorely missed. One member I'd dearly loved to have met. My thoughts are with Fran and family.

AB
29th September 2014, 06:13 PM
Hi folks,

Another year has passed and we would like to keep the tradition going by giving Fran some flowers.

I will be using the money that the forum sponsors have generously given to the forum for this so we are not asking for money, only to remember him in coming weeks.

Some of the newer members would not have known nor even met Rick but take some time to read this post and some of his other invaluable threads to the forum.

Ill keep this updated with our gift and more information in coming weeks.

jack
29th September 2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks AB, I never met Rick but he was the first person to welcome me to the forum when I joined. I made a point of reading all his posts.

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2014, 08:16 PM
Good on you AB, I often see posts from Silver.

I'd like to suggest changing his status under his name to say R.I.P. and/or something in his sig line to advise members who read his posts that he has passed. It will help some reflect on what a great contribution he made.

NissanGQ4.2
29th September 2014, 08:28 PM

I'd like to suggest changing his status under his name to say R.I.P. and/or something in his sig line to advise members who read his posts that he has passed. It will help some reflect on what a great contribution he made.

Have on many occasions when seeing a post from Rick thought about changing his status to R.I.P, but didn't really know who 2 ask if it would be ok 2 do

NP99
29th September 2014, 08:43 PM

That's a great idea. Plus it informs new people Silver has passed on and are unable to correspond with him.

BigRAWesty
29th September 2014, 09:16 PM
Another year. Where are they going.
From what I've heard from mainly Scotty, Rick was a top bloke and taken way to early.
I think yea his title be changed as I have seen a couple of new people quite him or ask a question.

Anyway good to see it being made an anual thing AB. And thanks for taking it on.

AB
30th September 2014, 06:33 AM
Great idea gents.

What would everyone like written on his signature?

BigRAWesty
30th September 2014, 09:51 AM
R.I.P Champion

Was thinking of that last night

Sir Roofy
30th September 2014, 09:58 AM
R.i.p silver a true gentleman of this forum
and a friend of many here

threedogs
30th September 2014, 10:02 AM
Popped Silver a couple of PMs always ready with info,
A gentleman in the true sense not many around,,,,R.I.P.

NP99
30th September 2014, 06:03 PM
Great idea gents.

What would everyone like written on his signature?

RIP - valued member and contributer

AB
30th September 2014, 06:18 PM
I have changed Ricks user title to reflect on some of the comments above.

For some bizarre reason his signature is not working so I will need to get into his account to do this which I always said I would never go into peoples accounts on the forum but in this situation I think an exception can be made.

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2014, 06:22 PM

For some bizarre reason his signature is not working so I will need to get into his account to do this which I always said I would never go into peoples accounts on the forum but in this situation I think an exception can be made.

Cheers AB can you link his profile here too mate.

Maybe some may choose to make a visitors note on his wall. could make a nice tribute if it is not there already.

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2014, 06:26 PM
www.nissanpatrol.com.au - forum member # 2044 - Silver R.I.P. (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?2044-Silver)

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2014, 06:29 PM

Looks good AB, nice that you left his little quote in the Sig line too.

AB
30th September 2014, 06:32 PM
Looks good AB, nice that you left his little quote in the Sig line too.

Thanks mate, it does work....Perfect!

Yeah, thats his signature mate, his little thought he wanted to share so gotta let that stay there indeed.

Woof
30th September 2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks AB, looks good mate

Clunk
30th September 2014, 06:47 PM
nice one guys

MEGOMONSTER
30th September 2014, 06:48 PM
Perfect. Well said. R.I.P Silver.

NissanGQ4.2
30th September 2014, 06:58 PM
I have put a link to this page on his visitor page as well

R.I.P Rick, sadly missed, never forgotten

AB
18th October 2014, 06:42 PM
Thoughts on what to write on the card folks?

I came up with this but happy for suggestions or feedback, this is our gift to Fran so let me know?

A time to remember on this date
A wonderful man, our online mate!

We hope these flowers brighten your day Fran.

With all of our love to you
from NissanPatrol.com.au

Stropp
18th October 2014, 07:01 PM
Sounds good to me AB

BigRAWesty
18th October 2014, 08:21 PM
Nice mate. Sounds good

Winnie
18th October 2014, 08:40 PM
Thumbs up AB, sounds good.

growler2058
18th October 2014, 09:26 PM
Spot on cock

AB
22nd October 2014, 06:25 AM
Flowers were sent yesterday, ill chase up a pic of what we sent...

AB
20th October 2015, 06:04 PM
Hard to believe that it has been 3 years tomorrow of the passing of a highly valued member Rick (silver).

Our thoughts are still with you old mate from our forum!

Please take the time tomorrow folks to remember Rick and for those that weren't on the forum back then, you missed out on a good bloke who helped a many on here and a many who called him a mate!

RIP Rick!

Dhuck
20th October 2015, 07:16 PM
A great man with a lovely family. Still with me now and for ever.

BigRAWesty
21st October 2015, 06:09 AM
Wish I had the chance to meet Rick as it sounds and shows in his contributions to the forum that the man had a heart of gold..
Taken way to early. .
RIP

rusty_nail
21st October 2015, 07:21 AM
AB, are we doing flowers this year? im happy to throw in some money, its nice to be able to send my regards to someone who contributed so much to this awesome place

AB
21st October 2015, 07:59 AM
AB, are we doing flowers this year? im happy to throw in some money, its nice to be able to send my regards to someone who contributed so much to this awesome place I want to mate but I am unsure if Fran still lives there?

I'm not after a thank you or anything from her but I just never found out if she got the last ones we sent and would hope we arn't sending flowers to someone else that's all.

AB
21st October 2015, 04:00 PM
R.I.P Rick!

Does anyone know if Fran still lives at the same house we have sent flowers previous years?

Although it will be late I think it will still be appreciated?

Thoughts?

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2015, 04:32 PM
R.I.P Rick, gone but never forgotten.

This beer is for you

BigRAWesty
21st October 2015, 05:39 PM
R.I.P Rick!

Does anyone know if Fran still lives at the same house we have sent flowers previous years?

Although it will be late I think it will still be appreciated?

Thoughts?
For sure mate. If we can confirm the address I say send for sure..

Clunk
21st October 2015, 09:00 PM
R.I.P Rick, and true gentleman of the forum

Winnie
21st October 2015, 09:09 PM
RIP Rick, it's a shame I never got to meet you

AB
22nd October 2015, 09:28 AM
Can anyone please help me and pm me Frans address?

I can't find it

Yendor
22nd October 2015, 09:56 AM
Have you tried Scotty?

AB
22nd October 2015, 10:50 AM
Have you tried Scotty? No I haven't but Westy has sorted me out, cheers Rodney.

Would you mind getting in touch and finding us the address?

BigRAWesty
22nd October 2015, 01:00 PM
Hopefully I still have it

hekarewe
17th April 2016, 08:44 AM
guess who turn up on the Wonded heroes charity bush bash and competed in the creek crawl event Rick would have had a smile watching this.

BigRAWesty
17th April 2016, 01:56 PM
guess who turn up on the Wonded heroes charity bush bash and competed in the creek crawl event Rick would have had a smile watching this.
Ow awesome stuff. Did you manage to find out the owner?

hekarewe
17th April 2016, 03:45 PM
Ow awesome stuff. Did you manage to find out the owner?

yes met the owners the name evades me now but they were the people that picked it up from Scotty's place after Rick passed on

BigRAWesty
17th April 2016, 03:47 PM
yes met the owners the name evades me now but they were the people that picked it up from Scotty's place after Rick passed on
Yea cool.. didn't know if scotty's young fella ended up with it or not.
But good to see its still rolling..