PDA

View Full Version : antiroll bar

audiman
21st October 2012, 01:30 PM
during my tyre swap out yesterday i was informed that the antiroll roll bar
tiebars had a lot of play in them i have seen on ebay that i can buy standard ones for a few pounds uk money

was wondering if there are quick release ones available so that when on pay and play sites I could disconnect the front anti rollbar and get some more articulation ithink in Aus you call it the sway bar

its a swb 260 series with the l28 carb petrol on a 92 vintage

cheers

Lee:biggrin:

taslucas
21st October 2012, 01:47 PM
Hi mate. Yep they are available, we call them sway bar disconnects. Usually just have a removable pin letting them disconnect. Sorry i dont have any links for them at the moment but they are out there:)

nickpeacock36
21st October 2012, 01:51 PM
I used to just disconnect and cable tie one side of the connecing rods to the sway bar which is a 5 minute job on the front bar but have now removed the front and rear sway bars altogether.
I was told the sway bar disconnects that you can buy can be fiddly to re connect.

audiman
21st October 2012, 01:58 PM
not sure it would pass it mot if the arb is removed in the uk this is a yearly test that all cars have to have
if the mechanical data says it should have one fitted then it has to be installed so diconnects may be the way to go

cheers

Lee

threedogs
21st October 2012, 02:33 PM
Old rock and a hard place question again ,pay and play, really, sounds like QLD lol

taslucas
21st October 2012, 02:51 PM
heres a link for GQ and GU sway bar disconnects:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Y61-GU-Patrol-Front-Sway-Bar-Disconnect-extension-links-3-Lift-/300691032956?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4602950b7c

nickpeacock36
21st October 2012, 03:27 PM
Im from UK originally so know all about mot. It wouldnt pass a roadworthy here either but if it has to i will put them back on. not saying its the best idea but plenty people here do it. just unbolt one side as i said earlier. that way its free and makes a huge difference.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

MQ MAD
19th December 2012, 04:32 PM
during my tyre swap out yesterday i was informed that the antiroll roll bar
tiebars had a lot of play in them i have seen on ebay that i can buy standard ones for a few pounds uk money

was wondering if there are quick release ones available so that when on pay and play sites I could disconnect the front anti rollbar and get some more articulation ithink in Aus you call it the sway bar

its a swb 260 series with the l28 carb petrol on a 92 vintage

cheers

Lee:biggrin:

Most just totally remove the front sway bars goin the spring lifts on a leafy suspension rig
When doin that the swaybar vertical connectors come off
Theres heaps of MQ/MKs running around with no front sway bar .....

90mav
28th December 2012, 08:42 AM
I just removed mine alltogether. Better off road and very little noticeable difference in body roll on road. One interesting change was that since the front did roll a little more it tends to turn in a bit stronger and the result was a bit more oversteer if I pushed it hard thru corners. Gave me a fright the first time!