PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 DI are they realy that bad?

paulyg
21st October 2012, 09:17 AM
Got back from two weeks at the Flinders Ranges, saw a lot of Grey Nomads in patrols towing big vans and a lot of them were ZD30 DI, when ever I saw one I would look for gauges to see if they had boost or EGT, not one did.
That got me thinking, these Nomads would be towing these big vans all over the country not worrying about the EGT or over boosting, or even aware that they are supposed to have this unreliable grenade under the bonnet.
So my question is could we on these forums only ever hear about motors with problems making it seem worse than it is.

Maxhead
21st October 2012, 09:23 AM
Yep 100%, forums are usually an avenue for people with issues to vent so on here the real issues are exaggerated. There is 1000's of these vehicles out there with out any problems and lots are unaware there was an issue with the early 3.0l.
I've seen 1000's of early Patrol 3.0 l towing and unaware there was a problem and all very happy with them.

ova50
21st October 2012, 09:40 AM
I am one of those Grey Nomads, most greys as well as non greys I have met along the way have not seemed to have any problem.
More the opposite if anything, most give them a good wrap up.

threedogs
21st October 2012, 10:24 AM
I thought you said grey gonads, LOL , anyway. NADS is just a great preventative measure. after first buying my 04, I noticed straight away there was nothing to tell me when things would happen. only a dash light would come on after. Fitting guages seemed the right thing to do. If I had my way I'd fit more so I'd know whats going on. Plenty of other model and makes have problems but not as much hoo hah, new Hilux for one are blowing up but you never hear it, 200s going through oil like a Saudi refinery. I'll stick with my 04 Di, ,,, AND LOVING IT

ova50
21st October 2012, 10:30 AM
I thought you said grey gonads,

:harhar::harhar::harhar::harhar::harhar::harhar::h arhar:
Friend uses gay nomads, :harhar: