PDA

View Full Version : Installing Third Row of Seats in 2008 GU Patrol

alliejack
19th October 2012, 01:39 PM
Hi All

Just bought a 2008 GU Patrol & as it only has 5 seats we are looking into whether or not we should put a third row of seats in it. The extra $12K for a 7 seater didn't seem worth it.

My dad has a 1990 Patrol that has the third row of seats & he doesn't use them, does anyone know if its possible to use them & just get new seat belts??

Also any recomendations on installers, we are in Central West/Blue Mountains NSW.

Thanks in advance.
Sarah

Bob
19th October 2012, 01:41 PM
almost all of the Patrol owners that I know have pulled out the third row to achieve more space in the rear for Camping equip etc.

Jock
19th October 2012, 02:05 PM
The seats from the old truck may have to be modified to fit the new vehicle. That would need engineers approval by the DMV. You may also have insuarance issues with seats from another model/vehicle. Check ebay and this forum for suitable 2008 seats.

threedogs
19th October 2012, 02:51 PM
X 2 with both above answers. Mine are down the tip. plus a big job if the 4x4 never had them std, all new seat belt mounting brackets would need fabricating.
This is not a cheap exercise, cost for the seats is minimum as Bob stated, most people remove them to get more room

Did the 4x4 originally have rear seats that were removed, it would be on VIN plate saying seats 7

Squalo
19th October 2012, 03:07 PM
To fit third row to a vehicle that didn't come factory-fitted with them, you need to weld the mounting points onto the rear wheel-arches. It's been done before, I think the doer cut the metal bits he needed out of a wrecked Patrol.

threedogs
19th October 2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah from memory it was only recently too, best bet would be to check the search engine

my third 256
19th October 2012, 04:53 PM
Hi All

Just bought a 2008 GU Patrol & as it only has 5 seats we are looking into whether or not we should put a third row of seats in it. The extra $12K for a 7 seater didn't seem worth it.

My dad has a 1990 Patrol that has the third row of seats & he doesn't use them, does anyone know if its possible to use them & just get new seat belts??

Also any recomendations on installers, we are in Central West/Blue Mountains NSW.

Thanks in advance.
Sarah
isit a dx or st that will give us the infomation needed the gq seats not worth the trouble gu seats are very cheep on ebay
found these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/nissan-gu-patrol-third-row-seats-/170924176190?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cbdff33e

pickers
19th October 2012, 07:17 PM
i have some brand new ones i ripped out my gu 8 sitting in the shed you can buy cheap

Steve4wdin
20th October 2012, 11:06 AM
I to have brand new seats out of 2011 ST you can have free just come down the hill and collect. Or I will do what Three dogs has done. PM me if you want them

alliejack
25th October 2012, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the replies, sorry I am late getting back, had a week off to study for uni exams.

We get the car today, so I will know more then.