PDA

View Full Version : Side window issue

gf0012-aust
8th November 2010, 07:14 PM
I've got an 89 LWB and am looking to get rid of the sliding windows and replace them with solids.

does anyone know if anyone in the ACT already makes these, and approx costs?

YNOT
8th November 2010, 08:41 PM
Talk to your local glazier, if they don't make them on site they will know where to get them.

Tony

Finly Owner
10th November 2010, 12:44 AM
There is a set on ebay for sale and yes you can post them as I have done b4.

gf0012-aust
10th November 2010, 06:11 PM
There is a set on ebay for sale and yes you can post them as I have done b4.

Thanks for this! :)

Dazza
13th November 2010, 03:41 PM
G`Day gf0012-aust. I recently got rid of my side sliding windows for solids. Nissan wanted $350.00 ea for new seals !!!!, when you take them out there is a metal frame fitted inside the rubber window seal.
I got onto a windscreen guy in Sunbury Vic. He had already cut the solid windows to size before even seeing my GQ. He came out on the day & fitted the solids with excellent quality rubber seals. total cost brand new glass
& rubber fitted $300.00. I`m sure there would be someone in Canberra that could do this.

gf0012-aust
13th November 2010, 06:25 PM
G`Day gf0012-aust. I recently got rid of my side sliding windows for solids. Nissan wanted $350.00 ea for new seals !!!!, when you take them out there is a metal frame fitted inside the rubber window seal.
I got onto a windscreen guy in Sunbury Vic. He had already cut the solid windows to size before even seeing my GQ. He came out on the day & fitted the solids with excellent quality rubber seals. total cost brand new glass
& rubber fitted $300.00. I`m sure there would be someone in Canberra that could do this.

I'm going to ring up the local windscreens obrien and see what they charge. I picked up the LWG troll last night and she has the dreaded cancer along the bottom sliding rails.