PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here fitted a ZD30 Common rail to a 2001ish model?

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 10:20 AM
im having wiring being great issues with wiring being different, stuff it negatively switched on the CRd but positively switched on the DDTi car...
my blinker relays are going apeshit,
good news is, the power mirrors work...

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 10:22 AM
oh, my heater fan blew the fuse instantly when turned on ( im guessing another negatively witched circuit)
the Sub tank circuit is mind boggling

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 10:23 AM
update on issues.
all of the power windows work except the drivers door.
and central locking dont work.

Yendor
19th October 2012, 11:11 AM
All those circuits are body related, they shouldn't have anything to do with you doing an engine swap.

I'm guessing you may have connected a plug incorrectly or have damaged a harness somewhere.

I would start by double checking all the harness and the main body earths. The battery is connected the right way?

Is the engine running?

tecdiverdude
20th October 2012, 08:15 AM
In order for the new engine to operate you have to replace the dash wiring loom, front engine bay loom at a minimum... As the crd uses can bus... All the plugs are different and the engine won't start without those looms..

my third 256
20th October 2012, 09:07 AM
would have been cheeper to replace the hole car

nissannewby
20th October 2012, 09:13 AM
You will need a ute ECM too as the utes don't have nats.

tecdiverdude
20th October 2012, 10:03 AM
replacing the whole car isnt really an option with a blown motor.. what do you do to recover the cost in the old vehicle?
I have the Ute ECU. should be no issues with the engine running... its all the stuff on the body thats givin me strife now

Yendor
20th October 2012, 10:38 AM
A previous thread I have read on this conversion they left the dash harness original and grafted it to the new engine harness. They just run the extra wires for the accelerator petal etc...

The indicator circuit switches power. Your blinker relay is probably blinking fast because there is not enough load on it (some/all of your outside lights aren't working).

You will need to follow the circuits and test.

It might be the case that your new dash harness is not compatible with some of your old switches or other body harness, you may need to change wire positions in connectors.

Where abouts are you?