PDA

View Full Version : Cappy

Cappy
19th October 2012, 11:16 AM
Hopefully a simple problem! Whenever I park my 2004 GU with the nose higher than the back (ie on a slope) the water pours out of the rear window washer nozzle. It will empty the bottle in about 5 minutes. I've been told there is a one-way valve in the washer water-hose which sticks and can cause the problem but no-one has been able to tell me where the valve is. The washer works fine normally. Does anyone here have any clues? Thanks.

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 11:26 AM
A one way valve wont help, as the water is travelling the same way as the water needs to go when under pressure
My bet would be there is a pressure shutoff valve (ball bearing held in place by a spring) that needs the pressure of the pump to overcome it and let water through.

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 11:27 AM
on the old XF flacons, it was built into the pump.
I would take the pump off... blast it with the airline, and put it back, I'd say it has a bit of crud in it.

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 11:28 AM
hope that helps

Bigrig
19th October 2012, 11:30 AM
My GQ does the same thing even post swapping the washer bottle and both forward and rear motors/pumps??

Very confused .... lol

Cappy
19th October 2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks Techdiverdude...maybe it was my terminology but you're probably right about a pressure valve because the rear washer works fine when there's water in the bottle. I have removed the bottle but could see any valve/switch which wasn't fully sealed. I'll remove again and get some air through and hopefully it might clear. Cheers

Cappy
20th October 2012, 09:41 PM
Found the problem!!! Must admit, I didn't, but the good people at my local diesel autoshop did....there is a pressure valve behind the rear door panel which had some crap in it. Blew it out and now good as gold. Wasn't the washer bottle after all that but thanks anyway to all those who responded.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 09:49 PM
Sounds like another happy ending, any chance of a pic at some stage so members will know what to look for.