PDA

View Full Version : 286/75 16's tyres which one

macca86
18th October 2012, 08:27 AM
I'm due for new tyres I have decided on size now brand and tread pattern. I want a mud but most of my driving is black top so I've decided an aggressive at will do. I had a talk to the tyre shop and narrowed it down to micky t atz 4 rib and falken wildpeak at. He reckons both are great and both are 365 a corner. He was pushing the falken as its new technology and better than the mt atz. What are your thoughts?

Maxhead
18th October 2012, 08:38 AM
I'm due for new tyres I have decided on size now brand and tread pattern. I want a mud but most of my driving is black top so I've decided an aggressive at will do. I had a talk to the tyre shop and narrowed it down to micky t atz 4 rib and falken wildpeak at. He reckons both are great and both are 365 a corner. He was pushing the falken as its new technology and better than the mt atz. What are your thoughts?

Hey mate, I was going the ATZ 4 rib my self but ended up with BF Goodrich muds as Jaxs are running a special for $320 a pop. Might be worth considering

nissannewby
18th October 2012, 08:58 AM
Km2's if you can otherwise the ATZ

threedogs
18th October 2012, 09:04 AM
MTZ 4 rib great all rounder

Bigrig
18th October 2012, 09:31 AM
MTZ 4 rib great all rounder

You mean ATZ 4 Rib?

Agreed - the Mickey T ATZ 4 Rib is about the best compromise tyre I've ever had ... thoroughly recommend them ...

04OFF
18th October 2012, 11:03 AM

X2.

I dont know much about falkens, tho the ATZs just look better, but KM2s look 10 times better than both of those, plus from what ive read, KM2s appear to have the best road manners for a mud tyre, plus work very well in mud.

Winnie
18th October 2012, 11:10 AM

Gonna second that. Haven't used any of these tyres but seen the KM2s in action and they are great in the mud, quiet and grippy on road. Never seen the 4 ribs though but BigRig rates them!

macca86
18th October 2012, 11:57 AM
interesting I'll have to price them up a bit more after I do my belt belt tensioner and pully as they snapped last night

Bigrig
18th October 2012, 12:13 PM
X2.

I dont know much about falkens, tho the ATZs just look better, but KM2s look 10 times better than both of those, plus from what ive read, KM2s appear to have the best road manners for a mud tyre, plus work very well in mud.

What would you know!! There again, you had plenty of opportunity to inspect your tyres when they were facing the sky!!! lmao

Yep, seen the KM2's in action, seen and owned the ATZ 4 Rib, and the only comment I could make is the owner of the KM2's (a member on here - cant remember who though) suggested they are softer and whilst road wear was ok, they sliced up and lost rubber easily on shaly rock work ...

The ATZ 4 Rib is a bit more aggressive for a supposed all terrain also ... sort of in between a mud and an AT, offering the best of both worlds. Their on road manners was simply awesome - great in wet and dry, no real noise to speak of, and even wear ... Finly has them on his truck now, and I think he's pretty stoked with them also (99.9% on road usage).

04OFF
18th October 2012, 01:28 PM
What would you know!! There again, you had plenty of opportunity to inspect your tyres when they were facing the sky!!! lmao

Bwahaaaa ! , classic........ but now i think about, how much cooler would those pics look if i had set of KM2s, no really :eck05: (lmfao)

Bigrig
18th October 2012, 01:30 PM
Bwahaaaa ! , classic........ but now i think about, how much cooler would those pics look if i had set of KM2s, no really :eck05: (lmfao)

Über cool indeed!!!! LMFAO

lhurley
19th October 2012, 04:17 PM
Ive got a set of 33" ATZ 4 rib on my truck now.
Im pretty happy with them to be honest. From what i have seen they clean the mud reasonably well and handle loose dirt/off road with ease, and as for on road i cant really fault them.

I dont have any experience with the km2s, they do look nicer, but im happy with my ATZ's.

lachlan

MEGOMONSTER
19th October 2012, 04:28 PM
I think will be going Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib rather then MTZ.

Jack taps here...........

macca86
19th October 2012, 08:09 PM
kinda liking the look of the micky t F-C 2