PDA

View Full Version : Obd2

Petenank
16th October 2012, 01:41 PM
Hi all i am new on here but any way i have a 2006 pre common rail 3Lt and i am trying to get a obd2 Interface.
can any one help me as i have a fault that very so often motor shuts down and have spent small fortune at dealers.
Thanks

threedogs
16th October 2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Pete, you might want to post an intro before asking questions.
Just something the Forum asks of everyone, that way we get to know a bit about you and your ride
Sounds like it may be going into overboost, Someone with a Cr will be along soon. Start researching NADS

Petenank
16th October 2012, 05:40 PM
ok thanks mate

DSzuke
16th October 2012, 06:00 PM
You might have to look at an "ECUTalk" for a Di motor.

NissanGQ4.2
16th October 2012, 08:13 PM
I have moved you thread under: Mechanical - Auto Electrical - On-Board Diagnostics

Cheers

Toddie

CorbinsGUte
16th October 2012, 10:00 PM
Hey i just bought a Bluetooth plug that plugs into the plug undercover steering wheel that connects to my Samsung galaxy phone . The app is called Torque . Apparently it can show faults and everything that a scan gauge would show .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rumcajs
10th November 2012, 02:37 PM
It is important to consider that Torque app for Android can only connect/communicate with OBDII compliant systems. Pre 2007 (non CrD) aka Di are not compliant. Use Consult II compliant software (like ECU Talk or Nisstune) and Consult interface/plug adapter to ODBII interface. Its Nissan's BS again, plug looks like OBDII but it is not compliant it is still Consult port.
Cheers