PDA

View Full Version : Door above radio

shakey55
16th October 2012, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know how to get the little door off. The one that sits above the radio in a GU Patrol

'shakey'

NissanGQ4.2
22nd October 2012, 07:35 PM
Have put this into the correct section shakey,

Did you manage to get the cover off???

Yendor
22nd October 2012, 08:12 PM
You need to remove the trim from around the radio.

You will then see 2 screws (from memory it was 2 screws) at the bottom of the facia, the rest of the facia is held in by clips, gentle but firmly pull the facia towards you.

You need to remove this whole facia including the air vents. Once it's out turn it over and remove the screws that hold the storage box into the facia.

Then just remove the opening mechanism and pins that hold the lid on.

shakey55
5th November 2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks. I'll give it a go

'shakey'

schanmala
5th November 2012, 06:15 PM
Some advice I got when i removed mine to install gauges:

"there's a small tongue that fits tightly into a grove below the dash padding at the centre top of the plactic frame, it's a tight fit but that's probably the only tongue that's holding you up? gently prize/lift the dash padding away from each side & work your way up & toward that centre tongue, gently lift the entire plactic frame from the bottom up toward the roof & pull down gently at the same time, but don't lift up more than 30 degress from the vertical or you could snap that centre tongue, when the sides & top of the plastic frame are free of the dash padding & when you have lifted it, you may need to wiggle the plastic frame gently from side to side to get that centre tongue free. At least you removed the 3 screws first, took me several sprays of choice words trying to remove that frame before I noticed those 3 screws, lol"

Good luck
Scott

shakey55
24th November 2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks everyone

I think I'll find another location

'shakey'

threedogs
24th November 2012, 11:18 PM
Got me beat I've got a GU and can't figure out where this door is, can't be meds again can it......???????

MudRunnerTD
24th November 2012, 11:25 PM
Got me beat I've got a GU and can't figure out where this door is, can't be meds again can it......???????

Lol. The lucky door arrived in the GUIV. Do you have a III or a IV? In the GUIV Nissan put the GPS in the top centre of the dash. If you did not get the GPS option you got a little lift up door and small glove box.

threedogs
24th November 2012, 11:39 PM
Thank god for that. now have to go find my meds again, no mines only an 04, obviously no little door.
None of that info was in question. now I'm a mind reader lol