PDA

View Full Version : Handling

guy forks
8th November 2010, 07:53 AM
Would i be right in saying most people on the forum take there patrols of road.So most of the modifications are to suspension and tyres.I myself just like to drive it on the road,that's not to say i haven't been of road with it.I find my patrol a hand full in the wet.especially in corners.I don't know how many times i have lost the front end.Is this normal on patrols or is it down to the tyres i am running

patch697
8th November 2010, 10:21 AM
It will be a tyre issue me thinks.............. I have no problems with mine in the wet but if this is your first 4WD you will have already gathered thay are nothing like a car to drive & your driving style should be adjusted accordingly as well............just my thoughts anyway & I hope thay help.

guy forks
8th November 2010, 11:15 AM
Yes it is my first 4wd.I have driving a lot of stuff but this is the worst in the wet.If the road is any way greasy its a handfull

patch697
8th November 2010, 11:31 AM
Let some of the other members have some feed back on this issue as well so you as much info on it as possible but If I was you I would be looking at some new tyres asap.

YNOT
8th November 2010, 11:48 AM
I agree, definitely sounds like a tyre issue. Get a wheel alignment done as well to make sure there are no issues there.

Tony

guy forks
9th November 2010, 02:24 AM
Thanks for all the advice.definitely have to stop driving it like a car.

Finly Owner
9th November 2010, 11:30 PM
I think for Ireland you should go to a reputable tyre dealer and look for road tyres they recommend for your four wheel drive in the cooler climates. Tyre compositions do change to meet diferent country climate conditons. (believe it or not)

beansathome
13th November 2010, 04:08 PM
i get the tail out prety easy in the wet when im taking off on a corner in my 3L gu the lsd is really strong ( but thats expected in the wet) as every one has sad u have 2 change your driving style.
you are driving a car with the aerodynamics of a brick and a high center of graverty.

NissanGQ4.2
13th November 2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the advice.definitely have to stop driving it like a car.

maybe i should stop driving my 4b likes its a stolen car 2! *L*

YNOT
13th November 2010, 05:46 PM
Drive it like a rent-a-car instead Todd...........
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/tonyh01/100_0245Medium.jpg

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
13th November 2010, 06:03 PM
yeh i read that post, its the only way to go 4wd Tony, use someone elses *LMAO*

tariadamar
15th November 2010, 09:10 PM
i would have to agree that some tires stick better than others. but i have never lost the front end of my car. they stick i can get it sidways in the wet. however the new bf muddies stick way better than their last ones. and my dad just change to bf allterains compared to some bridgestone high way and they stick way better onroad and the bridgestones were only half worn.