PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal

MEGOMONSTER
15th October 2012, 04:45 PM
I have a 2011 GU 3lt with DP set on 6 and 3" Taipan zorst and this morning I noticed splatter on the garage floor from the exhaust.
Is this sort of normal for a diesel or is it from the chip or the exhaust or something more sinister.

Jack taps here...........

nissannewby
15th October 2012, 05:35 PM
Carbon and condensation then blown out the exhaust on start up will do. Is it a sticky oily typpe substance or just black spots?

MEGOMONSTER
15th October 2012, 05:50 PM
Not really oily but like black coal dust quite dense, I guess it smell like diesel fumes.

nissannewby
15th October 2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah it will just be carbon and water from condensation. Mine does the same after going through water or a wash and the carbon makes a hell of mess of my passenger side rear spring from where my exhaust dumps.

threedogs
15th October 2012, 06:17 PM
Nothing to worry about Mego, Chips up high any reason ??

megatexture
15th October 2012, 06:52 PM
Mine will do that but only when towing if you turn the chip down it will reduce it, when mine does it there's unburnt diesel in the mix when it's fresh

MEGOMONSTER
15th October 2012, 07:03 PM
Nothing to worry about Mego, Chips up high any reason ??

I had it on 7 for awhile turned it down to six. Should I go down to 5.

megatexture
15th October 2012, 07:07 PM
Try it do some fuel calcs and see what's better I'd doubt you will feel the difference between a few numbers there's a point your putting in excess fuel that's not helping have you had a tune since getting all the gear fitted?

MEGOMONSTER
15th October 2012, 08:08 PM
I definitely noticed when I changed to 3 on the chip. Economy went up power went down noticeably.

megatexture
15th October 2012, 08:28 PM
would be intersting to see a readout of stock 1,2,3,4etc to see the diffrence. but the diffrence from 5-3 may be verry close to 7-3 just wth better economy

threedogs
15th October 2012, 08:31 PM
You'll over fuel big time anytime after 6, heaps of black smoke, Set mine at 5 no smoke at all except puff at start up,

MEGOMONSTER
15th October 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm up for my 25k service at Nissan.
Should I take out the DPchip and replace it when I get it back or just leave it on and put it down to 1.

nissannewby
15th October 2012, 09:51 PM
Remove it for services bloke if they find it it will void your warranty.

threedogs
15th October 2012, 09:53 PM
Easy to remove, they may write it down if ever any issues occur later, give them nothing
They will blame it all on chip IMO

megatexture
15th October 2012, 09:57 PM
x2 i did that with mine also, they will look for every little excuse to get out of warranty make sure you dont give them one. and fingers x you wont need to make a claim. not sure on a dpchip but i think it was an easy one to remove like my steinbauer chip takes like 5-10 mins

MEGOMONSTER
16th October 2012, 09:44 PM
x2 i did that with mine also, they will look for every little excuse to get out of warranty make sure you dont give them one. and fingers x you wont need to make a claim. not sure on a dpchip but i think it was an easy one to remove like my steinbauer chip takes like 5-10 mins

Pretty sure I can just unplug it and reconnect to original

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 08:58 AM
Looks like its just carbon and unburnt fuel .. Staino exhausts expelled it more than mild steel also

MEGOMONSTER
19th October 2012, 05:07 PM
Good, so consensus is all is ok then.

my third 256
19th October 2012, 05:49 PM
x3 that is also what i did

threedogs
19th October 2012, 06:04 PM
So whats this car wont start business???

MEGOMONSTER
19th October 2012, 06:49 PM
So whats this car wont start business???
Random YouTube finds thread. Hilarious.

Yeeleh, my car won't start. Woop woop woop woop.
Bro, My car won't start.