PDA

View Full Version : Anyone travelled along the A7 recently (Dalby to Charters Towers)

zd30elgrande
15th October 2012, 03:19 PM
Just wondering what the road is like? I've heard that the Gympie highway is a nightmare with all the road works. A work mate took 9 hours just to get from Rocky to Brisbane. Should only be 6 to 6.5 hours.

dads tractor
24th October 2013, 11:53 PM
Came down in feb from the towers to emerald then back to morbah there are a lot of roos from dusk to 9am ish and the truckies use it a lot and the surface is a bit rough but not too bad. Good camp spot at Belyando crossing for a dry camp but we were fairly committed doing a trip from alice springs back to mackay in a 36 hr time frame.

gaddy
25th October 2013, 12:14 AM
I did brisbane to charleville the other week took adout 9 hrs only stopping for fuel . The toowoomba range is ordinary .1 lane down 2 up but both 40kph Toowoomba to dalby is 90kph with road works dalby to roma is a good run . Roma to charleville is full of road works each stop about ten minutes .

Steve

First Patrol
25th October 2013, 11:01 AM
Last week traveled Gladstone to brisbane took me 6 hours very few road works now mate