PDA

View Full Version : New... well second Hand Waeco CF50...

rochjas
14th October 2012, 08:52 PM
Just picked up a second hand Waeco CF50.... including bag and cables $250..... very happy camper here... Installed a 12v socket this arvo wired directly to my second battery..... everything seems to be running like a dream.... I am not wanting to install drawers in the rear... Can you guys give me any ideas as to how to secure it down....:xxxx:

MudRunnerTD
14th October 2012, 08:56 PM
Nice pick up mate. Make sure you put a fuse into the positive going to the back of your car for the fridge and I hope you used a decent sized wire as you will get a bit of voltage drop going to the back.

Highly recommend a fridge slide screwed down to the floor! You will never regret it.

MEGOMONSTER
14th October 2012, 08:56 PM
I just got mine tied down with tie down straps to the rear/rear seat holder brackets does the job and doesn't move around at all.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

threedogs
14th October 2012, 09:02 PM
X 2 with Runner hopefully you can pick up some bolt holes, if not use a
piece of plyboard as better chance of picking up holes then screw the slide to the
ply. I also have a transit base . I think thats what its called not sure if compatible with Waeco
but no need for turnbuckles or straps, I'll put a pic up tomorrow. great product

rochjas
14th October 2012, 09:13 PM
Nice pick up mate. Make sure you put a fuse into the positive going to the back of your car for the fridge and I hope you used a decent sized wire as you will get a bit of voltage drop going to the back.

Highly recommend a fridge slide screwed down to the floor! You will never regret it.

Hey Muddy..

Put a 15amp fuse into the positive ..... Fridge seems to be running well.... Fingers crossed lol ;)

The BigFella
14th October 2012, 10:19 PM
I also run a 50cf Waeco and have nothing but praise for it!
Works every day and cops a flogging when were on holidays. Keeps the beer oh so cold, we use it in the shed sometimes over Christmas and it works just dandy on the 240 inverter.
Ive got a false floor made out of marine ply and carpeted this with marine carpet, gives you a smooth floor and easier to screw your fridge slide down, bolted the ply down to the seat restraint points with 12mm bolts! Awesome bit of kit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

rochjas
15th October 2012, 08:04 AM
I also run a 50cf Waeco and have nothing but praise for it!
Works every day and cops a flogging when were on holidays. Keeps the beer oh so cold, we use it in the shed sometimes over Christmas and it works just dandy on the 240 inverter.
Ive got a false floor made out of marine ply and carpeted this with marine carpet, gives you a smooth floor and easier to screw your fridge slide down, bolted the ply down to the seat restraint points with 12mm bolts! Awesome bit of kit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sounds like the plan.. only trouble is that every now and then I reinstall the dickie seats and use them. Would love a drawer system, but would need to be easly to remove...

my third 256
15th October 2012, 08:07 AM
strap it down through handles and onto floor loops works for me
then i can remove it and put seats back in for the extended family

MudRunnerTD
15th October 2012, 09:14 AM
strap it down through handles and onto floor loops works for me
then i can remove it and put seats back in for the extended family

Hey My3rd, can you post a pic up for Roch so he knows how your setup works.

Cheers MR

threedogs
15th October 2012, 09:16 AM
Mine is bolted behind the driver, takes 2min to remove and fit rear seat if required,I've mounted it on ply with some carpet squares on top.
plenty of options,storage underneath for tool kit and jumper leads etc