PDA

View Full Version : Heater not working, had a cracked head and gasket blown.

Jamesandlizk
14th October 2012, 10:41 AM
Hi guys,
So it turns out my ovewrheating issues were in fact a blown gasket as well as a cracked head.
I have just purchased a new head along with replacing the radiator, water pump, thermostat full gasket kit etc.
My concern is that the heater has never worked in the car (I only had it 3 weeks before the head blew) and that this could be the underlying issue.
Any advice on why my heaters wouldn't be working and if this could be a contributing factor in the head cracking. Don't really want to spend all of this time and money to have the same thing happen again.
Cheers

threedogs
14th October 2012, 10:58 AM
Couldn't see the heater causing any problems as its just TEE'd off the water. They do block up ,shove a hose up it will come out like ,well mud [poo] if blocked.
then your heater is clear, one less thing.

Irvs
14th October 2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, just teed off your radiator so just pull the coil out and flush it with high pressure, will work a treat after that.

Jamesandlizk
14th October 2012, 11:20 AM
Cool.
Thanks for the hints guys. Any chance of a link showing a diagram of the heater core and where the coil i need to remove are located.
Cheers.
Also if I try this and the heater doesn't work, any suggestions on where to go from here?
Cheers once again for the advice.

threedogs
14th October 2012, 12:11 PM
It wont be me sorry ,hopeless with pooters, just follow your hose to the firewall