PDA

View Full Version : susspension

Ferret
14th October 2012, 12:57 AM
hey guys I got a mk patrol put a 2 inch lift kit in and not happy with the hight what will happen if I throw in extended shackles what's the best way about this will I stuff leafs or shassy or shocks im not sure I won't more hight how do I get this old girl a extra inch due to paying 1600 efs 2 inch lift .... a lot off advice will be good thanks guys much appreciated the ferret

MQ MAD
14th October 2012, 11:31 AM
The problem many have when goin for a NEW lift suspension kit ,is they dont get the old stuff checked first
IF your old set up had maybe been lifted or reset it mite not be much less than what you have
The other side is , a sagged suspension will be dramitically lifted by fitting new gear

Did you get the correct leaf spring pack to suit your engine , as the diesel and petrol spring packs are different due to diesel extra engine weight

All that aside, extended shackles are illegal , and a 2 " lifted shackle will give around an 1 ", wont be 2 " as they are only on front of the front pack and rear of the rear
Extended shackles , good ones will cost a good few hundred
The other thing you could do,is a body lift, need to be engineered nowadays
Theres a few things to do for a 2 " lift and any more and theres plenty more to mod
Im doin a 4 " body lift, never for road use and theres alot to mod
More ground clearance fit bigger tyres,like 33 "