PDA

View Full Version : Armadillo campers

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 08:45 AM
A week at Neurum Creek with kids has cured me of tents!! LOL

Got my loan approved yesterday and we're off next week to pick up my 2011 Armadillo Camper from Caloundra - soooooooo excited !! :) :)

Sharen

Bigrig
13th October 2012, 10:05 AM
Have you paid for it yet? We're selling our Armadillo ... if you're interested ...

Airstrike
13th October 2012, 10:06 AM
quick as a flash lol

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 10:50 AM
LOL yeah cheque has been drawn up all ready to go. Would've gone today cept I'm stuck at work.

Got a few grand off their asking price & it's practically brand new - doesn't look like its even been used (but it has) so I'm happy .... Actually I'm over the moon :)

Yendor
13th October 2012, 12:19 PM
Having a camper trailer makes camping so much easier and more comfortable especially with kids.

Don't forget to show us the photo's

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 12:49 PM
Pics to come ...

Need to organise an electric brake controller for my car - any suggestions?

Steve4wdin
13th October 2012, 12:59 PM
I use the redarc one with remote head. hide the controler out of site. The led and dial I put into a spare dash point. Works well

Yendor
13th October 2012, 01:34 PM
I am also a fan of the Redarc products, although they can be more expensive.

You might be better off getting a trailer mounted controller, that way either of your vehicles could tow it.

threedogs
13th October 2012, 02:14 PM
X 2 with Redarc products, always coming up with new stuff too.
Isn't it always the way just after you pay for something someone you know
is selling elsewhere. Need a pic now to see what these units look like, Hard floor. side or rear flip open?
Makes life a lot easier, but at the end of the day its a trailer and a tent, That some crooks are asking $35k plus for
now thats stupid IMO. Only downside is well there is none. nice dry nights, plenty of storage, comfy bed.

megatexture
13th October 2012, 02:21 PM
ive got a Tekonsha Brake Controller in my car nice and easy to set up i think they are much the same personaly i wouldnt bother getting wraped up in brand names just made in diffrent countries

threedogs
13th October 2012, 02:26 PM
Don't even know brand of my one, works I'm happy.

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 02:39 PM
Just want one that works - gonna cheat @ wire up both the Patrol & Navara but not hard mount controller so we can swap it between cars.

These are pics of a new one - mines the same but last years model

Got the boat rack thingy & extra room as pictured ... Have to buy a tent thingy for the shower. Has hot water system, dual batteries, solar panels, inverter, couple of LED strip lights & basic stereo

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 02:41 PM
Brads gonna work on em to throw in their waeco fridge but I want an engel so if he succeeds ill sell the waeco LOL

Yendor
13th October 2012, 02:51 PM
Nice........the campers have come along way since I purchased mine.

Sooooooo jealous.

threedogs
13th October 2012, 03:24 PM
Very nice thingy too, Boy we must be getting soft {old}
gotta love solar panels when away,

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 04:49 PM
Just got text from guy selling trailer
"Hi Sharen - picture of 7pin plug & Anderson Plug for electric brakes"

Isn't the Anderson plug something to do with the batteries??

The BigFella
13th October 2012, 04:52 PM
I am also a fan of the Redarc products, although they can be more expensive.

You might be better off getting a trailer mounted controller, that way either of your vehicles could tow it.

be careful with trailer mounted control units as in NSW they are illegal,,,,,,,,,,

The BigFella
13th October 2012, 04:57 PM
Just got text from guy selling trailer
"Hi Sharen - picture of 7pin plug & Anderson Plug for electric brakes"

Isn't the Anderson plug something to do with the batteries??

best to purchase the type of plug you use with your vehicle now (super cheap) and just replace the one on the trailer. You are correct in most guys set up the 12v power for the trailer through Anderson plugs. Although they may have used an Anderson plug. You will need to have that checked.
You can still tow the trailer with out a brake controller though,,,,,,

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah think ill risk it & bring it home then go sort out all that stuff... that way ill know 100% what I need to buy.

Just go get an adapter for now cuz Frank has a round plug

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 05:01 PM
be careful with trailer mounted control units as in NSW they are illegal,,,,,,,,,,

I got told about half hour ago from guy at a caravan place they're illegal here in QLD too???

Yendor
13th October 2012, 05:05 PM

What's the thinking behind that?

The best thing about that set up is, when the trailer has it's own battery it can be towed behind any vehicle and the electric brakes will still work.

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 05:15 PM
What I was told today (right or wrong) was that you, as the driver don't have any control over the braking pressure like you do with one mounted in your car???

Makes sense but can't remember ever "adjusting" the one we had years ago when ex & I had a big arse dog trailer ..

Yendor
13th October 2012, 05:25 PM
What I was told today (right or wrong) was that you, as the driver don't have any control over the braking pressure like you do with one mounted in your car???

Makes sense but can't remember ever "adjusting" the one we had years ago when ex & I had a big arse dog trailer ..

It could be right, I have been out of the game for so long now.

Mine is a trailer mounted unit and it is fully adjustable, yes you have to get out of the drivers seat to adjust it.

You quickly work out what setting you need for your camper trailer when it it's fully loaded as against when it is empty.

Looks like my setup is now illegal.

megatexture
13th October 2012, 06:13 PM
in car is good, mines got a lever that you can activate the brakes as little or as much as you want with out the car applying brakes its good for hill decents and pulling the trailer inline when offroad

megatexture
13th October 2012, 06:14 PM
It could be right, I have been out of the game for so long now.

Mine is a trailer mounted unit and it is fully adjustable, yes you have to get out of the drivers seat to adjust it.

You quickly work out what setting you need for your camper trailer when it it's fully loaded as against when it is empty.

Looks like my setup is now illegal.

isnt it annoying how we all try to stay within the laws and then they change it and we are all ment to some how know....

The BigFella
13th October 2012, 06:17 PM
the Authorities up here h made that decision a few years back now. We used to sell trailers with our Dingo Mini Diggers and coming from QLD most were set up with trailer mounted control units. The problem is as Amelia has stated, the driver has no control over the braking pressure or the amount of braking applied to the trailer.
Also you then lose the ability to use the emergency override option on most controllers if or when needed.

I fitted a remote Red Arc as mentioned in here earlier buy someone else, they are small look smart and work extremely well.

macca
13th October 2012, 06:55 PM
As brake controllers go the Tekonsha P3 is the bees knees, auto leveling, totally sdjustable, boost voltage variable, brake force using a LED guage that you can set the level of voltage, total automatic brake force depending on the amount of brake you are using in the tow vehicle meaning in a panic stop it bumps up the trailer brakes at stand still no voltage is applied at all. There is a readout telling you whats happening. We have them in our work vans and they are so good.
BUT in the Patrol there is no room to mount one so I went for the redarc remote, much more driver input needed for varying road condition, easy to use but no where as good as the P3.
It applies what ever voltage you have set in any braking condition, so in a panic stop you have to wind up the trailer brake force manually. A bit hard when its hitting the fan!!!
Our work trailer wieghs about 1.2tonne and our crew all know which vehicles they prefer to use and its not the Patrol!!!!

Yendor
13th October 2012, 07:42 PM
in car is good, mines got a lever that you can activate the brakes as little or as much as you want with out the car applying brakes its good for hill decents and pulling the trailer inline when offroad

My setup is the same, you just apply enough brake petal pressure to bring on the stop lights on the Patrol and then the trailer brakes will come on.

Yendor
13th October 2012, 07:44 PM
isnt it annoying how we all try to stay within the laws and then they change it and we are all ment to some how know....

I guess that's the nanny state for you.

Yendor
13th October 2012, 07:45 PM
the Authorities up here h made that decision a few years back now. We used to sell trailers with our Dingo Mini Diggers and coming from QLD most were set up with trailer mounted control units. The problem is as Amelia has stated, the driver has no control over the braking pressure or the amount of braking applied to the trailer.
Also you then lose the ability to use the emergency override option on most controllers if or when needed.

I fitted a remote Red Arc as mentioned in here earlier buy someone else, they are small look smart and work extremely well.

But......I love that word..hehehe

As Amelia has stated, only if you bother to adjust the settings.

threedogs
13th October 2012, 07:47 PM
Amelia why change fridges both very good, is it the size or lay out.

My controller is Hayman reese mounted lower left of steering,
more or less set and forget.

Yendor
13th October 2012, 07:52 PM
As brake controllers go the Tekonsha P3 is the bees knees, auto leveling, totally sdjustable, boost voltage variable, brake force using a LED guage that you can set the level of voltage, total automatic brake force depending on the amount of brake you are using in the tow vehicle meaning in a panic stop it bumps up the trailer brakes at stand still no voltage is applied at all. There is a readout telling you whats happening. We have them in our work vans and they are so good.
BUT in the Patrol there is no room to mount one so I went for the redarc remote, much more driver input needed for varying road condition, easy to use but no where as good as the P3.
It applies what ever voltage you have set in any braking condition, so in a panic stop you have to wind up the trailer brake force manually. A bit hard when its hitting the fan!!!
Our work trailer wieghs about 1.2tonne and our crew all know which vehicles they prefer to use and its not the Patrol!!!!

The Tekonsha brand had a lot of problems in the early years with brake lights coming on over night and flattering batteries and could possible be related to the problems that some CRD's are having with intermittent power loss.

I personally believe in brand names (so to speak) they are the companies that have invested in the R&D.

It's a bit like saying, I shouldn't buy my recovery mounts from 3dogs, (even though he has done R&D and had his products tested), because his competition maybe cheaper.

I believe in the old saying "you get what you pay for".

Yendor
13th October 2012, 07:54 PM
Don't take me the wrong way Sharen, you need to keep your setup legal with regards to QLD legislation.

threedogs
13th October 2012, 07:59 PM
You bring up a good point Yendor, Best people make sure these won't interfere with 4x4 electronics.
EG one brand of VHF radio cut the ABS off on some brand 4x4 if talking on radio whislt braking.
great fun ey. no names , brands given or makes of 4x4, but it didn't effect Nissan's

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 08:24 PM
The aim is to make sure everything is legal - cant afford for it not to be. Plus need something that "shouldn't" break which is why I went a newer one even tho I've been told I'm mad for spending that much coin on a "trailer" LOL

Fridge - his is only 40ltrs and I want bigger for when kids are with us. Had a surf today at work at some cheaper brands same size but ...... Dunno, guess I'm a brand girl & I also want the separate fridge/freezer.

Companion & Primus make ones the size & layout I want but don't know anyone whose had them so are they reliable for the $1000+ you gotta fork out?? Probably be ok and save a truckload on comparable Engel which is nearly $2k new

Brads gonna have a good look at trailer electrical setup once we get it home & take it from there ... Appreciate everyone's opinions & ideas!!!

threedogs
13th October 2012, 08:31 PM
!00% stick with the brand names with fridges, Can get 3 section fridges from waeco fridge/freeze and Dairy. You can also buy a product called twozone ,
which will turn your 40ltr Engel into twice the size approx with crisper/dairy on top and fridge underneath, just throwing it out there, get getting new toys hey

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 09:07 PM
Saw that twozone thing today as well - looks like a decent idea ... will have to do alittle more research

threedogs
13th October 2012, 09:09 PM
You might save a few $$$ for important things like wine to put in fridge LOL

2TROLLFAM
13th October 2012, 09:16 PM
You might save a few $$$ for important things like wine to put in fridge LOL

Red Wine don't go in fridge!! LMFAO

megatexture
14th October 2012, 12:31 AM
My setup is the same, you just apply enough brake petal pressure to bring on the stop lights on the Patrol and then the trailer brakes will come on.

Mines different then, mine needs no foot brake pressure you can slide a tab on the controller and the more you push it the more it applies the brakes on the trailer only and it also brings on the brake lights so there’s no accidents mines a "tekonsha voyager"

Steve4wdin
15th October 2012, 08:01 PM
As far as fridges go, I run an 80lt waeco. Great fridge. If you are going to use from camper power, make sure you guys run at least 2mm wire

megatexture
15th October 2012, 08:24 PM
The Tekonsha brand had a lot of problems in the early years with brake lights coming on over night and flattering batteries and could possible be related to the problems that some CRD's are having with intermittent power loss.

I personally believe in brand names (so to speak) they are the companies that have invested in the R&D.

It's a bit like saying, I shouldn't buy my recovery mounts from 3dogs, (even though he has done R&D and had his products tested), because his competition maybe cheaper.

I believe in the old saying "you get what you pay for".

it comes down to research as i think you will find alot of stand out brand names are keen on " marketing " and alot of the time has little to do with the product itself

Yendor
15th October 2012, 08:44 PM
it comes down to research as i think you will find alot of stand out brand names are keen on " marketing " and alot of the time has little to do with the product itself
LOL.... You took your time finding that.

Sorry I disagree, modern marketing has dictated a lot of what you have stated.

Fact is, if it wasn't for the pioneers or other companies that are willing to spend money on R&D there would be nothing for the other companies to copy.

megatexture
15th October 2012, 08:48 PM
lol was late last time i read it as usual lol but so what your saying is no ones ever pioneerd a design to then have another improve on it.

Yendor
15th October 2012, 08:59 PM
Normally no, much easier to copy.

threedogs
15th October 2012, 09:07 PM
I'll keep quiet about copies, but they swear they designed and did all R&D, At the end of the day all is BS they just copied

HammerBuilder
15th October 2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah I run Tekonsha P3 but I also did put it through a 30amp relay so as to avoid any battery flattening problems etc so its only on when the ignition is on & as it saves your settings you don't need to reset it every time you turn it on, makes life easier for me.
As for fridges yeah they are all much for much once you get the temps sorted, I run a waeco 50LtrDZ & had it for couple of years n just keep it on bout -6 deg as I've found this works well in all the different compartments & run it on a 105amp/hr Big River I think its called just got back from the Cape over all corugations n tele track, straight through to Bathurst n back up to nthrn NSW n alls great.
Got P3 off good ol' Ebay over $50 cheaper than all shops round me & its only 4 wires to hook up so you don't have to be a scientist..LOL
Hope your setup works well no-matter which way you go n all the best with your future travelling.
Cheers Tony

2TROLLFAM
15th October 2012, 11:02 PM
Thanx again for input guys!!! Still doing the research & at end of day will probably get whatever Brad thinks as he's the one who'll be wiring everything up. Love this forum because everyone shares the good bad & ugly of their experiences ...

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....

2TROLLFAM
18th October 2012, 09:09 PM
2 more sleeps :) :)

2TROLLFAM
20th October 2012, 08:28 AM
Well I'm excited!! We're off to Caloundra shortly to pick up my new trailer ..

The BigFella
20th October 2012, 09:04 AM
photos photos photos cant wait for the photos,,,,,,,,,,,

2TROLLFAM
20th October 2012, 02:47 PM
My own a Camping Trailer!!!! Driving around Caloundra now trying to find a park so we can have lunch & a swim!! Will take a pic when we find a park & then more later as we crack up laughing at ourselves trying to set it up ....

The BigFella
20th October 2012, 03:12 PM
funniest home video's here we come,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2TROLLFAM
20th October 2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah it will be a contender for sure!!

2TROLLFAM
20th October 2012, 03:25 PM
21315Airti

2TROLLFAM
20th October 2012, 03:26 PM
Hit Send before typing LOL sitting on beach at Caliundra looking at northern tip of Bribie Island :)

The BigFella
20th October 2012, 03:32 PM
fancy smancy trailer there guys, awesome!!!!

Yendor
20th October 2012, 04:11 PM
Nice..... very nice looking trailer.

Makes my old dinosaur look..... well outdated

2TROLLFAM
20th October 2012, 05:03 PM
http://www.armadillocampers.com.au/images/armaxspecs.pdf

Thanks - I'm very happy with my purchase ... :)

mudski
20th October 2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.armadillocampers.com.au/images/armaxspecs.pdf

Thanks - I'm very happy with my purchase ... :)

In that link shows a price. OMFG!!!! Does it come with someone in tow to set the whole thing up for you too? I never knew that could go for that much...Must have everything in it...Bloody nice looker though.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 11:23 PM
You're a lot younger than what I thought, looks like the weather is on your side, touch wood

megatexture
20th October 2012, 11:58 PM
Great looking camper you got there i like the inclosed tool box sides, it would look awsome behind a trol:tongue:lol and you've got yourself a new toy to modify ya gotta love that!

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 12:08 AM
I didn't buy it new ... April 2011 model ;) but specs exactly same except for a few minor changes previous owner made PLUS Brad being Brad is gonna modify a few other things ... And don't worry he'll be towed behind Amelia too!!

We've got it 1/2 set up in Brafs back yard, fire going & christening it ... His name is "Rocky" (think about it LOL)

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 12:13 AM
You're a lot younger than what I thought, looks like the weather is on your side, touch wood

Yeah I'm a youngen!!! LOL that's my baby girl in the pic and the 2 in background are my son & Brads daughter ....

threedogs
21st October 2012, 12:23 AM
Good, love the trailer, when you say 1/2 set up in backyard and will be christening it, with out too much detail do you mean well christen it. like as in try it out. OMG

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 12:26 AM
We got the main tent set up, roof of annexe & roof of spare room then hit the piss so gave up LOL
Bourbon, Trquila & red wine - hmmmmmmm my gonna sick in the morning

threedogs
21st October 2012, 12:45 AM
Now having mental pics again abort, abort, sheeeesh hit escape, hit escape, wheres the escape.... aghhhh

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 08:56 AM
No having mental pics again abort abort, sheeeesh hit escape, hit escape wheres the escape aghhhh

LMFAO!!!!!! didn't puke in my bed - HEHEHEHEHE had to sleep in it last night - mattress is pretty thin but oh so much better than a blow up air bed.. so may have to invest later in a thicker one BUT million dollar question is can you put thicker ones in? Will there be room when it's packed up?

threedogs
21st October 2012, 10:43 AM
Good night hey, wink, wink ,nod ,nod, say no more say no more, lol
You can get custom size mattresses made not sure where, has to be better than cut to size memory foam or the likes

megatexture
21st October 2012, 10:47 AM
There is a mob at redcliff that sepcilize in making matreses for campers and caravans ill see if i can track down the details but you should be ok to put in a matress thats the same thickness but of a higher quality but im sure there would be some play that you could put in a thicker one if needed how loose is the outer cover

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 10:57 AM
There is a mob at redcliff that sepcilize in making matreses for campers and caravans ill see if i can track down the details but you should be ok to put in a matress thats the same thickness but of a higher quality but im sure there would be some play that you could put in a thicker one if needed how loose is the outer cover

Cool - thanx for that !!

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 12:27 PM
Holy crap it's hot!! Hmmm does back room & annexe really need walls?? LMFAO21341

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 12:28 PM
Holy crap it's hot!! Hmmm does back room & annexe really need walls?? LMFAO21341

megatexture
21st October 2012, 01:25 PM
here ya go http://www.madetomeasuremattresses.com.au/ will make any size you want

threedogs
21st October 2012, 02:29 PM
Nightmares again I know what happened in there last night. [Shiver]
looks great set up, few coldies with the setting sun,,,,,PRICELESS

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 02:36 PM
Nightmares again I know what happened in there last night. [Shiver]
looks great set up, few coldies with the setting sun,,,,,PRICELESS

HAJAHA you're a shocker but funny!!

threedogs
21st October 2012, 02:38 PM
Not me,,, its you... like the rims too do they match the ute???

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 02:48 PM
Not me,,, its you... like the rims too do they match the ute???

Oh oh oh oh ... NEARLY!! 21343

The BigFella
21st October 2012, 04:13 PM
here ya go http://www.madetomeasuremattresses.com.au/ will make any size you want

one of my mates got these dudes to make a mattress for his new $40,000 van and he cant stock bragging about ho good they were!

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 04:41 PM
one of my mates got these dudes to make a mattress for his new $40,000 van and he cant stock bragging about ho good they were!

Website looks pretty good - will definately be making some enquiries there ..

megatexture
21st October 2012, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't count on them being the cheapest but at least the will make what you want and you know its going to be better than a foam mattress.

megatexture
21st October 2012, 06:06 PM
Regarding the tyres i think 3dogs is referring to the tyre size being compatible to the car that’s towing it diameter/offset so you only need one spare. if your doing remote stuff id still take 2 spares or at a minimum a tube or two also

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=megatexture;283917]Regarding the tyres i think 3dogs is referring to the tyre size being compatible to the car that

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 09:10 PM
Franks spare is up under the tub & Rocky has his own mounted on trailer (the pic is from website but mines the same)

threedogs
21st October 2012, 09:15 PM
Really depends how remote you travel , but the better you can match up tyre sizes even
if only for emergencies the better. Spares only to get you to next stop for repairs

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 09:30 PM
Meant to update on the info I got from the modification team at the Qld Department of Main Roads (phoned them Friday)

Trailer mounted controllers are not illegal in QLD however he did say they must be activated by the towing vehicle braking...

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 09:31 PM
Really depends how remote you travell , but the better you can match up tyre sizes even
if only for emergencies the better. Spares only to get you to next stop for repairs

Makes perfect sense - doubt we will ever go anywhere "remote" but certainly will remember what you've said when Frank comes due for new tyres

Winnie
21st October 2012, 09:56 PM
I have a question that I have never understood but never bothered to ask. (sorry for hi-jacking Amelia haha)
Why do people put aggressive tyres on their trailers? Even seen Centipedes on a trailer before. My thinking is that the trailers don't drive at all they just get dragged along so why bother having expensive ATs or even MTs on them? Happy to be shown wrong as I'm sure I will be.

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 10:15 PM
Hi Jack away .. ;)

mudski
21st October 2012, 10:42 PM
I have a question that I have never understood but never bothered to ask. (sorry for hi-jacking Amelia haha)
Why do people put aggressive tyres on their trailers? Even seen Centipedes on a trailer before. My thinking is that the trailers don't drive at all they just get dragged along so why bother having expensive ATs or even MTs on them? Happy to be shown wrong as I'm sure I will be.

Its like the e-penis thing with computers. Just cause they can, to match up whats on the vehicle. But in a camper trailer case you might call it a t-penis.

2TROLLFAM
21st October 2012, 10:54 PM
"In This Case"??? LMFAO they were on it when I bought it .........

megatexture
22nd October 2012, 12:00 AM
Ive got 33" mtz on car and trailer when we do trips but i got the tyres off the car at 50% and put em on the trailer and bought new for on the car easy way of getting good tyres on the trailer and better clearance also.

Also amelia If you do an axel under leaf swap and larger tyres keep in mind the tent floor is designed to go so low and may not reach the ground as well

mudski
22nd October 2012, 08:51 AM
Not having a dig at you Amelia. In this case was really referring too camper trailers in general, not yours. Apologies if it was offending.

2TROLLFAM
22nd October 2012, 09:08 AM
Not having a dig at you Amelia. In this case was really referring too camper trailers in general, not yours. Apologies if it was offending.

Wasn't offended in slightest :) takes more than that LOL and lets face it I do have a t-penis HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

threedogs
22nd October 2012, 09:30 AM
Nah Winnie its so your trailer will follow the tow 4x4 better, smooth tread loaded trailer, it'll just "slip" off the track.
More aggressive tyres allow the trailer to bite in a bit more. It works, trust me.

Need all the diameters the same especially if in 4x4. you may get "wind up"
that can be expensive.

mudski
22nd October 2012, 09:40 AM
^^^^^^
There you go. I'll go eat my words for brekkie this morning...

threedogs
22nd October 2012, 11:24 AM
Mudski, would look great as well if trailer rims matched the tow vehicle. Sort of over Sunnies on evevrything, but nothing else out there thats affordable

2TROLLFAM
22nd October 2012, 11:30 AM
One day they will match exactly LOL I got a thing for symmetry. Had a big arse, dual axle dog trailer a few years back - cost a fortune to buy new rims so it matched my car. Then got the boat - same again except my ex kept the boat and my freeking wheels!! LOL

Brad is shaking his head cuz had a shower tent chucked in which was green - I went out yesterday and bought a blue one cuz the green didn't match the canvas on my trailer

ETA : anyone want a near new (been used once) green oztrail popup shower tent??

2TROLLFAM
27th October 2012, 08:03 PM
Awwww Brad loves Rocky too - raining here & he's working on his hubs .. Instead of kicking Rocky out in the rain he's put his mower out in it and only has half of Amelia in shed ...21488

threedogs
27th October 2012, 08:07 PM
Lets say the guy has his priorities right, great choice take long to train him.LOL

2TROLLFAM
27th October 2012, 08:11 PM
Lets say the guy has his priorities right, great choice take long to train him.LOL

Naaaa surprisingly enough - 2 ex wives did a reasonable job of training him LOL (sorry baby - wuv you long time)

threedogs
27th October 2012, 08:27 PM
2 houses later, sure he's not a slow learner. no offence mean't lol

2TROLLFAM
27th October 2012, 08:32 PM
LMFAO!!! I'm gonna be in trouble when he sees it cuz I got 2 ex husbands too so we're a perfectly disfunckional match. You see it was "them" not "us" hahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

threedogs
27th October 2012, 08:47 PM
Fine thats ok then, as you were. damn them others

2TROLLFAM
30th October 2012, 08:59 AM
Opinions please ... Just wondering how to go about maintaining the batteries in the trailer whilst its sitting in the shed?
The guy we bought it from just set up the solar panels on the front of trailer with his garage door open - sun isn't really in the right spot to do this (well shed isn't LOL)

Should I buy a trickle feeder that plugs into power or just pull trailer out on weekend and give it some sun on the solar panels ?? Will that be enough??

2TROLLFAM
30th October 2012, 09:11 AM
Just checked letterbox & found this - ordered it a week ago and forgot - makes a good little read .. Answered my question :)21633

threedogs
31st October 2012, 02:36 PM
I just have my camper sitting in the back yard, but I "USE" the battery either by way of listening to the radio or "USING" the battery every other night
to light up the back yard. It's backed with 20watt panel to top the battery up. Could use both methods which is easier ??? Plus when I tow it it's charging as well.
Solar is free to,well for now anyway, grab as much as you can.

was over at a shop today so grabbed a pic of the two zone extension for the 40lt Engel
Think they do other models as well.

2TROLLFAM
31st October 2012, 11:06 PM
Awww thanx 3dogs ... Appreciate the advice

megatexture
31st October 2012, 11:25 PM
Ive just got mine on a ctek charger that maintains mine great units but not cheap http://www.ctek.com/au/en/chargers/MXS%207.0

Dr Gary
20th November 2012, 06:22 PM
The Redarc remote head looks like a solution BUT I already have the Prodigy. It is already mounted and completely wired in the trailer tool box but I can't access the manual control lever. Advantage is that anyone can use the trailer-- it has its own battery.
I was forward planning for a caravan, but I think I will just wait until I need it moved.

my third 256
21st November 2012, 04:21 AM
here is the link to the redark remote controller with pictures
http://www.redarc.com.au/products/product/remote-mount-electric-trailer-brake-controller/

The BigFella
22nd November 2012, 07:23 AM
Ive got one of these Redarc brake controllers in my patrol and it works just dandy!
My only gripe, while ever it's connected to the trailer the little green light shines oh so bright, even when the vehicle is turned off!
A real bugger when your trying to sleep at 3.00am and keep waking up to see why the "traffic lights" have turned green!!