PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of my recently installed lights

Boofa
11th October 2012, 09:27 PM
Should be able to see where im going now, after the marathon effort wiring these puppies I don't envy auto electricians.

threedogs
11th October 2012, 09:33 PM
Light bar and work leds look like they were made to fit there, great job, gotta love LED till the next best thing comes along. can see it being awhile.

Winnie
11th October 2012, 09:33 PM
Nice setup there mate! I just wired spotties up to mine but I enjoy electrics. Do want the rear lights like yours though!

DIAL-A-TAP

gbab01
11th October 2012, 11:36 PM
Looks great. I am about to get around to doing rear lights a bit like yours and I have the same roof rack. Any hints on how you ran the cable in to the cab? Cheers.

Boofa
13th October 2012, 10:20 PM
Yea mate, I looked at this for a while, as I didnt want to drill holes in my roof, I drilled a hole through my roof rack bracket on the passenger side and ran the wire down into the channel along the edge of the roof, The wire then travels to the front of the cab and down behind the snorkel and into the engine bay between the wheel gaurd panel and the windscreen panel (it is a pretty tight fit, took me ages to get the wires through this small gap) I used a bit of silicon to hold the wire in the channel along the roof, and small cable ties down the side of the windscreen (as the previous owner had drilled holes in this part of the channel for a sun visor. Once in the engine bay just to a relay, then switching wires into the cab through the big grommet on the passenger side to a three way switch, one side is power from the battery, one side is the reversing wire, and middle is off.

For anybody interested I picked up the reversing wire from the wiring loom behind the pannel on the left side of the passengers leg, it is the yellow wire among that loom, I think this is pretty standard in most vehicles ( yellow wire = reverse)

I will try and put up some pictures of wiring tomorrow if you would like

gbab01
13th October 2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks Boofa sounds like that may be the way to go. Cheers.

MEGOMONSTER
13th October 2012, 11:20 PM
Boof, is that an ARB rack, and what light bar did you use as I want that on the rear as a reverse.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Boofa
14th October 2012, 09:16 PM
Yea it is an ARB roof rack, the Led lightbar is a BLB40 22" (40 led's) from Brite Tech Auto in melbourne, The rear ones are BLB4 (4 led's).
The Spot lights are IPF 900XS with HID conversions

wildgu6
14th October 2012, 09:38 PM
You light up my life, very nice Boofa very nice, cheers for the heads up on the reverse wire. Look forward to the pics, Thanks mate

Cheers Pete

Tappn the App with Beer on Tap

MEGOMONSTER
14th October 2012, 10:14 PM
Yea it is an ARB roof rack, the Led lightbar is a BLB40 22" (40 led's) from Brite Tech Auto in melbourne, The rear ones are BLB4 (4 led's).
The Spot lights are IPF 900XS with HID conversions

Cheers Boofa thanks.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Rip'n'Shred
15th October 2012, 01:07 AM
Your lights look great mate, good install. I have recently done some myself so i can appreciate the effort.

For anybody interested I picked up the reversing wire from the wiring loom behind the pannel on the left side of the passengers leg, it is the yellow wire among that loom, I think this is pretty standard in most vehicles ( yellow wire = reverse)

Thanks heaps for the tip. I was just about to look for a pickup for the reverse light tomorrow. You have saved me some time. I have my wires ran to the kick panel so far, ready hook up now.

harro959
4th November 2012, 02:50 PM
Nice install, got me thinking i should get around to doing a reversing light on my ute...

big_fletch
4th November 2012, 06:36 PM
Great Job mate, Lights look tops :smiley_thumbs_up: Im a Auto-sparky by trade and i love it.. Sometimes can be a mission doing some jobs though as you would have found lol