PDA

View Full Version : GU rear upper shocker rubber size? OME...

mudski
11th October 2012, 03:14 PM
I just replaced the lower rear rubbers on the OME shocks. The top are flogged out too but they look bigger. I want to get them before I take them off. The lowers were a 5 minute job. The uppers looks like I need to remove the spring too. Well the wheel atleast.
So does anyone know the pin size of the upper mount? The lowers are 19mm but the uppers look bigger by eye when looking up at them. But I could be wrong.
Cheers.

nissannewby
11th October 2012, 03:43 PM
Im pretty sure they are the same.

mudski
11th October 2012, 04:21 PM
Maybe, but I don't want to buy them, and find out they're not. I rang ARB and two other suspension mobs and they wouldn't tell me. Just said to come in and buy our kits. I'll keep searching...

nissannewby
11th October 2012, 04:51 PM
Could you quickly just flip the shock around and see if it goes on the top to double check?

mudski
11th October 2012, 06:02 PM
I don't quite get what you mean there... But the top mount is still bolted in. It looks like theres a bit to do to get it off so I wanted to get the bushes before i start. But its definately an eye bush. The Nolathane catalogue I found says its pin on the top...

MudRunnerTD
11th October 2012, 06:19 PM
Buy rubber ones from ARB mate Nolathame bushes are JUNK

MudRunnerTD
11th October 2012, 06:20 PM
Rear are eye to eye. Front is eye to pin.

There is no big deal to unbolt the top bolt mate? Just 1 nut?

mudski
11th October 2012, 06:21 PM
Hmm I think I've found it. The Nolathane catalog listed bush for pin mount. When on the Superpro catalog and they didn't list anything. When on the Supercheap catalog and they listed a Superpro number, looked on the superpro site using the supplied number from the SC site and found they are 19mm I.D. Looking again the shock mount looks bigger from underneath. Hope its right. I'll grab another 4 tomorrow....

Thanks for your input newb...

mudski
11th October 2012, 06:25 PM
By rubber ones from ARB mate Nolathame bushes are JUNK

Yes I know I was just using there catalog as reference...I use Polyurethane ones from my work which we sell to go on prime movers.

Rear are eye to eye. Front is eye to pin.

There is no big deal to unbolt the top bolt mate? Just 1 nut?
I know its eye/eye, I can clearly see it, the Catalogue was listing different though. Plus while it is only one bolt, I have to take the wheel off and move the spring out of the way ( I think) to undo that one nut. I cbf'ed doing all that just to measure it up. Yes I am lazy, plus its raining and cold outside too.