PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Manual Locking Hubs...spline count anyone?

ozzymalone
11th October 2012, 10:51 AM
Hi guys & gals.

The Wagon's (98' GU Series 1) Auto Locking Hubs are shot and in need of replacement. Am going to try and find a set of Manual hubs off a Patrol ute but was wondering if anyone knows if the spline count matches up with the Original Auto-hubs. I'm sure I could work this out myself but I am first to put my hand up and look for help ;) before reaching for the tools.

All help appreciated.

MudRunnerTD
11th October 2012, 11:29 AM
straight bolt in mate. anything off a 1988 GQ through to a 2012 GU8 will bolt straight up. Make sure you get the "Egg Ring" spacers with the Manual hubs and you will have no trouble

ozzymalone
11th October 2012, 02:27 PM
Hey MudRunner is that mean all are suitable IE...LWB, SWB & UTERUSES? Cheers....if so it'll make the job at the wreckers 150% easier (finding the donor!) Ta' Bloke ..

ozzymalone
11th October 2012, 04:03 PM
Also...."egg ring" spacers.....these on the original donor vehicles or are they an aftermarket spacer? Ta

MudRunnerTD
11th October 2012, 06:27 PM
They will be on the donor car. Make sure you grab them.

Don't grab the hubs off the MQ series as they are smaller damn it but any patrol from GQ on regardless will bolt straight up. They will be hard to get and expect to pay around $150 from a wreckers. Call around and they will strip them off and post them too you no probs.

Cheers MR

Greengu98
22nd October 2012, 10:22 AM
i brought some on ebay, i have been a bit worried about fitting them as ppl keep telling me the ebay ones are S*#T house.. hmmm

Greengu98
22nd October 2012, 10:22 AM
would you fit them anyways or look at genuine ones

ozzymalone
23rd October 2012, 05:13 PM
would you fit them anyways or look at genuine ones

Hey mate, hopefully MudRunner will come back to us with an answer. From my limited knowledge on hubs the originals (Manual locking) are the way to go. That being said if they are a reputable aftermarket they are probably OK. Hang around and i'm sure we will get some more opinion on it. Might be worth trying to sell your new ones and come to the wreckers with us!

nissannewby
23rd October 2012, 07:29 PM
Genuine all the way mate. The onyl ones to out last the geniune hubs would be superiors upgraded items but these are about $400.

ozzymalone
5th February 2013, 05:57 PM
Big callout to newby or mudrunner! Looks like I got me some manual locking hubs to swap out for my buggered auto hubs in the wagon. Just wondering what tools will be required to remove these off donor vehicle so I can go prepared! Ta' all.

nissannewby
5th February 2013, 06:37 PM
8mm allen key and some circlip pliers I believe.

Dirt devil
6th February 2013, 10:32 PM
What is this egg ring thing your talking about?

cheers DD.

ozzymalone
12th February 2013, 11:15 AM
Good Question DD....Still trying to work that out myself. Hopefully Newby or Mudrunner can shed some light in it.