PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Nissan Patrol 3lt Turbo Diesel - Power Loss Problems

rickdoolan
7th November 2010, 10:10 AM
Our patrol looses power when we are towing our caravan and going up steep hills. This happens around the 3000rpm. Taking power off the accellerator is the only way we can regain power again. Does anyone have this same problem or does anyone know how to fix this problem. Thanks Rick.

patch697
7th November 2010, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the forum Rick

It sound like a lean out problem mate so what model Patrol are we talking about here mate.

* What engine you running?

*Do you run duel fuel?

This info will help us help you.

rickdoolan
7th November 2010, 11:44 AM
Model is 2005 GU STS 3lt TD Wagon with an upgrade chip and a 3 inch Mandrel system. No we dont run duel fuel. Engine is ZD30 Automatic. Hope this helps. Thanks, Rick

YNOT
7th November 2010, 12:20 PM
What you are experiencing is limp mode. It can be triggered by a number of different things so the first thing to do is a code check. Do a search on here for "checking and clearing fault codes". See if there are any codes that may point you in the right direction.

Tony

raneydelrey
5th December 2010, 11:02 PM
YNOT is right it is better to stick the diagnostic tool on your ride so you can check the fault codes, mine according to nissan here is the MAF sensors which drags my ride slowly cleaned it with I think a Carb Cleaner (not sure on this senior members please do comment if Carb Cleaner is right because this is what I saw on my receipt) and voilaaaaa it rums soothly again

Bigrig
5th December 2010, 11:36 PM
YNOT is right it is better to stick the diagnostic tool on your ride so you can check the fault codes, mine according to nissan here is the MAF sensors which drags my ride slowly cleaned it with I think a Carb Cleaner (not sure on this senior members please do comment if Carb Cleaner is right because this is what I saw on my receipt) and voilaaaaa it rums soothly again

I'm not a senior member by any stretch, but don't be worried about being picked up if you're not quite right mate - it's all in the name of helping one another and learning. Good on you for getting into the conversations so quickly!!!!

Woof
6th December 2010, 12:09 AM

CRC have a specific MAF cleaner in their range, I would be using that, have only heard good reports about it..

macca1
11th December 2010, 01:08 PM
Our patrol looses power when we are towing our caravan and going up steep hills. This happens around the 3000rpm. Taking power off the accellerator is the only way we can regain power again. Does anyone have this same problem or does anyone know how to fix this problem. Thanks Rick.

Hi rickdoolan, Could be something simple as a partially blocked fuel filter, there is a lot of water around at the moment (servo pumps).
Have you got an extra fuel filter fitted as some types can cause resistance to fuel flow (pressure).Will usually bring up a 0707 code (pump timing)
Hope you get an answer to your problem in the forum
Cheers Macca

rickdoolan
12th December 2010, 10:38 AM
thanks macca, i think i have got it sorted it was boosting erractic 15 to 25 psi modified boost control system and egr system also fitted intercooler fan and overboost safety valve

raneydelrey
15th December 2010, 12:42 AM
CRC have a specific MAF cleaner in their range, I would be using that, have only heard good reports about it..

Hi Sir Dogman, Glad to know in Aussie there is a specific cleaner, here in the Philippines they use Carburetor Cleaner while all the time was thinking is a contact cleaner "WD40"

Sretch
16th December 2010, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't be using WD40 to clean a MAF. That is oil based.

Another thing to use is electronic cleaning solvent. It available at Jaycar and dick smith etc. Its the same thing as CRC MAF cleaner but a whole lot cheaper.

raneydelrey
16th December 2010, 11:50 PM
HI Sretch, Problem is here in the Philippines we don't have a kind of CRC MAF Cleaner, so lucky people in Aussie they have everything.... good thing WD40 is already out of the question