PDA

View Full Version : td42ti misfire

cruiseliner
7th November 2010, 12:52 AM
hello
my 2006 td42ti misfires and smokes at around 2000rpm any ideas as to what this could be. the ute only has 180000 on the clock.
only new to forums
cheers Scott

DX grunt
7th November 2010, 08:31 AM
G'day Scott.

Welcome to the family friendly forum, mate. Great to hear from another Sandgroper.

I started out learning about forums last year - not far behind you.

You'll find it's very 'user friendly' with lots of help available from DIY'ers and we've even got a couple of members
who are qualified mechanics to help too.

I found this forum is different from many others. We self regulate - most of the time, and get help from
moderators (forum police) to 'keep us in line' when it needs to happen.

It's great to have you onboard asking for advice and it'd be even better if we could hear about your truck too. lol.
After 25 posts, you can down load a free manual,and if you like talking, 25 isn't that many, and you'll be there
before you know it. lol

I've got a 2005 td42ti. It's ex Telstra with the pod on the back. Love it!

Looking forward to hearing about what you've done and what you intend to do with your truck (with pics, please).
Don't be scared to talk to us. We love to have a chat.

We've got quite a few WA members on here that also belong to the Western Patrol Club in WA too, that meet on
the 4th Wednesday of every month, in Perth. (Gotta plug our Club. lol)

One of the members on here, also plots everybody's location on a map of OZ. If you're interested, tell us what suburb u
live in and Todd will add you to the evergrowing list. Thanks.

Take care out there, Scott.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
7th November 2010, 11:30 AM
Welcome on board mate & I hope you enjoy the forum.

cruiseliner
7th November 2010, 07:45 PM
cheers mate

the ute is my parents latest purchase its ex cummins with a box style tray which will be set up for touring and camping but first job is to sort the motor. I own a 99 4500 patrol 3 inch lift snokel diesel bonnet 305 coopers mainly set up to pull our camper trailer. photos to come when i learn that bit ha ha ha.
Im a diesel mechanic but mainly road transport just would like a bit of advise before i dive in for worst case senario. I am currently wrecking a 2000 model 3.0l manual patrol still pretty complete if anyone is interested in parts but the motor is blown

cheers Scott

YNOT
7th November 2010, 08:17 PM
You probably know more than me about diesels but one thing to check is the small gauze filter in the fuel inlet banjo on the injector pump. I had that filter block up on my first GU (TD42), and it blew huge clouds of black smoke when I tried to rev it.

Tony

cruiseliner
7th November 2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks Tony ill give that a try.

Scott

Woof
7th November 2010, 09:41 PM
Welcome Scott, enjoy the forum mate

cruiseliner
7th November 2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks dogman only new to this so bare with me hahaha
Scott