PDA

View Full Version : Completely useless trivia information for Nissan Patrol Buffs!

Pegged
21st June 2010, 09:37 PM
Here's some completely useless trivia information for all you history buffs out there.

Found it before and thought you guys may enjoy it...

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.earlydatsun.com/img268.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.earlydatsun.com/patrol.html&usg=__ojHhKc_5vvBERxZQ4WxZezxGQ_A=&h=284&w=500&sz=36&hl=en&start=231&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=Evz6a53QBJdw0M:&tbnh=74&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpictures%2Bof%2Bnissan%2Bpatrol%2Bmod els%26start%3D216%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26nd sp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1

AB
22nd June 2010, 08:06 AM
FACT - In 1950 the Japanese Government offered a contract for the supply of a 'Jeep style' vehicle to be used by the military, police and fire brigades. Nissan set out to design the first Nissan Patrol, the 4W60, in an attempt to secure that contract. At the same time Toyota were working on their first Land Cruiser, the BJ series to try to get the contract, and over at Mitsubishi they took the definition of 'Jeep style' very literally, and basically just copied the Willys Jeep in nearly every dimention and curve for it's CJ3B-J3 model, they even named it the Mitsubishi Jeep.
People often accused Nissan and Toyota of copying the design of the Willys Jeep for their respective Patrol and Land Cruiser models, but a closer observation shows that they are very different vehicles. The Patrol is bigger in every dimension, and vastly different mechanically with it's 105hp 6cyl. engine compared to the Jeep's 60hp 4.
In the end what the government actually wanted was an exact replica of the Willy Jeep, and Mitsubishi got the contract. Nissan and Toyota both put their versions into production, and while a clone of an outdated WW2 vehicle may have been what the government wanted, people in the real world wanted something totally different, and the Nissan and Toyota four wheel drives outsold Mitsubishi by a massive margin..

Very original Mitsubishi. :)

patch697
23rd June 2010, 12:21 PM
Trivial or not still very interesting. Cheers

Finly Owner
25th July 2010, 10:03 PM
I;ve made it a favourite could b useful

AB
26th October 2010, 09:11 AM
The average person spends 6 days a year trying to find a carpark.

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 02:17 PM
The kangaroo and emu that hold up the Australian Coat of Arms were chosen as they are native animals that cannot walk backwards (with any ease) - representing the forward movement of our nation!! Or so the story goes ... lol ...

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 02:20 PM
oh ... and if you stack them end on end, it takes 3,363,106,560 beer cans to reach the moon ... can't verify this though, as each time I try, I'm fully sourced up by the time I reach just past the house gutters, and usually end up passing out and knocking them over!!! I'm no quitter though!!!!

AB
27th October 2010, 02:21 PM
As a young Rhodes Scholar, Bob Hawke held the world record for downing a yard glass of beer (in 11 seconds). Before running for PM he claimed to have beaten the bottle.

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 06:21 PM
The most forgetful race of people on the planet are 'Amnesians' ... a little known group of people who descend from American and Polynesian cross breeding ...

Yes ... I made that up ... sorry ....

AB
27th October 2010, 09:31 PM
The most forgetful race of people on the planet are 'Amnesians' ... a little known group of people who descend from American and Polynesian cross breeding ...

Yes ... I made that up ... sorry ....

I believed that for a second...lol....Pretty funny mate....Nice!

Bigrig
27th October 2010, 09:53 PM
I believed that for a second...lol....Pretty funny mate....Nice!

ummmm ... the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary .... LOL ...
hoped it would give some people a giggle ...

Bigrig
29th October 2010, 10:26 AM
Mexico is the only country in the world not to have the common outdoor BBQ ... apparently the beans keep falling through the grill ...

Would I lie about something like that? Surely not ...

Finly Owner
29th October 2010, 11:22 PM
You're a card BigRig(graham?)

Bigrig
30th October 2010, 07:39 AM
Speaking of cards (well paper actually), a piece of paper cannot be folded more than 7 times ...

(Life's too short to be too serious Finly - it's Scotty by the way, not sure who Graham is, but say g'day for me!! lol)

Finly Owner
30th October 2010, 11:49 PM
yeah trying to remember call signs and handles is not as easy as it was 20 year ago. Repetition is the go Scott.

Bigrig
31st October 2010, 12:05 PM
I just tried that ... I lit the gas top stove, place the paper cup full of water on it, and low and behold, there are now 3 fire crews attempting to extinguish my house ... nice one plasnart!!! LOL

Bigrig
31st October 2010, 02:16 PM
no, no ... my bad ... probably not enough water, or the not the right paper cup, or both ... once we rebuild the kitchen and attached living areas, I'll give it another go ... I'm no quitter ... LOL

Finly Owner
1st November 2010, 12:33 AM
Try grease proof paper cups on med flame;-#

Bigrig
1st November 2010, 09:54 PM
Why isn't 'phonetics' spelt like it sounds??

Bigrig
1st November 2010, 09:54 PM
What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Bigrig
1st November 2010, 09:58 PM
There are many tests out there for testing blood alcohol levels ... the tried and true 'breathalyzer bag' (the one where the crystals turn green); the electonic breath tester; the blood test; the good old fashioned 'walk in a straight line' test ... but the most reliable test for blood alcohol reading is the one where you make the individual lie on the floor, and if they have to hold on, then they are really pissed!!!! LOL

This wasn't the intent of this thread was it ... sorry ... obviously trying to hard to fit in ... I'll be good from now on, I promise ...

Finly Owner
2nd November 2010, 12:02 AM
thread hijacker BIGRIG

Bigrig
2nd November 2010, 08:59 AM
thread hijacker BIGRIG

Would you say I hijacked the thread with my 'pistol wit'?? LOL

patch697
2nd November 2010, 01:50 PM
Thread hijacking is a qualification & a requirement to fit right in around here so it looks like you've made the grade mate......lololololol

Oh & I think Plassy hates it too.............lololololololololol

Bigrig
2nd November 2010, 03:17 PM
Phew ... lucky ... sounds like the place to be to me!!

Thought I might have done something wrong ... I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken!! LOL

patch697
2nd November 2010, 03:41 PM
LOLOLOLOL..........& so modest into the bargain.................hahahahah

Woof
2nd November 2010, 08:10 PM
OK I'll do it:hijacked: feel so good now:049:
Bigrig your fitting in real well mate:cool:

Bigrig
2nd November 2010, 10:18 PM
Bootiful mate, just bootiful!!!

Bigrig
11th November 2010, 05:51 PM
If you wear your underwear over your overwear, are you trying to prove the under it all you're above it all?? Makes you think doesn't it ...

Yes, I know ... I'm an idiot ... LOL ...

AB
1st April 2011, 10:59 PM
Had to help my brother the other night who had a flat in his GU in bumfluff town and had no spare...lol

I can confirm that the standard GQ or GU jack at maximum reach can just.....and I mean just leave enough room to change a 35" BF mudterrain tyre at 50% tread without digging under...lol