PDA

View Full Version : 50MM lift gu wagon

danielhobby
8th October 2012, 08:21 PM
hi all,doing a 50mm lift on our newly aquired 01 duel fuel wagon.i have a quote for ome nitro sports all round and new uprated coils and new steering damper,rear sway bar ext bracket and supply and fit of new caster kit if its needed.Our quote fitted of $1840 inc seems ok ish and im happy to go so long as the shocks and coils are deemed ok by the general population of patrol owners as its been a long time(new 1986 pajero 7 seater)since i bought "ome".Vehicle will be used for general touring and outback distance on occasion and some high country work towing at times a 1000kg off road camper.Any experienced opinions as to this package will be apreciated,thanks,danny

nissannewby
8th October 2012, 08:24 PM
I have run OME setups on both my patrols and run their setup on my daily/tourer/towing GU ute. They perform very well and is one of those few things that you can fit and forget these days very much worth the dollars.

threedogs
8th October 2012, 08:47 PM
Hey Danny have you finished accessorising your 4x4, eg bar, battery ,winch and dual batteries, this is a lot of weight if you have all this. Your fitter will need to know what if any
your future plans are and he can then tailor a system to match. Not point getting light springs then fitting everything and have to change it later. My 2 cents worth plus carbon tax rounded up ,makes it 53 cents now wow. better get solar panels lol

danielhobby
8th October 2012, 09:05 PM
threedogs,Have existing fact bull bar and gas tank and towing needs factored in and future roof rack and storage unit in rear allowed for so far,think we are good as far as i know but this is why i have asked the question so thank you .

Morton
10th October 2012, 09:33 PM
go with that system, you wont regret it but now that you know exactly what you want let your fingers do the walking & starting chasing a better price, $100-$200 is better in your pocket

Lieney
10th October 2012, 10:00 PM
One of the 4x4 mags did a shocky comparison a while back.
I cannot remember which one but I remember arguing about a brand a mate of mine had as he said they were the best.
They were rated in the bottom 3 I think.
I got Tough Dog standard weight 50mm in front and Tough Dog medium 50mm in rear. All 41mm foam cell plus RTC stering damper.
Cost $1300 supply.
Drives beautiful loaded, but a little like a ute when empty
Google the shocky comparo, you might be surprised

Jol
12th October 2012, 06:59 PM
I have theOME setup and my mate drives stock. OME is definately a bit stiffer but we reckon mine is more comfortable than his offroading! Surprising as I thought soft would give the nicer ride but you seem to get thrown around more. Def recommend OME and ARB defo have good setup and aftersales for piece of mind (no I don't work for them and reckon they're a rip off normally except for OME....)