PDA

View Full Version : what model

mike
7th November 2010, 12:28 AM
Is there a poll that tells us whos driving what model ?That way we can look out for parts /info etc for anyone that needs it .

Cheers Mike

Whoops found it

uted
7th November 2010, 11:36 AM
maybe a little off topic but how would i find out what model of gq i have? dx rx st ti ect. its a 92 gq tb42e with a/c and stabilizer disconects but no leather (i think this rules out the ti) if anyone has any info it would be greatly apreciated

YNOT
7th November 2010, 12:15 PM
TB42e means it's not a DX. RX did not have electric windows but the ST did. TI had chrome mirrors and rear bumpers.
Stabilizer disconnect was fitted to RX, ST, and TI.
Most TI's were fitted with factory rear lockers.

Tony

uted
12th November 2010, 09:27 AM
Cheers Tony that means its a ST as it has electric windows as well.

Chris72GQ
21st November 2010, 01:03 PM
TB42e means it's not a DX. RX did not have electric windows but the ST did. TI had chrome mirrors and rear bumpers.
Stabilizer disconnect was fitted to RX, ST, and TI.
Most TI's were fitted with factory rear lockers.

Tony
Not all ST's had electric windows and stabilizer disconnects,
my GQ is a 92 ST with no power windows, and no dicsconnect
I honestly thought mine was a poverty pack until i had seen a dx, they came with only 5 seats, no carpets bench rear seat, and vinyl seats,

Bigrig
21st November 2010, 01:11 PM
Depends on the make through that year also (1992) - mine is a 92 Ti, but no chrome mirrors and no factory lockers (got the leather all through, timber grain finish, electric windows etc etc though) - those additions to the Ti started closer to, or in 1993 ... there is another thread on the forum which details how to use your VIN to ascertain model etc, so that may be useful ... the 92 (as far as I am aware) was the first year of the EFI's and all round springs also - not sure if this was across all models, or just the Ti ...

boggy2006
22nd November 2010, 08:55 PM
I think mine is an ST, cloth trim, no chrome, sway bar disconnect, electrics all round, 7 seats, rear LSD, 1992 EFI with springs.....if that helps at all.

YNOT
22nd November 2010, 09:17 PM
That's exactly what my '92 GQ had, and it was ST spec.

Tony

Finly Owner
23rd November 2010, 01:50 AM
ST-> "special treatment" heheheheheee.