PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious water dripping from underneath the vehicle

rowlund
7th October 2012, 08:03 PM
Hi All!

I had noticed that after driving my patrol around for awhile and parking it, that there seems to be some water that is dripping from underneath the vehicle. I moved the patrol to make sure it was just water, ad not any other car fluid and it was indeed just water and not any oil or whatnot. I just my radiator fluid level for a week and it does not seem to have been diminished in nay way. Someone told me that this was normal and had just come from running the A/C unit for awhile. I just wanted to confirm if this was correct.

MEGOMONSTER
7th October 2012, 08:15 PM
If infact the air con had been running then yes, most probably it's the water from the air con. And you say definitely not from radiator.

Like AB asked if I had my air con on when we went wheeling around Toolangi, he noticed a large amount of steaming fluid under the front radiator, he then realised I had a piss.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

megatexture
7th October 2012, 08:40 PM
mine drips onto the catalatic converter and then on the floor just under passenger seat if thats the location they its normal depending on how hot the cat is after driving and the ambient temps it may not show up some times

choppie
7th October 2012, 11:24 PM
If water is coming out under l/h side just behind front wheel, it will be A/C, catch some in your hand and if it's cold it's a/c.

dumpy
8th October 2012, 08:44 PM
Yep mine leaks water from the air con, drips down onto the muffler.

tecdiverdude
19th October 2012, 09:04 AM
how hard were you driving? was it from the passenger side? and was the misses in passenger seat? did she look pale?