PDA

View Full Version : ebay cheep diesel power chip

my third 256
6th November 2010, 11:17 PM
have just purchaced a no limit diesel chip on ebay wanted $149 for it had a make an offer .offered $130 and was accepted postage ftom germany registered was $10 so all up $140
took 2 weeks to arive and 5 minuites to install how easy was that but had to get a waterproof enclosure to put it in went to jcar and got one for $15 they asked if they could have a look inside
and the fella recons theres about $30 af stuff inside just like all the other brands he has inspected
what a rip off if you pay the $1400 for other brands
well now we put it in and went for a drive up the freeway to murray bridge and back about 130 km round trip plenty of hills
my mate a diesel mechanic with the metro fire dept came for a ride as he had driven my patrol
yes more power when the boot went in up the hills ,idles lower ,revs lower when crusing .
filled with diesel and better fuel economy about 1.5 ltrs so all in all am very happy and mate had a drive also to confirm my findings and he agreed with me so now he has ordered one for his patrol
just one thing though they unly make then for common rail
imfo on these at http://No limit tuning
thanks for reading this owell if i only blow $140 i can live with that not $1400
stephen

my third 256
7th November 2010, 09:42 AM
just to let everyone know they only make them for crd cars
stephen

my third 256
7th November 2010, 03:34 PM
you will have to let me know how you get on with yours
also the picture of the wiring harness is a bit deceiving with all the different plug ends
what you actually get is the t harness and the plugs (1 male .1 female) only for your patrol
so its real easy to install i didn't even take the inter-cooler cover off just reached in (when its cold )you think im stupid to say this but a would have at a guess some one would try when hot
just a thought go for a spin before you install unit ,then go again to give yourself a really good idea of the power difference in such a short time span

enjoy stephen glad to see you got it for a good price too

my third 256
9th November 2010, 04:34 PM
hi nisspat i mounted it in a zip loch bag an the aircon hose infront of the brake master cylinder nice and high and away from heat
just behind the fuse box that is a pain to get open and closed
cheers stephen

Garreth
23rd November 2010, 08:22 PM
Hey Guys

I brought one of these No Limit Tuning chips off ebay for my 2006 direct injection patrol, i messaged the outfit and asked if the did one for that model, he replyed yes and send thru a wiring dirgram.
Installed in the weekend, (about 1.5 hrs) works a treat, can feel the power thru the rev range, dont know about fuel consumption, as it good the feel the new power.

It is sending the EGR a bit higher, usually around 500c, now when reving it out pushes it up to 650-700c.
I still only have stock exhast.

Mounted mine inside up by double din radio, ran the wire from the diesel pump in to the cab and then hooked into ECU, earth, job done!

Im quite impressed with it, considering the cost!

Cheers
Garreth

my third 256
24th November 2010, 03:17 AM
hi all just put diesel in the patrol and put in 35 lt odometer reading was 302 ks thats about 11.5 lts per 100 not bad for around town
am realy impressed with the chip
hows yours going Niss Pat have you installed it yet any reports so far
stephen

my third 256
25th November 2010, 02:15 AM
ill be interested to see some pics of the installation of the egt probe and how it is done so i can do it to my patrol
thanks stephen

my third 256
25th November 2010, 02:19 AM
hi garreth what motor is in your patrol
crds tend to run cooler
stephen

my third 256
25th November 2010, 07:32 AM
just got this reply from nolimit in germany a bit hard to follow though

Hello Stephen,
many thanks for your message.

The problem with an extra bag is the following: Before the box gets a problem with the water, the engine has it before. We have tested any of different kinds of bags. There all waterproof, but in every case NOT heat proof. And the heat is at the engine a very big problem. The alu housings must be hold temperatures til 130C but no bag can make this.

I tell with customers more likely, that the water is not a problem (in this case our warranty would be valid too) as to talk with customers where the water proof bag burned and it gave damages at the engines.
Best regards
Nevin

So it seems you dont need to put the box in an enclosers the way i read this was to put the connectors in bags maybe i get his meaning wrong so i will take mine out of the zip bag
stephen

Automarke = nissan

Typ = 3.0 lt patrol

Baujahr = 2007

Anfrage = just to let you know i purchaced a nolimit chip on ebay from you it is great more power easy to install cet now 11.5 lts per 100 ks around town but why dont you put it in a water proof enclosure im sure the extra cost would be worth it thanks again for a great product regards stephen from australia

big_fletch
25th November 2010, 08:15 AM
If they made one of these for my 02' patrol 3.0 i would have jumped on this.. What a shame.. Looks like a great deal

my third 256
25th November 2010, 08:59 AM
hi big fletch from what garreth has written it seems they do ,just a bit of extra wireing to be done maybe talk to him (couple of messages back ) or talk to nolimit themselves
info@no-limit-tuning.com
http://no-limit-tuning.com/index.php
stephen

big_fletch
25th November 2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks I will do that, i just went to there ebay site and it said CRD only so i might msg them and find out.

Fletcha

boggy2006
26th November 2010, 03:28 PM
are there any chips for the 4.2inj petrol ECU? In fact, where is the petrol ECU?!

big_fletch
26th November 2010, 04:50 PM
I got my email back today and they do make a chip for the Di 3.0 patrol, however instead of being plug in they need to be wired in.. looks like I am going to be short on cash this week Haha

NissanGQ4.2
26th November 2010, 06:12 PM
are there any chips for the 4.2inj petrol ECU? In fact, where is the petrol ECU?!

Not sure about chips 4 the 4.2efi, i'm sure there probable is, but with the ECU conected to a laptop and the right software you can change parameters in the ECU anyway ( so i am lead 2 believe ) so don't really see the point for a chip.

The location of the ECU, will be behind some plastics ( well not in my case ), on the front passenger side fire wall?, Under the glove box, some pics to show you anyway :)

Garreth
26th November 2010, 08:02 PM
Hey Guys,

I brought mine off ebay, messaged the guy first, asking the guy first if he did one for DI model.
He told me to 'buy now' the 3.0 crd model, then in the messages say you want product 'VP44 denso GR30'

He sent wiring diagram thru, it is not water proof but i removed the radio panel where the hazard/demister switches are and put it in there,
now if that gets wet im in some serious trouble.
Basically the one wire from the pump comes thru firewall, and two earths are joint together, one wire to throttle sensor and one to power (both of these are take off from ECU, pin 23, and pin 59 or 61)

Just been talking to a bloke that installed in his auto, all positive, worth the mucking around as he brought the CRD model first, but the ebay site has 30 day money back warranty, so it was exchanged for the DI model.

I say if you have a lazy $159 lying around do your self a favor, try one out.

My thoughts

Garreth

my third 256
26th December 2010, 08:48 AM
hi chaps just found another chip for the older patrols on ebay just
copy and paste it in ebay
Performance Chip NISSAN SKYLINE 350Z PATROL 52+ HP
stephen

sylrod
28th December 2010, 07:15 PM
Hello ynot (Tony).
This is the chip I'm interested in for my 2010 3 ltr common rail turbo auto. As I said, I'm not a mech. and the instructions from Germany include 2 x photos and minimum details.
Need help
Rgds
Rod.

sylrod
28th December 2010, 07:18 PM
Sorry. neglected to give the name: ebay No Limit diesel chip for $149
Rod

YNOT
28th December 2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks Rod, that's the info I needed.

According to their website for common rail engines it's all plug and play using factory connectors. It "should" just be a case of finding the right connectors, unplugging them and installing the tuning box in line.

Tony

Woof
28th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry. neglected to give the name: ebay No Limit diesel chip for $149
Rod

Rod I would be very careful putting that chip in your new Patrol mate, some chips cover any mishaps that may occur after installing their chip, such a DP Chip.
I would hate for you to install this chip and void your warranty with Nissan mate.
Just my opinion, what do the rest of the members have to say about this, comments please everyone???

sylrod
29th December 2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the info. The suppliers say they are insured with "Allied World Insurance" but when I asked for the policy # to verify it, none came. If something did go wrong would it be a matter of disconnecting and playing dumb or is that too dishonest ? And then again are the results worth the execise ?

rkinsey
29th December 2010, 11:17 AM
Just a point of law. Any modification to a product outside of the manufacturers specifications and not performed by the manufacturer will not be covered by either an Implied Warranty or Voluntary Warranty.

If you are worried about damage not being covered by the manufacturer, simply give them a call and ask. "Can I modify my product?" "Does the manufacturer supply any modifications?"

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Refunds_and_warranties/Warranties.html#Restrictions_on_warranty_claims

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Consumers/Refunds_and_warranties/Warranties.html

wildgu6
2nd January 2011, 05:42 PM
ok heres a dumb question for you in the know.
Chipn an RD28T, some of the posts are saying about the chip being for CRD only.
Heres the dumb bit, what is the difference between the diesel injection systems and how do you know which one you have ???
:1087::1087:

Cheers Pete

the evil twin
2nd January 2011, 10:48 PM
ok heres a dumb question for you in the know.
Chipn an RD28T, some of the posts are saying about the chip being for CRD only.
Heres the dumb bit, what is the difference between the diesel injection systems and how do you know which one you have ???
:1087::1087:

Cheers Pete

CRD is "common rail" IE the fuel is delivered in a common rail connecting all 4 injectors and teh injectors are fully electronically controlled. It is still a direct injection tho IE fuel mist directly into the chamber. The posts in question are referring to the MY07 and later ZD30 CRD engines

Non CRD has a seperate fuel feed to each injector and the pump pressure controls the injection

Typically CRD's operate at significantly higher fuel pressures giving better atomisation and burn patterns etc etc. Their injectors also cost a small fortune or your first born

As a point of interest most of the "cheap chips" and some of the expensive ones (rip offs) are simply variable resistors that up the fuel pressures so you get more bang. The expensive legitimate chips will use multiple inputs to remap the injection signals from the ECU

my third 256
5th April 2011, 08:36 PM
3481here you go kris

Hokey1171
24th August 2011, 02:12 PM
HI Guys,
Sorry to bring up an old thread, anyone have an update especially on the Di?
Considering buying for my '01 model.
Cheers.

jeffph1
20th November 2012, 08:38 PM
this is a total wast of money had the patrol dyno before and after all it did was use more fuel tried to contact no limit did not answer as i have dyno proof if any one has said it works then they are dreaming can send dyno proof Jeff

mudski
20th November 2012, 09:46 PM
have just purchaced a no limit diesel chip on ebay wanted $149....
thanks for reading this owell if i only blow $140 i can live with that not $1400
stephen

And if you blow your 12K plus engine from using that chip? What are you going to do? Their warranty is not worth a pinch of old cocky shit. Albeit cheap, I'd rather buy local. And yes I bought one of those chips from them for my Dmax I had. It never worked, I posted it back with tracking, etc etc, waited months and they said they never got it, bullshit, I even rang thier post office in Germany and managed to find out its sitting there waiting for them to pick it up, but they never did still telling me its not there. Four months later it arrives back on my door step with a stamp from their p.o saying it was never collected. Yes it may do the same as what is sold here but I personally would take the risk. Although I was temped to order one and pull it apart...
But its your money Ralph. I just hope it goes well for you mate. I'd hate to see turn sour on you. But yes they are very tempting for that price compared to our way over inflated chips sold here.