PDA

View Full Version : Does the GU petrol really run hot?

rowlund
7th October 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi all! I recently purchased a 2002 GU body, 4.5 liter petrol Patrol. I just noticed that the patrol runs really hot on idle. The temperature gauge never really goes beyond one half, it's just that the other day, I noticed the light rain falling on my bonnet was smoking from the heat being generated by the bonnet. Last night, we used the car to shoot a little video first inside the car and had it on idle for sometime. The next scene called for us to be in front of the grille and I had noticed that even after having been shut off for around 15 minutes, there was still a good amount of heat being generated from the grille. I wanted to ask our more experienced owners if this running hot thing is normal? or something I should be worried about? Your comments and thoughts would be most appreciated.

macca86
7th October 2012, 01:13 PM
Its fine mate normal stuff you'll find most cars do it

threedogs
7th October 2012, 01:25 PM
May need a radiator up grade for towing big loads ,but sounds normal, a lot a metal to lose heat from once turned off, nothinf to get paranoid over

MEGOMONSTER
7th October 2012, 01:52 PM
Perhaps just get the radiator checked by an expert.
We have had issues with slightly blocked radiators.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

rowlund
7th October 2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks much for the replies. This is actually my 1st SUV after having driven sedans for the last 19 years.

threedogs
7th October 2012, 03:06 PM
Understatment Mego, love it ",Slightly" blocked LMfao.
Mego means some forum members I hope anyway

MEGOMONSTER
7th October 2012, 06:03 PM
Understatment Mego, love it ",Slightly" blocked LMfao.
Mego means some forum members I hope anyway

Could you feel my sarcasm. And yes some other members

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........