PDA

View Full Version : next nads to do

kevin07
6th October 2012, 10:40 PM
my next item to do, i want to fit either a chip or a new exhaust id like to do both but coin is a problem so help me decide which is better for me to do first. probably be a dp,steinbauer chip or exhaust either redback or buedesert ex i have ruled out 3" i will be towing 2 ton about 5000 ks with this so which one is going to help me most looking after egts and fuel.thanks kev

nissannewby
6th October 2012, 10:47 PM
Go a 2.75" beaudesert system mate will be the best bang for buck

boots
6th October 2012, 11:43 PM
^^^^ x2 ^^^^^^

Monty_e
7th October 2012, 06:19 AM
What have you done so far Kevin?

threedogs
7th October 2012, 08:51 AM
Kev07, you'll need to fit guages first boost and egts, as bigger exhaust will increase boost
so you need to be able to monitor what changes are happening as you do your mods.
highly recommomend guages first, pillar pod or other

mudski
7th October 2012, 12:30 PM
^^^^
What TD said. You need to do the following if you haven't already done it.

Fit Boost and EGT gauges
Fit EGR plate
Fit Dawes and Needle vale, ( or atleast just the Dawes )
Fit an oil Catch Can

Then worry about the chip and pipe. But if you have all the above I would just flip a coin between chip or pipe. I went chip first, I felt the difference but wasn't overly impressed. Then I fitted a 3inch Redback zorst. That cost me $900 and I fitted it myself. The Redback uses a metallic Hi flow cat rather than a ceramic hiflow cat which is apparently better. Anyhow after i fitted the pipe I unplugged the chip and the performance "feeling" was the same as just having the chip in. The both together is better but nothing to brag about.
I'm sure I have forgotten to mention one of the NADs...

kevin07
7th October 2012, 10:54 PM
fitted autometer gauges and provent 200 also got an ultragauge

mudski
7th October 2012, 11:01 PM
Alrighty. You will be strongly advised by myself, and others to get the EGR and Dawes fitted before even worrying about zorst and chip.

Monty_e
8th October 2012, 07:54 PM
What mudski said!

threedogs
8th October 2012, 08:10 PM
Got some great advice there Kevin07

nissannewby
8th October 2012, 11:34 PM
Is kevin07's not a CRD 3.0 I wasnt aware that they needed the same attention as the Di in the earlier models. Agreed gauges are a necessity when modifying a turbo diesel but unsure that a dawes and needle valve would be required for a CRD?

kevin07
10th October 2012, 01:51 AM
all decided egr block sat am, next week after sydney 4wd show ill order the beudesert 2.75 quoted 1165 plus freight and if anything goes astray mate has a lazy boost controller hangin round. guys thanks for the advice on the exhaust as i was thinkin of chippin first i thought that would give me the best improvement. mine 07 crd with boost and pyro, provent, , snorkel,you know whats coming next .then some more after that. thanks kevin07

Lieney
10th October 2012, 10:08 PM
3" will see ya boost go real high, and real quick.
Mine hit about 25psi plus on highway at times of cruising and I had to get on and off throttle to keep the boost from climbing. ANNOYING.
Dawes valve was fitted a couple days after to fix that issue and not much trouble after that.
Save the $ and get a package deal at either.
Or look up best mufflers in sydney if you want a cheap 3" system as they now have them available and can deliver.