PDA

View Full Version : My New GU needs a new seat.

southerncross
4th October 2012, 10:19 PM
Hi all long time lurker here, I just picked up a secondhand/new 06 DX 4.2 Wagon and drove it back to Cairns from Brissy. I've been searching for a while and and found an absolute gem.

2 inch lift, Warn winch and Bar (never used), Roo systems 3 inch exhaust with injector pump, old man emu suspension, etc etc all in immaculate condition and never even seen a dirt road with only 27,000 on the clock, well 28something now.

BUT man is my back and a&%& are sore from the seat, any suggestions for a replacement seat ? we're planning a kimberley trip next year and there is no way I'll be sitting in those seats for the trip. I'm hoping this vehicle will last me for quite a while and plan on spending a lot of time in it but I'll be buggered if I can do it in those seats.

Oh and does anyone know if the 5 seater has the bolt holes for the extra seats hidden away ?

Thanks

Alitis007
7th October 2012, 01:29 PM
Call a motor trimmer they might b able to modify the seat by adding in extra padding for lumbar and on the bottom cushion. Look under the covers in the cargo area there should be bolt holes there for the rear dicky seats.

MEGOMONSTER
7th October 2012, 05:20 PM
I customised my seats. And goes something like this.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Alitis007
7th October 2012, 05:24 PM
There fantastic!! Do they feel as good as they look??

MEGOMONSTER
7th October 2012, 05:38 PM
There fantastic!! Do they feel as good as they look??

What do you reckon. Yes their quite comfortable.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Alitis007
7th October 2012, 08:37 PM
Thats awesome mate!!

MudRunnerTD
7th October 2012, 09:09 PM
does your DX wagon have 2 buckets in the front and do they have the dial adjusters on the side? When i first got my GUIV i would be a Cripple after a short trip and was very very concerned about whether i could even keep the car.

After a bit of trimming with the dials i have to say that it is comfy as now and i have no complaints about the seats. It was debilitating but i was able to adjust them (base angle etc.) All good now. Have a play.

Yes Megos are nice hey! Hmmmmmm but will cost you a bit ;)

Hey well done finding a 2006 TD42 with tiny kms on it!!! Awesome! Not an ex mine car is it? Can i ask what you paid bud? pm if you prefer. Just doing a survey ;)

southerncross
9th October 2012, 06:09 PM
Hi guy's,
MEGOMONSTER they are what I'm talkin about, how, where, how much ? Would another GU series seat bolt straight in? No dials or adjustments on the seats at all, Ive hunted around Cairns here for local options but the only motor trimmer I found only does tonneau covers and so on.
Thanks MudRunner I'm quite chuffed at getting it , a 4.2 has been my dream for a decade or more. No not a mine truck was only sold retail in 08 ex demo first rego'd in 09 and then setup for a Nomad adventure that never happened, second buyer got it two years ago with the plan of retiring and doing the same thing but things sadly fell through for them as well. Literally not a mark on it , a spot of oil, a puff of smoke on start up... nothing. The price was up there but it is basically a brand new car with plenty of gear on it, have pm'd you.

Still need a seat option ? it's a bit like sitting on a folded ironing board ( I know, I know try a spoonfull of cement powder & HTFU) just driving round town is a pain.

MudRunnerTD
9th October 2012, 11:50 PM
Up spec seats will bolt straight in! You will find the wiring loom is likely there and everything to run electric TI or ST seats!

Mmmmmmmm leather!