PDA

View Full Version : Coleman xtreme coolers

luvpsi
4th October 2012, 06:56 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Coleman xtreme coolers I can't really afford a engel or Waeco so I'm looking at coolers what are they like etc

megatexture
4th October 2012, 07:01 PM
get a evercool ive got a 100ltr one and will keep ice verry well and arnt crazy prices http://www.evakoolstore.com/page/products.html i have a fiberglass one and rate it

threedogs
4th October 2012, 07:05 PM
I use a Baileys ice box, now called Evacool, my ice box WILL keep ice all weekend sitting in full sun no questions asked, just dont use techni ice, only good for 1 day IMO
I also anhanced mine a tad as fitted another lid over OE but put 20 mm of polystyrene in between. Even mates say best ESKY ever

85lts or 96 cans with ice, even wired a auto night light to inside of lid.

Those ice boxes where you get the techni ice from will last forever, good value IMO
Check always for insulation, some forget to do the lid

megatexture
4th October 2012, 07:22 PM
lol i did that to my waeco and i slid in 15mm polly inside the bag on each side

threedogs
4th October 2012, 07:40 PM
What can I say, "great minds, figjam" This pic is mates ice box, they ship Aust wide huge range of sizes, if you get one get the lightest colour eg white
Great ice box tuff as can stand, sit, kick, run over, nah but very well built and priced, they sell in combo deals on Ebay
Think this is 40ltr but very good, not as good as my baileys, but very good

growler2058
4th October 2012, 07:46 PM
I use techni ice and normal ice and find they work well together

Sent via my tapping thumbs

threedogs
4th October 2012, 08:09 PM
You reckon that techni ice works?? on the murray during summer Lucky to last first day. My shed freezer goes down to -17..
nah will never use or recommend techni ice, it has it place but not camping. goes soft very quickly, when soft not cold

growler2058
4th October 2012, 08:14 PM
Always take me techni ice been down the Murray in summer but I use ice as well and found my techni still hard after days. Wouldn't rely on it by itself though
I take it in my 6pak esky for day trips wheelin also

megatexture
4th October 2012, 08:17 PM
i just freez coke bottles of water so i can drink it when it melts

growler2058
4th October 2012, 08:18 PM
i just freez coke bottles of water so i can drink it when it melts

X2

MEGOMONSTER
4th October 2012, 08:23 PM
I too can't recommend the techni ice blocks or the esky itself. But I guess I didn't pay for it so it'll do.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

threedogs
4th October 2012, 08:31 PM
freeze 2 ltr plastic milk containers as they are square,easier to pack square stuff also ,we also freeze ice cream containers ,great for block ice.
Great way to have cold drinking water all the time too. Leave bung hole open on icebox so water drips out into pot,
as water hotter than ice, no brainer

Winnie
4th October 2012, 08:37 PM
But when that water comes out you're replacing it with even hotter air. Leave the water in, your ice will last longer!!

threedogs
4th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Nah not really bung hole not really open, just allowed to weep. why leave ice in the water it won't re freeze we just let it drip out, hey works for us.
in us I mean my mates and myself, heaps of theories. we leave my baileys icebox till last day as it holds ice better, and drink from others first.
Engel is food only. Will find out on fishing trip hey, now you have to come. answer pm now

luvpsi
5th October 2012, 12:47 AM
Only reason I ask about the Coleman as a mate wholesales their stuff and I can get a 55liter xtreme cooler for less than 100 that's all but yeah evakool look good

Irvs
5th October 2012, 07:48 AM
two bags of ice in my dune esky lasts me 5 to 7 days minimum in hot conditions, I keep it under the car and if I can on two blocks of timber to space it off the hot ground, if I buy a gas fridge I''ll be skipping over all the engels and waecos and getting a Dometic/Electrolux, used them a lot and never been disappointed, only think you've gotta keep an eye out for is that it doesn't freeze completely. my two cents

threedogs
5th October 2012, 10:18 AM
As long as the coleman is insulated you should be ok, can't complain about the price, may need to leave esky in shade.
the others spoken about here are expensive, mine cost $395 in 1994, much cheaper now I think. It's all in the insulation
better that is better it will keep ice, 4x4 AUST mag did a comparo on eskies/ice boxes a while back. like with most other things
4x4 and camping related, its all about what you can afford at the time. Get the best you can afford, it may have to last you a long time.