PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 CRD Oil??

NT09ST
4th October 2012, 03:54 PM
So ive read about a million posts on here about oil for ZD30's and they keep getting hijacked by ppl with 2.8's n 4.2's and it confuses the hell out of me so id like to ask the question again.

What Engine oil are people using withe the ZD30 CRD Patrols and do they have a DPF?

Cheers

Tim

matto9018
4th October 2012, 08:36 PM
I use Castrol Diesel... You can buy them at supercheap. Used them in my CRD and its fine.
Aslong oil rates are the same as manual books.

Cheers

Maxhead
5th October 2012, 07:50 AM
No DPF in the CRD. I use Delo 400 but as long it is suitable oil for the engine it will be fine. You can get the info on which oil from the company's website

........... On the move

Ronin
5th October 2012, 09:44 AM
When I went for the service, I had asked the mechanics there what oil do they use, answer was Valvoline Durablend 10W-40.

Drew
5th October 2012, 09:47 AM
I been trying out western oil 10-40 coz I can get 20l easier than other brands

dumpy
5th October 2012, 03:46 PM
I also use castrol diesel. Get onto the castrol lubrication guide on their website it lists all the recommended oils for everything engine, diffs transmission and such for any vehicle

Monty_e
7th October 2012, 05:29 AM
Ive read fully synthetic oil is the way to go, but trying to identify what is fully synthetic doesn't seem that easy.

What's everyone else view? Is you oil fully synthetic??

NT09ST
11th October 2012, 05:39 PM
Ive decided after much looking around to go with Nulon 10-40 Full Synthetic. It meets all the requirements and at $60 ish for 6L its quite well priced. The funny thing i noticed is that all the oil companys list on their sights to use a normal Petrol/Diesel oil not a specific Diesel oil.

Jol
12th October 2012, 05:56 PM
I did a ring around and the stealers are charging about $110 plus GST. Supercheap will charge about $80 depending on what you go for. They also have links to all the suppliers which have good search functions for which oils you need in sump, diffs gearbox etc. Pretty handy if you print them out and take them in with you rather than figuring it out in store!!!!