PDA

View Full Version : overdive buttom on auto

dumpy
3rd October 2012, 02:56 PM
hi i have a 2010 crd patrol, some questions on the overdrive button on the auto. do you leave the overdrive on when cruzin around town or leave if off. will it improve fuel economy when left on around town. the manual if a bit vague on when to use or not to. obviously you have it on on the highway.

threedogs
3rd October 2012, 03:00 PM
I drive in overdrive all the time, its too frisky with it off .
Can't see it doing any harm having it off, revs too high at hwy speeds

jack
3rd October 2012, 03:50 PM
yeap agree with threedogs

MEGOMONSTER
3rd October 2012, 06:24 PM
Mine on all the time too. At 60 with it on sits on 1500rpm with it off sits at 2000rpm. You do the math on economy.
It's hard enough to use the word economy and Patrol in the same sentence, let alone to say it with overdrive off.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

dumpy
3rd October 2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys I have been driving with the overdrive on for the last few days will keep it on so hopefully will notice a difference with fuel usage. Thank again everyone

megatexture
3rd October 2012, 07:48 PM
when im towing i keep it off, round town depends on my mood and how responsive i want it to be if i have it on or off. highways i keep it on

boots
3rd October 2012, 07:56 PM
Mines off until I reach 70kmph regardless , then its on , and when reducing speed switch off between 70 to 60 kmph .