PDA

View Full Version : DIY bull bar install

macka82
3rd October 2012, 01:25 PM
Hi all. How hard is it to install a steel bull bar on a 2012 gu? Have found a factory bar going cheap (new) and seeing the funds Are tight figured I could save some coin and install myself. Fairly handy with the whole DIY thing but wanted to check before I'm half way through and find issues!! Thanks

growler2058
3rd October 2012, 01:35 PM
Mmmmmm normally a bar is pi55 easy to install mate but a vehicle with air bags etc may be an entirely different story! Hopefully someone in the know will pop on soon and advise

Double Tap

Benno7
3rd October 2012, 01:47 PM
to my knowledge it should be as simple as unbolting the bumper and bolting up the bull bar.
You shouldn't have to worry about the air bag sensors as the should be on the body.
just make sure you have the mounting kit with the bar and its for your model/series patrol.

threedogs
3rd October 2012, 02:29 PM
After you empty out the 4-5 bags of bolts read the 300 page instruction manual, you may at this stage feel like putting it in the too hard bin, know I would.
They have very complex fitting styles these days and as suggested airbag,etc wouldn't want to get it wrong for your families sake. what bar are you looking at
and where are you located???, OK factory bar, getting easier, now your area??